• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, and I've been flying my a$$ off the past year or two too, ...to make that clear.

I get about 3 crew meals a year. The only time I need it is if there isn't any food at the FBO and I'm on a 1 hour or less turn AND it's that way all day. Turns out most days have a turn of 1 hour plus somewhere in the day near the lunch hour. Most FBO's have crew cars I can use to get food and most FBO's have food near by. In a pinch I can always call ahead and have a pizza ordered when I call in range. The pizza and plane arrive around the same time. There is no need to cost the company 50K + a year to provide me with PB&J or Salmon Sandwiches. It's very rare I need to cater for myself and my crew.

How about Rudy's at TEB? What happened to that deal? Sounded great to me. Maybe it would be wise not to leave the airport grounds there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Oh, and I've been flying my a$$ off the past year or two too, ...to make that clear.

Sounds like you may be on the wrong fleet. Try to bid the Encore, Beechjet, or Hawker 800. If you are flying your arse off, you probably are tipping yourself well, which is a plus.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Your flying has slowed WAY down (except the holidays), so I think you can go get food while you sit around at a hotel most of the day...

If I sit at a hotel, food is on me. The whole point of catering the crew food is to get it to the airport where I can't get it myself.

... getting a crew car from the FBO while sitting around at that FBO and finding a pizza joint...

If I have the time, I do just that, although I'm partial to Thai rather than pizza.

...or go to your fridge while sitting at home during a home "tour" since there is not much flying available. How's that? Pretty accurate.

I haven't had a "home tour" in two years. So not real accurate, no.

Good attempt at spinning it, though. :rolleyes:

So what? I can't give examples of what I do, like pond crossings? Who made you forum police? You need to get over it. Am I kicking people when they are down when I discuss what may or may not happen? We went through similar downsizing, and I stated that in EACH of my posts. I recognize what is going on, since I have seen it firsthand, unlike many of you. You are upset about this, just like we were. Pouring salt in wounds would be laughing at a bad situation, and I have not done that. If you think me stating that salmon sandwiches may be gone is doing just that, then you need to grow a backbone. Stating the obvious, like downsizing, is an unfortunate truth in a lot of industries during this economy, and I do not make fun of that at all, and you know it.

And it is great in YOUR OPINION that I am a poor respresentative of a pilot?? I am not trying to represent any airline, just giving my opinion, which is valid. If you think otherwise, debate the facts, and try to avoid personal attacks. When you cannot, it shows your own true colors. And this board allows you to IGNORE anyone you like. Please feel free to put me on your list, because that might make you feel better.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You read few newspaper articles, then pass off what you've read as your own ideas.
Just about all the tripe you've posted can be traced back to news releases.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Kicking people when they're down (downturn in business, impending furloughs), then pouring salt in their wounds.
Poor representative of a pilot and a person.

Way to dodge the question, once again. :rolleyes:

Ah, I see you've edited your post to add the second paragraph, so I'll do the same:

And yet you still haven't answered my question! If my company "cuts" catered meals, how am I going to eat? I can't brown bag it from home. It's not a perk, it's a necessity of the operation. I'd much rather go to a restaurant, but there isn't time.

I don't get paid extra. If I tip a line guy for something, I expense it. If I do it myself, I don't. Pretty simple. Most of the above tasks are things I can't do myself, such as emptying lavs, brewing coffee, taking care of passenger cars, and so forth.

Still waiting on your answer on the catering.

That is such BS. You make extra money tipping yourself. I have friends there, and they explained it to me. If you don't tip yourself a "car payment" per tour, then "you are not doing it right" is how they explained it. That is crazy, but FANTASTIC. I don't think WB likes that, though...

And I don't think you should empty lavs, brew coffee, or park cars. But, you know as well as I do that you tip yourself for other things that should be a part of the job. Do FLOPS guys or FLEX guys do that? Answer the question. Guess what? Downsizing takes away a lot of "extras" that were great to have. We have seen a lot of that in the airlines.

Bye Bye---General Lee

If you don't tip yourself a "car payment" per tour, then "you are not doing it right" is how they explained it. That is crazy, but FANTASTIC.

And also a thing of the past, or so I hear -- it certainly hasn't been the case since I got here. Sounds fantastic indeed -- wish it were true. I just had a report kicked back because I tipped a taxi driver 80 cents beyond what we're allowed. Believe me, they audit our expense reports very thoroughly, and they'd certainly spot someone making a "car payment per tour."

And I don't think you should empty lavs, brew coffee, or park cars. But, you know as well as I do that you tip yourself for other things that should be a part of the job. Do FLOPS guys or FLEX guys do that? Answer the question.

I can't speak for FlightOptions or FlexJet. I can only speak for myself, and I already answered that question: I don't expense tips I don't actually give to someone for a service rendered. Maybe your friends do, but I don't, as I said in my earlier message.

You read few newspaper articles, then pass off what you've read as your own ideas.
Just about all the tripe you've posted can be traced back to news releases.
You have no idea what you're talking about.
Kicking people when they're down (downturn in business, impending furloughs), then pouring salt in their wounds.
Poor representative of a pilot and a person.

Wow, your industry is sooooo secretive??? Hello, I have good friends that fly there. We talk a lot about the perks, and I always thought that they were FANTASTIC. Now you are going through a rough spot, and your new CEO wants to cut back. It has happened in many other industries, and you are not special in that regard. It will happen again, at the airlines, at the fracs, and at other industries. If you think me saying that is "pouring salt in wounds", then you need to wake up and see that it is happening all around you. And thanks for making me a representative of "all pilots" or a certain airline----that is YOU doing it, not me. I am free to give my opinion.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
And also a thing of the past, or so I hear -- it certainly hasn't been the case since I got here. Sounds fantastic indeed -- wish it were true. I just had a report kicked back because I tipped a taxi driver 80 cents beyond what we're allowed. Believe me, they audit our expense reports very thoroughly, and they'd certainly spot someone making a "car payment per tour."

I can't speak for FlightOptions or FlexJet. I can only speak for myself, and I already answered that question: I don't expense tips I don't actually give to someone for a service rendered. Maybe your friends do, but I don't, as I said in my earlier message.

Sounds like you are an "honest" guy, and that is good. Not everyone is like that, and plenty take advantage of situations. Not everyone is afforded that opportunity, and when businesses are hurting, those perks tend to go away quickly. Again, I have seen downsizing, and it is not fun at all.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Latest resources

Back