• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More cuts coming at Netjets????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
But did you get a picture of said sandwiches? If you didn't get the picture it isn't as good as what he has because he has a picture. We need pictures people.

My partner had the salmon salad yesterday. He said it was pretty tasty. I went for the regional hamburger lunch. Dang tasty.

Corporal Lee is at it again. I take a look in here about once a year and leave when I am sickened by Lee's commentary. This jerk is threatened by anybody and everybody in the sky. Two years ago it was the regional pilots, one year ago it was the NW pilots and now it is the frac pilots. He was hired with Delta when the standards standards were lower....his employer missed the "signs." He has contempt for any rival and is soul-less. He will self destruct one day.

No I won't. I give opinions that some people do not like. I enjoy this whole industry, and we are free on here to comment about any part of it. If you can debate what I say, then go for it. If you can't, and you know I am right, then step away from your computer. Here you try to attack me personally, when you can't even prove me wrong about the downward trending fractional industry. Netjets is currently being gutted by a new CEO that sees excess. That is unfortunate for the pilots, since the prior CEO was very pro-pilot. This might be the first time ever Netjets has been the target of downsizing, and that is not sitting well with NJA or NJI pilots on this board. Well, that isn't my fault. I am not wishing anyone harm or a job loss, but rather pointing out an unfortunate truth through debate. Again, I am not making light of this situation at all. Those famous salmon sandwiches that we would all like to eat may be on the way out in the form of cost cutting. Sad but true.

It's great you blame an employer for "missing the signs" when it looks like many "missed the signs" of their own failing industry. Guess what sport, the whole industry is unstable, and people who thought otherwise a couple years ago are unfortunately feeling those affects now.

And wait a second, you are retired and trying to slam me about being right? Corporal Lee? Look who looks childish now. You can't debate me, so you resort to name calling. Maybe you need to retire again, from this board.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Last edited:
No I won't. I give opinions that some people do not like. I enjoy this whole industry, and we are free on here to comment about any part of it. If you can debate what I say, then go for it. If you can't, and you know I am right, then step away from your computer. Here you try to attack me personally, when you can't even prove me wrong about your downward trending fractional industry. Netjets is currently being gutted by a new CEO that sees excess. That is unfortunate for the pilots, since the prior CEO was very pro-pilot. This might be the first time ever Netjets has been the target or downsizing, and that is not sitting well with NJA or NJI pilots on this board. Well, that isn't my fault. I am not wishing anyone harm or a job loss, but rather pointing out an unfortunate truth.

It's great you blame an employer for "missing the signs" when it looks like you "missed the signs" of your own falling industry. Guess what sport, the whole industry is unstable, and people who thought otherwise a couple years ago are unfortunately feeling those affects now. Attack all you want, it only shows your nervousness in your own situation. Good luck to you.

Bye Bye--General Lee

LMAO!
Bragging about jumping jacks on your "flight deck", demeaning flight attendants, and telling all of us about your intercontinental adventures on the fractional board is not debate.
I haven't seen many folks on the major boards picking fights or kicking folks when they're down.
Folks are getting furloughed and you appear compelled to either pour salt in people's wounds or pontificate because you read a few newspaper articles.
IMO you are a poor representative of a pilot.
I feel sorry for the folks that have to listen your :puke:eek:n your magical pond crossings.

Last edited:
LMAO!
Bragging about jumping jacks on your "flight deck", demeaning flight attendants, and telling all of us about your intercontinental adventures on the fractional board is not debate.
I haven't seen many folks on the major boards picking fights or kicking folks when they're down.
Folks are getting furloughed and you appear compelled to either pour salt in people's wounds or pontificate because you read a few newspaper articles.
IMO you are a poor representative of a pilot.
I feel sorry for the folks that have to listen your :puke:eek:n your magical pond crossings.

So what? I can't give examples of what I do, like pond crossings? Who made you forum police? You need to get over it. Am I kicking people when they are down when I discuss what may or may not happen? We went through similar downsizing, and I stated that in EACH of my posts. I recognize what is going on, since I have seen it firsthand, unlike many of you. You are upset about this, just like we were. Pouring salt in wounds would be laughing at a bad situation, and I have not done that. If you think me stating that salmon sandwiches may be gone is doing just that, then you need to grow a backbone. Stating the obvious, like downsizing, is an unfortunate truth in a lot of industries during this economy, and I do not make fun of that at all, and you know it.

