More unprofessional AMR pilot behavior

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That's right.

Keep your proseltyzing crap to yourself.

We all have our own beliefs, but to push them on a group of captive customers is not only extremely bad form, it's absolutely offensive.

I'd love to see this same a-hole stuck in a hotel on Bourbon Street during Mardis Gras, or have his car beak down in the projects at midnight . . . and let someone else "minister" their beliefs to him!

If this guy loses his job or is repremanded for suggesting that they talk then this world is way more messed up than I thought. My gosh, they didn't have to do anything, it was just a suggestion.

I don't think he was out of line and I hope that AA has enough guts to stand up to the critics and they give this guy a pat on his back for having enough conviction to do what he did.

God bless all of you, even the nay sayers.

Besides, they bought their tickets with money that says, "In God We Trust."

Last edited:
The brotherhood means pilots wishing the best for their fellow piots. How will you feel if you made a mistake and you were "SEVERLY" disceplined by the Company? If the tables were to change I am sure you wouldn't be saying that.

NO Love

RIGHT ON BILL NELSON.

May the Lord bless you for defending his name.

"JESUS IS LORD"

May the lord bless you all no matter how you feel. You are all still my brothers.

Mad Dog 80

Good Night

hmmm,

There are many religions around the world. If you feel your religion is superior and you feel compelled to convert those around you, wouldn't you be arrogant?

Never belittle the person next to you based on belief. To each his/her own.

Goose17

Mad Dog 80 said:
The brotherhood means pilots wishing the best for their fellow piots. How will you feel if you made a mistake and you were "SEVERLY" disceplined by the Company? If the tables were to change I am sure you wouldn't be saying that.

You're joking, right? Or maybe you really are that clueless. If I were on that flight I'd have feared for my life. That guy certainly didn't wish anyone well but for himself because if he did he wouldn't have purposely isolated and stigmatized the non-Christians on board his flight. I'd like to see you be a religious minority and have some whacko captain segregate you from the majority and see how you feel.
He didn't make any mistake; he did it on purpose.

Dude

For a moment, assume this situation was hypothetical, since we weren't there.

As a VERY conservative Christian, I feel that proselytizing on company time and in uniform is inappropriate.

(1) It is unfair to the company - they should not be subject to the customer service ramifications of an 'incident' such as this.

(2) It is unfair to any person who might feel trapped by a public display of a very personal issue.

Putting people on the spot doesn't accomplish much.

Speaking about your faith should be done on our own time, and only to someone who wants to hear it. If someonedoesn't want to talk about God, I am more than happy to accomodate them.

Why would I want to discuss a personal issue with someone who is not interested.

As a Christian, I would have been bothered, but not especially offended if I was in this kind of situation as a pax.

Most of the time I do not want to discuss other people's relgion, politics, or sexuality. Unless of course, they are stupid enough to post it on a public message board, in which case, open fire!

Do I think that Company Policy shold prohibit this type of speech in this ype of situation? YES.

Do I think that state/federalCompany Policy shold prohibit this type of speech in this type of situation? NO.

------------------------------------------------------------------

RESISTANCE-

Nice try at flame bait with the hitler reference.

You're going to have to much more clever next time.

Try watching more Dennis Miller or Conan -they have the witty comeback down pat. Back to School for you!

------------------------------------------------------------------

Ty Webb-

Your hostility is really tiring. I assume you are part of the 'tolerant left'?

Your use of the word 'crap' is pretty jugemental. Diverity, mn, diversity.

Oh yeah, maturity is alway good, too. :)

Last edited:
Mad Dog 80 said:
Pushing=You bring the gospel to an individual, and he DOESN't want to here about it but you still try to force it down his throat.

Witnessing= You bring the gosple to an individual, and he DOES want to hear about it and you share the Word.

So then according to you, there is absolutely no difference between pushing and witnessing as far as the gospel-spreader is concerned. The only difference between being pushed upon, or witnessed is that whether the reciever wants to hear it. In other words, whether you are a pusher or a witness is completely out of your control.

More importantly about this issue, if I were a Muslim, would it be ok if I came over the PA and suggest to my passengers to read the Quran?

I think this captain should consider changing careers. Maybe becoming a preacher wouldnt be a bad idea. I think he deserves severe discipline because there is no reason for a pilot to do such thing.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back