• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The difference at Flexjet is that they will continue to axe employees to maintain profit whereas other companies dip into the red so their employees may stay employed. I think Flexjet is the only company still making profit right now but at the expense of less pilots and longer duty days. In other words, Flexjet has NO morals; hence, FG on property. I think we are all starting to see the effects of this layoff out on the road. We are obviously short-handed right now in my opinion and this christmas is only going to be that much more fun. Man up Flexjet and call your employees back.

Fred's response, perhaps: "We are not short handed. We have plenty of pilots willing to take overtime days."

Don't do it!!!! I know things are tough with 14 days, but think of the guys who got laid off. And, don't do the "Captain for a day" thing, you're only hurting yourself. You are a Captain or you are a FO, we've been through this before and they'll do it as long as they can.

As soon as Flex needs captains, they will upgrade. When they need to recall, due to excessive charter, due to guys not taking overtime, they will recall.

Don't screw yourselves, and don't screw those who were laid off!!!!

You know what? This whole battle against overtime is utterly futile. It's so ingrained in the Flexjet mindset that if you speak out against it, guys look at you like you just admitted that you voted for Obama, or that you drive a Prius.

I just finished a rotation during which I flew with two different captains, both of them very senior, both of them addicted to seventeen-day lines and the commensurate paychecks because, like most pilots, they have no idea how to manage their finances and think the answer to all of life's problems is mo money. These guys were praying for OT. It's all they talked about.

Kind of sad.

Flyingdog and Dooker are both right: it would be better overall if they didn't take OT, but they still will continue to.

I'm hoping that business at least holds through early 2010, and maybe some recalls around this time next year. Wonder how many of the 85 will still be around?

how about the idiot that carry's crew food in a garbage bag for 6 days to take to his kids. Now talk about not controlling your finances

I'm hoping that business at least holds through early 2010, and maybe some recalls around this time next year. Wonder how many of the 85 will still be around?

I wonder how many of us will want to come back to what Mr. Greed is turning it into. I'm thinking it's quite possible that some who have gone onto "lesser" jobs will end up getting a better one than Flex before they even start recalling. Never thought I'd say this, but the longer it goes on, the more I'm hoping to fall into that category.

Not having been on property in over 6 months, just what is it he's turning it into?

If he is true to past form, he'll continue to take a little of this and a little of that away from the pilot group. You're already experiencing that, and I would be surprised if the trend doesn't continue. Couple that with the weakest pilot group in the fractionals and the "I got mine" mentality of the upper half of the seniority list and voila.

If things at FLOPS turn out respectable, and hopefully it will - Flex will be right back of the bottom of the pile. FG has a habit of doing that to the pilot group where ever he goes.

Yeah, I hear ya... and I don't disagree with you, as I'm familiar with his history. I guess I was trying to ask what, specifically, has been done to bring us down that path so far, since the furluoughs.

Latest resources

Back