More recalls at UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Fletch F Fletch said:
I was wondering if anyone knew how many days a month lineholders and reserves are working. As I recall, it used to be 15 days a month for reserves. And how junior is Denver these days. Are they putting any newly recalled dudes in Denver?

For the LCO (737/Airbus), I believe it's 20 days/month for reserves; probably similar for lineholders.
In the February vacancy bid, 7 737 and 2 Airbus slots to Denver went unfilled. That will make those slots available for recalled pilots. Long answer, but yes, newly recalled dudes can get Denver.

In United's contract 2003, the LCO (low cost operation) which is the 737 and 320 fleets: minimum of 10 days off in months with 30 days and 11 off in months with 31 days. They can also build the lines up to 95 hours. Work harder and get fewer days off. I guess we can thank the discount carriers for that.

I guess we can thank the discount carriers for that.

I'm sorry,you're wrong, I've worked both. At UAL I worked 18 days/mo. The most I've ever worked at SWA is 16. In April I was scheduled to work 12 with 18 days off. Unfortunately, I'll only be working 6 because of vacation.

Yep, its the discounters dragging this industry down. {insert evil laugh here}

I actually feel kinda sorry for you, having such a crappy, blame everyone else attitude for the next 20 or so years. Enjoy your career.

Last edited:
Slug,
Thanks for the sympathy. To be honest, at the discount airline I'm currently working for, I've had more days off than I did at UAL (being junior). But, the over all quality of life is worse. I fly twice as many hours with half the pay. Plus a bunch of other crappy little things. It sounds like your happy at SWA, but I don't think I could do the low cost thing for 20+ more years. I flew the 73 for 3 years at United, when I go back next month, I'll be seat locked in it for 3 more and it will be under the new "low cost" contract. 6 years, that should be plenty, I can't imagine 30 years, but that just me. Everyone wants different things from their airline career. I assume you are staying at SWA. Good luck to us both and take care.

level370 said:
In United's contract 2003, the LCO (low cost operation) which is the 737 and 320 fleets: minimum of 10 days off in months with 30 days and 11 off in months with 31 days. They can also build the lines up to 95 hours. Work harder and get fewer days off. I guess we can thank the discount carriers for that.

There is a new side letter out that apparently gives some relief to the LCO guys. I believe the number of days off is now equal to mainline.

Pat Fabin said:
Andy,

If they keep running the classes through the summer (they didn't last year) then maybe she'll get a letter in a month or two. She's inside of 100 now and very excited to go back.

-PF

Then there will just be one more empty kitchen out there. :laugh:

Hvy said:
There is a new side letter out that apparently gives some relief to the LCO guys. I believe the number of days off is now equal to mainline.

Yep, new LCO TA with minimum of 12 days off. See ALPA site for details. That should help a little bit. It's good to see improvements are being made to the contract mid-stream. Hopefully, things are moving in the right direction again.

Ia there any way to tell what aircraft assortmentwill be in each recall class?

I would bypass and would wait a few months to go back into an airbus-only class. Don't want the guppy.

Latest resources

Back