More unprofessional AMR pilot behavior

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

vc10

It's fine to have faith---it's not so fine to push it on others. Especially considering the large number of non-christians who fly LA-NY, and who are quite happy being non-christians. This guy needs a talking to.

New York-(AP) -- American Airlines says a pilot flying from Los Angeles to New York asked non-Christians passengers to talk to Christians about their faith during the flight.

Airline spokesman Tim Wagner says the pilot made flight announcements and then asked that the Christians on board raise their hands.

Wagner says the pilot then suggested the other passengers use the flight time to talk to the identified Christians.

Wagner says the Fort Worth-based airline is investigating the incident. He says it may not have been appropriate for the pilot to make that announcement.

He says the pilot had just returned to work from a week-long mission trip to Costa Rica.

What a moron, could you imagine being stuck in the same confined space for a month with this loser!! What gives him or anyone else for that matter the right to force their religeous belief on others. I sure hope he get's reprimanded!!

He's an aa pilot. You seem to have forgotten they are one step below God. They are absolutely right in everything they do. It certainly isn't our position to question the almighty apa tools.

Sarcasm intended.

I agree that a Christian Pilot should not push his believes on others but he should always witness to others about Jesus Christ. That's what I admire about George Bush.

I don't agree that he should be fired. That's the problem with aviation these days. What happen to the brotherhood?

May God Bless You All

Pushing=You bring the gospel to an individual, and he DOESN't want to here about it but you still try to force it down his throat.

Witnessing= You bring the gosple to an individual, and he DOES want to hear about it and you share the Word.

Mad Dog 80 said:
I don't agree that he should be fired. That's the problem with aviation these days. What happen to the brotherhood?

What "brotherhood" are you referring to? The one that proselytizes one religion to passengers who did nothing other than buy an airline ticket? May that "brotherhood" be dead and buried. The pilot in this case is way out of line and deserves severe discipline. If he repeats it he should be fired which would give him the opportunity to stand on some street corner and shout at all the "sinners" passing by.

Aviation has many problems but thankfully a preponderance of whackos like this guy isn't one of them. Sheesh!

Dude

Ummmm...

This has nothing to do with AA and calling all their pilots Nazis.

This has to do with an employee (in this case the Captain) of a company (in this case American) inappropriately pushing their religion (in this case Christianity) on the customers (in this case the passengers) who buy their product (in this case a ticket).

Singling out customers for their faith, or lack of a common faith, and then asking the customers who have the appropriate faith to try to convert them is one of the most obscene acts of anti-customer service I can imagine.

By all means, this individual DESERVES to be fired. Deliberately singling out customers and making them feel uncomfortable for no reason other than your desire to preach (errrrm, "witnessing") the "true word of God" or some such nonsense, is atrocious and unconscionable. The theological orientation of the passengers is completely immaterial to the business at hand, which is getting their butts to New York.

If this is not a reason to terminate someone, what is? How about if he said "let's have all the heterosexuals raise their hands and tell the homosexuals how to change their ways and be better people"?

What a retarded maneuver this guy pulled. Send him packing.

Latest resources

Back