And it is great in YOUR OPINION that I am a poor respresentative of a pilot?? I am not trying to represent any airline, just giving my opinion, which is valid. If you think otherwise, debate the facts, and try to avoid personal attacks. When you cannot, it shows your own true colors. And this board allows you to IGNORE anyone you like. Please feel free to put me on your list, because that might make you feel better.

Bye Bye---General Lee

... the prior CEO was very pro-pilot.

And that right there is how we know that you don't know what you're talking about with respect to NetJets. Anyone who believes RTS was "pro-pilot" truly doesn't understand our company or our departed CEO.

Those famous salmon sandwiches that we would all like to eat may be on the way out in the form of cost cutting. Sad but true.

I addressed this earlier, and you conveniently ignored it. Whether a caterer sends us Salmon or PB&J, the cost is substantially the same. It's the delivery cost that makes up the bulk of our meal costs, and that isn't going to change.

What are the alternatives? Since it's clear you haven't been in an FBO recently, or ever, I'll spell it out. There are three ways for us to get food in our job:

• Have it catered, as we do now.
  • Go out and get it, and delay one of our share owners' flights.
  • Go to the food court -- oh, wait, there isn't one.
Which of the first two options makes the most sense to you?

And that right there is how we know that you don't know what you're talking about with respect to NetJets. Anyone who believes RTS was "pro-pilot" truly doesn't understand our company or our departed CEO.

I addressed this earlier, and you conveniently ignored it. Whether a caterer sends us Salmon or PB&J, the cost is substantially the same. It's the delivery cost that makes up the bulk of our meal costs, and that isn't going to change.

What are the alternatives? Since it's clear you haven't been in an FBO recently, or ever, I'll spell it out. There are three ways for us to get food in our job:

• Have it catered, as we do now.
  • Go out and get it, and delay one of our share owners' flights.
  • Go to the food court -- oh, wait, there isn't one.
Which of the first two options makes the most sense to you?

Who came up with the 300 pilots retire with 3 years full pay and retirement scheme? That is one HUGE mistake in the eyes of WB, and could be one reason Santulli left, leading the way for your current CEO with cost cutting ideas. It sounded like a great idea, to the pilots, just not anyone else in any industry. NJA or NJI never furloughed before, which again is GREAT for pilots, but not something that happens in any other industry. WB could see that, and someone had to go. That is too bad.

And now that you have brought up how you get catered, can you bring up how you get paid extra to: get papers, clean the toilet, take bags out of your plane, etc? You normally can tip the FBO guys, but if you do it yourself, then you tip yourself. Sounds GREAT, except WB probably thinks that is ridiculous, and I bet the new CEO does too. Do you tip yourself for walkarounds? Maybe I should do that too. Do FLOPS or Flex guys do that too? I know you have to tip a lot of line guys to get things done for your pax, but tipping yourself for getting papers or cleaning with a vaccum just seems "interesting." Hey, I wish we had that at the airlines!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Way to dodge the question, once again. :rolleyes:

Ah, I see you've edited your post to add the second paragraph, so I'll do the same:

And now that you have brought up how you get catered...

And yet you still haven't answered my question! If my company "cuts" catered meals, how am I going to eat? I can't brown bag it from home. It's not a perk, it's a necessity of the operation. I'd much rather go to a restaurant, but there isn't time.

... can you bring up how you get paid extra to: get papers, clean the toilet, take bags out of your plane, etc?

I don't get paid extra. If I tip a line guy for something, I expense it. If I do it myself, I don't. Pretty simple. Most of the above tasks are things I can't do myself, such as emptying lavs, brewing coffee, taking care of passenger cars, and so forth.

Still waiting on your answer on the catering.

Last edited:
Way to dodge the question, once again. :rolleyes:

Your flying has slowed WAY down (except the holidays), so I think you can go get food while you sit around at a hotel most of the day, getting a crew car from the FBO while sitting around at that FBO and finding a pizza joint, or go to your fridge while sitting at home during a home "tour" since there is not much flying available. How's that? Pretty accurate. You have plenty of time now compared to what you used to have during your very busy tours of the past. You know I am right, I hear it from my friends over there.

Bye Bye--General Lee

I get about 3 crew meals a year. The only time I need it is if there isn't any food at the FBO and I'm on a 1 hour or less turn AND it's that way all day. Turns out most days have a turn of 1 hour plus somewhere in the day near the lunch hour. Most FBO's have crew cars I can use to get food and most FBO's have food near by. In a pinch I can always call ahead and have a pizza ordered when I call in range. The pizza and plane arrive around the same time. There is no need to cost the company 50K + a year to provide me with PB&J or Salmon Sandwiches. It's very rare I need to cater for myself and my crew.

Latest resources

Back