More changes at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Publishers said:
Let her vent whatever she thinks...... I cannot imagine why her husband would not want his identitiy known so people can send the sympathy cards. All these poor six figures oppressed workers..... right
At least there are people wanting to know her identity. Nobody gives a crap who you are ;)

Most NJA pilots know who she (and her husband) are and I'm willing to bet that a very large majority greatly appreciate their voluntary contribution. I know I do! Doesn't mean I agree with every word she types but her heart is always in the right place!

I have extended my support and encouragement to other frac pilots and their families. They deserve the same contract the NJA pilots have. FOs at NJ still are not paid fairly and make far less than a six figure salary. I have no doubt that many underpaid/overworked pilots in the frac industry, and the regional, for that matter, do feel oppressed. If they don't share your penchant for drama, they may only think of themselves as being exploited. Far too many think of that six figure salary as a dream rather than an eventuality. That needs to change and I support all pilots who are working to make that goal a reality.

Thanks, Majik!

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
I have extended my support and encouragement to other frac pilots and their families. They deserve the same contract the NJA pilots have. FOs at NJ still are not paid fairly and make far less than a six figure salary. I have no doubt that many underpaid/overworked pilots in the frac industry, and the regional, for that matter, do feel oppressed. If they don't share your penchant for drama, they may only think of themselves as being exploited. Far too many think of that six figure salary as a dream rather than an eventuality. That needs to change and I support all pilots who are working to make that goal a reality.

Thanks, Majik!

100,000 for an FO? Your crazy. You should kill yourself.

About time.

netjetwife said:
I don't have any idea, but .....

Its about time you ADMITTED that, NJW. Something we all have known for quite some time now...read <CLUELESS>!

Hang in there Avantair people. Change is good.

Last edited:
netjetwife said:
If you will notice, P180 mentioned me in his post. That gives me the right to respond. More importantly, some of the Avantair pilots have expressed interest in forming a union. I have received PMs from a pilot in that group. They share the same situation faced by other frac pilots--being underpaid/overworked without QOL benefits normally accorded to professionals. The Avantair pilots are deserving of my support and encouragement, and I will offer it to them in this forum. Courage of conviction is an admirable quality that elicits respect from others. I will not be surprised if they take their place in line behind other frac companies seeking to join 1108. I will cheer on every frac pilot that decides to stand up for his/her self. They appreciate my support and tell me that frequently in PMs. If you don't want to read my posts, feel free to place me on your ignore list. My posts are intended for those who seek to improve the situation rather than give in to corporate greed.

Who the HEII are YOU? We like ourselves, dont we?

Stop trying to poison the tide...you know, the one that lifts all boats. Listen, Pilots are not a helpless bunch of wilting flowers. They can help themselves. They dont need NetJetMommy to hold their hands and give them encouragement by leaving notes in their lunchbox or email inbox.

You have built yourself up to sainthood by your own words. I join the many on this forum who would like to turbo ignore you, but like a bad wart you keep popping up.

Last edited:
Obviously, I need to clarify my post for you P91101. No where did I say that FOs should make 100K. I don't doubt that many of them have the experience that should command that salary, but I do recognize the present limitations of the aviation industry. The eventuality refers to the fact that a NJ FO can plan to upgrade and make 106K flying the reserve schedule starting at year 5 Capt's pay. That is a career with a future that I think should be available to other frac pilots. I think industry standards are only that when they apply to all other pilots doing the same job, allowing for minor differences that don't result in major pay discrepancies.

I do wish that some of you would think beyond yourselves when you post. The only valid point you had, was to question the meaning of my post. The rest of it was completely beyond the bounds of normal decency. I will have to remember, when I finish the investigation that I'm working on, that I should explain the connection of your thoughtless (or was it?) remark. Suffice is to say that the last person to make that suggestion to me is no longer saying that I'm the crazy one. Truth has a way of coming out, just like the ugliness of a person's character.

