• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More recalls at UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know the number to coordinate travel to HQ?

I am in the April 17 recall class. What number did you guys call to set up the travel for the 1st week (2 days in ORD, 3 days in TK)?? Bob Neill told me it was the WE FLY EM number then selecting option 2, option 1 but I may have gotten that wrong. Is there a different WE FLY EM number that starts with 888 or 800 and not 877 prefix like Steve Forte's message? As for 1st Medicals, do any of you know when you need that by? Is it before the 1st day in ORD or the 1st day of your actual aircraft training at TK? Thanks guys!
TJ

I recommend you check with Bob on all of this -- may as well get it from the best source. Do you have his phone # still?

I left a message a few days with Bob

he hasn't gotten back to me. I know he is a very busy dude with all the furloughees he has been dealing with. I plan on calling again Monday morning. Huggy, do you know how it was decided which ones got pulled out of their class to start the 767 class? Was it from putting any 767 down on the wish list before any 320 or 737? I would imagine that all the returning pilots put the widebody fleet down before any of the narrowbody fleet.

RideFlySC said:
I am in the April 17 recall class. What number did you guys call to set up the travel for the 1st week (2 days in ORD, 3 days in TK)?? Bob Neill told me it was the WE FLY EM number then selecting option 2, option 1 but I may have gotten that wrong. Is there a different WE FLY EM number that starts with 888 or 800 and not 877 prefix like Steve Forte's message? As for 1st Medicals, do any of you know when you need that by? Is it before the 1st day in ORD or the 1st day of your actual aircraft training at TK? Thanks guys!
TJ

I don't have it with me, but it's in the packet they sent you. One of the first sheets, labeled travel request. If you can't find it, PM me and I'll get it for you in the next couple of days. Welcome back.

RideFlySC said:
....do you know how it was decided which ones got pulled out of their class to start the 767 class? Was it from putting any 767 down on the wish list before any 320 or 737? I would imagine that all the returning pilots put the widebody fleet down before any of the narrowbody fleet.

If someone is returning from furlough to the same aircraft they were last qualified on, i.e. 300, and it's been less than 3 years, then there is not any seat lock. So, someone in that situation could be awarded a 300 in recall class, but get a 767 bid once their back on the property. The bid awards have been coming out monthly. The only equipment, so far, that has gone directly to recallees is the guppy and fifi. Clear as mud? The junior 76 F/O (LAX) is 7577.

Last edited:
...that was the old contract, now it's..............

I have a question for those who have recently returned. During new hire orientation they put on a bit of a dog and pony bit about benefits etc. that wives, significant others etc were able to attend and ask questions. I was wondering if they are doing anything similar for recallees covering the changes. I was single during new hire and didn't hear a single word except for "holy crap! 5488 and I'm #10!!??" I don't figure I'll be anymore attentive this time around and think it might be nice for my new wife to be able to listen........

26NOV00 and hopin for spring.....

No such opportunity for wives this time

I just finished the 1st week and it was a lot of grip and grin with WHQ adn TK guys as well as FOM review of OI, Maint, Dispatch, Navigation. All in all, it was well run and worthwile. Although there are no guarantees in this business, future looks bright for UAL. What suprised me the most were the number of guys that left Frontier to come back to UAL. I think there were about 3 to 5. There was also an America West 757 dude that came back. Good luck and hope to see everyone back soon.

RideFlySC said:
I What suprised me the most were the number of guys that left Frontier to come back to UAL. I think there were about 3 to 5. There was also an America West 757 dude that came back. Good luck and hope to see everyone back soon.
That is surprising. I just had a friend with over 9 years at UAL leave and move on. And I know of two others hired ~1998 that left UAL and the industry all together.
I'm looking forward to the seeing the updated Seniority List when it comes out in July. I'm saving the old one for comparison, and want to see how many senior pilots decided to leave.

Latest resources

Back