• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More Furlough Rumblings at Flex

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
how about the idiot that carry's crew food in a garbage bag for 6 days to take to his kids. Now talk about not controlling your finances

Saw that guy once going to the hotel with a ton of bags and those fancy crew meal boxes were in the bags.
FO said he puts all the catering in them and takes it home.
funny funny
Bag Man

He's a weird dude. He builds a nest, literally, around his seat with newspapers and such. Spends no money on the road. He does however make interesting conversation, lots of strange ideas, so if you have a long leg the ensuing discussion will make it go by fast, although be prepared to back up your arguments with facts as he will have info downloaded from the internet.

On another note, working at Flex is still better than scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get by. I'd say it's still in the top 90% of places to work. I'd happily go back if nothing better presents itself in the next five years. F/O at Flex beats regional captain anyday.

I just saw on Airline Pilot Central that recall rights have been extended to five years? Can anyone verify this. I would have expected a notice from Company were it true, no?

FR stated in the most recent meeting that recalls are not limited to two years and that there is now no set limit. Call the office and ask...maybe they will put something in writing to back up his statement.

how about the idiot that carry's crew food in a garbage bag for 6 days to take to his kids. Now talk about not controlling your finances

You guys are so f___ked Up! How do you know he has poor skills managing his finances? Maybe he has large medical bills, supports his parents in a retirement home, ETC.. I applaud him on taking care of his family.

Sorry if it's a choice of losing your home because of lack of money due things beyond your control, you do what you need to do to survive. That includes OT! Don't assume it's poor money management.

You guys are so f___ked Up! How do you know he has poor skills managing his finances? Maybe he has large medical bills, supports his parents in a retirement home, ETC.. I applaud him on taking care of his family.

Sorry if it's a choice of losing your home because of lack of money due things beyond your control, you do what you need to do to survive. That includes OT! Don't assume it's poor money management.

Sorry, pal, but if you can't survive on fourteen days of Flexjet captain pay a month, it's time to take a good look around and start differentiating wants from needs.

There are people who do just fine with far, far less, and still manage to retire happily.

He's a weird dude. He builds a nest, literally, around his seat with newspapers and such. Spends no money on the road. He does however make interesting conversation, lots of strange ideas, so if you have a long leg the ensuing discussion will make it go by fast, although be prepared to back up your arguments with facts as he will have info downloaded from the internet.

On another note, working at Flex is still better than scraping the bottom of the barrel just to get by. I'd say it's still in the top 90% of places to work. I'd happily go back if nothing better presents itself in the next five years. F/O at Flex beats regional captain anyday.

The question for some of the furloughed people who have found a job is whether to go back to Flex if they ever do recall. The fractionals are shrinking and who knows if they will ever go back to previous levels. Being stuck at the bottom for years with such a furlough happy culture is no fun.

I figure flex will recall when growth happens. When that happens hopefully the industry as a whole is healthy and overall job movement is upward meaning upgrades. Who knows what will happen in five years; many major airline retirements, etc.

Because I have flown with this guy and he tells you his situation, THATS HOW I KNOW.

And I do agree if you can't survive on flex captain pay, sell the bmw.

Latest resources

Back