• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More signs the ATR is going away.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked to an ALPA rep who has analyzed all regional pay including payrates and more importantly, WORK RULES. Horizon may have higher 700 pay than ASA but ASA's work rules are far superior. When all the soft pay is factored in, ASA 700 pays more.

Horizon's aircraft payrates are not so cut and dry. You are compensated on the aircraft pay rate that corresponds to your percentile in seniority. The dash 200 is the lowest, the CRJ-700 the highest, Q400 in the middle. A very senior FO flying the Dash 200 would be compensated on the CRJ-700 rate. Don't ask me why they do this, ask a Horizon pilot to explain it better. It was explained to me by a 200 FO.

I've been here for just 3 months and I was able to figure out that is was an extra prelim. Makes me wonder how informed some of you really are...

600 hours and 3 months, most of which has been spent in training. Let me guess? Riddle intern at one point?

Have fun with this guy Joe and John. :laugh:

600 hours and 3 months, most of which has been spent in training. Let me guess? Riddle intern at one point?

Have fun with this guy Joe and John. :laugh:

Riddle intern? Nope, far from it. Nice try though, lots of Riddle cats around here. Don't take it personally or anything but Im just shocked seasoned ASA pilots couldn't figure out the latest prelim was an extra one.

Riddle intern? Nope, far from it. Nice try though, lots of Riddle cats around here. Don't take it personally or anything but Im just shocked seasoned ASA pilots couldn't figure out the latest prelim was an extra one.

You must be fun to fly with!

Horizon's aircraft payrates are not so cut and dry. You are compensated on the aircraft pay rate that corresponds to your percentile in seniority. The dash 200 is the lowest, the CRJ-700 the highest, Q400 in the middle. A very senior FO flying the Dash 200 would be compensated on the CRJ-700 rate. Don't ask me why they do this, ask a Horizon pilot to explain it better. It was explained to me by a 200 FO.

Not to mention they don't get block or better! Keep in mind too that because of the above system a good number of CRJ FOs aren't paid at the CRJ rate.

Last edited:

I've been here for a little while and I didn't know it was an extra prelim, either. I don't even know wtf an extra prelim is.

Are you the same 777forever from jetcareers. This isn't jetcareers. They let you off lightly there last time you got cocky.

You got 600 hours from the 90 day fasttrack program at ATP? You'd have been better off if you just let everyone think you were a riddle intern,

Last edited:
Not to mention they don't get block or better! Keep in mind too that because of the above system a good number of CRJ FOs aren't paid at the CRJ rate.

Exactly! Everyone gets so caught up in Horizons rates that many forget the backbone of any good contract is superior work rules. Horizon is not as high paying as many think. In fact, not even industry leading. The ALPA study found XJET to be the highest paying. I wonder where ASA would rank now that we have the new contract. I know we're above Horizon for sure.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back