• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More signs the ATR is going away.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
80% if we meet performance critereon......which we are nowhere close to actually making. (Ok, maybe close)

I hope you are right, but there also is some confusion over whether it is ASA or Skywest, Inc.

I find it interesting also, that ASA has one hub, ATL, and we fly 850 flights daily into or out of the worlds busiest airport - but Delta penalizes us for performance when they board the flights, fuel and cater the planes, load the bags, etc. This is competition with Pinnacle, Skywest, Republic and Freedom, who operate a mere fraction of that.

Anyway, I still think Delta will RFP any new flying to replace ATR's, and ASA has zero chance of winning that......which I find also interesting, considering all of the 'great things' that were heading our way when the new contract was signed. And, we didn't get squat! In fact, the leadership has said many times lately that we have nothing on the horizon.

For January we were in the top 2 or 3 for performance. Pinnacle was over 50% late in ATL, with only a handful of flights per day. We are doing very well vis-a-vis our competitors...

Man, I don't wanna go learn the jet...sigh.

Oh well, when will we officially know about FOs being denied class on the jet who have it awarded? Sounds like a good time to get bypass pay, if it's still in the new contract....

Anyone got the number of that truck driving school? TruckMasters was it?

Last edited:
Then again, I could imagine a very pleasant world where the only ATR route is a shuttle between ATL and HXD, and possibly MYR.

ATR party at the Tiki hut every Friday!

Anyway, I still think Delta will RFP any new flying to replace ATR's, and ASA has zero chance of winning that......which I find also interesting, considering all of the 'great things' that were heading our way when the new contract was signed. And, we didn't get squat! In fact, the leadership has said many times lately that we have nothing on the horizon.

I agree with this statement. We won't get it because our ATR rate is very high compared to the industry, ans introducing any other t-prop would force a renegotiation on the rate. ALPA doesn't negotiate rates until the airplane is on property, so ASA couldn't make a competitive bid in an RFP.

First off, Delta does get some of those penalties. All baggage penalties go to Delta now, since they are the sole contractor for it. CVG is technically counted as a hub for us, the 850 flights are not all tied to ATL. We actually are meeting most of the goals for performance. Most of it is tied to completion factor, the rest is on-time. ASA's numbers are climbing from what they were this past summer.

What did you really expectr though, honestly? During negotiations, ASA had much worse on-time numbers. Who's going to invest in that? Simply having a contract isn't going to invite new growth. The best job security is to be competitive. If ASA can achieve higher performance numbers (on time, completion, D-0, baggage, etc) than I think companies are going to want to go after ASA. Otherwise, if you were an airline exec, why would you pick ASA?

Ummm maybe because we're f***ing cheap?!!! In this industry $$$ talks and BS walks. They don't care as much about performance as they do about money. It's just lip service.

Latest resources

Back