More recalls at UAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thanks D-Bo!

Crossing my fingers for the holidays rather than next year, but not holding my breath.:D

D-BO any idea how many more classes there will be this year or are they about done? I bypassed for QOL, but may need to jump back in.

Plunder Hound said:
D-BO any idea how many more classes there will be this year or are they about done? I bypassed for QOL, but may need to jump back in.

I think calsses will continue through the summer (my opinion only). I'd say you will see classes, smaller classes, in July and August with the class size going back up to 30 in September or October. I think they'll continue to have small classes during the summer not only because they'll still be short of LCO fo's but because they can't pair two Captains together in training. There will still be 320 and 300 upgrades going through TK through the summer. But I've been wrong before. Again, just my opinion.

Interesting point. I thought they may shut down in the fall and then start up again in Jan-Feb timeframe. It would be great if they continue to recall throughout the year.

Any UAL peeps who went to jetBlue thinking of going back to UAL since it looks like jetBlue may be going out of business soon?

My roomie, a furloughed UAL pilot, says it isn't looking good for jetBlue and many ex-United people there are going to take the second round, which is going to affect his recall.

Last edited:
jumppilot said:
Any UAL peeps who went to jetBlue thinking of going back to UAL since it looks like jetBlue may be going out of business soon?

My roomie, a furloughed UAL pilot, says it isn't looking good for jetBlue and many ex-United people there are going to take the second round, which is going to affect his recall.

I think I'll go back someday, but will bypass first. I like having a union fighting for my interests.

When UAL starts making money again you can bet that union officials will be in management's face demanding a better QOL (COLA, medical benefits, etc...).

GP

That's cause Jetblue has to start paying for all those nice new airbuses......any airline can make money if they dont have to pay for the planes for 10 years.....but now it's catchin up.

I'm glad I don't fly for an airline....i feel for all you guys and gals....

GuppyPuppy said:
I think I'll go back someday, but will bypass first. I like having a union fighting for my interests.

When UAL starts making money again you can bet that union officials will be in management's face demanding a better QOL (COLA, medical benefits, etc...).

GP

That's interesting how you put it. I have a feeling unions will be very important over the next 10-15 years as airlines start making money and they demand a better QOL.

jumppilot said:
That's interesting how you put it. I have a feeling unions will be very important over the next 10-15 years as airlines start making money and they demand a better QOL.

I'm glad to hear some left in our profession still believe this.. bravo!

Latest resources

Back