The tide has turned for my family and justice now looks possible. To the Flt Ops pilots and their families, your goal is within reach, as well. I, too, have spent the year fighting. I know the idea of a break is very tempting, but it's time to catch that second wind and keep going. My good news came on the same day as yours. I'm hoping that we will all get to have the last laugh together.
NJW

SC, if you will show the Avantair pilots the same support and encouragement that I have, I will gladly edit my post to read "our" instead of "my". I didn't think I had the right to speak for the rest of you when it comes to expressing your admiration for those pilots that are fighting to improve the career outlook in the fractional industry. However, if any of the rest of you would like to be included in that post just let me know.

No where did I say that FOs should make 100K.

Oh, you're right about that. You merely stated that not getting paid a six figure salary as an F/O is being paid unfairly. My nose is still burning from blowing root beer out my nostril when I read that. Cute.

FOs at NJ still are not paid fairly and make far less than a six figure salary.

I don't know w(h)eather the statements made by various posters in this thread are genuine or not, but I do know the thread was never created to center on netjet wife, nor was it a union thread. Netjet wife ensured that this changed and became both about her, and her mighty union struggle. Just as she has in just about every thread that starts, here. A regular modern Joan of Arc, or perhaps just Joan the Arc, or perhaps just arc for short.

A very short arc, because no matter what the thread content, I've noticed that somehow netjet wife enters in, and it becomes both a union issue, and all about netjet wife.

NJW...take a look around, while you're scraping all those boats for barnacles as they rise. I'm far from the only one that notices this...it's always all about you, and the cause you throw in everybodies face.

With regard to this thread; I see that mention of a rumor was made, the circumstance of the rumor was denied, and no effort further has been made to defend the rumor...which suggests that the rumor is false. Who tendered what, and the agenda of each, remains somewhat ambiguous. Some may be union plants, others may be angry employees, clearly some are management...but the only one who has a clear agenda, her own, is you, NJW.

These words fall like wastewater on you, but give it a rest. You deserve it. A long rest. You really do.

piaggiop180 said:
I have not posted on here in a long time but this link was sent to me by another pilot because the DO is one of my closest friends. This is totally false and he is not leaving. I just got off the phone with him and he is pissed that someone posted this. He says he will do everything in his power to find out who angryoneincher is for posting this crap. He also said the new shareholder who is referred to loves this Company and is amazed by its growth.

Please leave our Company angryoneincher there is no room for you here. I just checked your posts and you do nothing but bitch and moan. Are you married to netjetwife? Lets all pray that the DO finds out who he is and he gets what he deserves for posting this crap. There is nothing worse than misinformation.

I have a few things to say, piaggiop180

1. If you would learn to read you would notice I didnt post anything as fact. I merely just asked a question because of a rumor that was going around. I heard it from quite a few people so I thought maybe someone on here could clarify. I'll take your response under advisement. However, SOMETHING did go down where he was thinking of leaving. That much is true. The reason for a forum like this is for people to discuss things. If a rumor or story is not true it will work itself out. If management in this company was ever honest about anything when it happened or why it happened maybe forums like this wouldn't be necessary. Forums like this exist because people can ask questions or discuss things without revealing identity. That may be a cop-out of sorts, but unfortunately in an industry as shitty as aviation has turned out to be, where people can be disciplined or even fired for having an opinion, these forums become an outlet where things can be talked about somewhat freely.
2. As far as my posts, I agree that many of them in the past had a negative tone. However, my posts mirrored the sentiments of many of the pilots and the climate of things in the company. If you'll research the timetable of my posts, you will notice that I havent posted much lately. Let me say that some things have improved and I'm happy about that. However, I am only cautiously optimistic BECAUSE changes in this company so far have only come about when management feels they have no choice. You are naive if you think change would have come about if certain people wouldnt have made significant noise. And you will notice that a few pilots are no longer with us because they were accused of certain things. Interesting that the issues being looked at now, like pay, QOL, etc., are now being addressed when a few short months ago these same issues supposedly held no validity when they were raised by certain folks. In summary, the money going into your pocket that wasnt there three months ago is because the company realizes its in THEIR best interest long-term, not because they care YOU, if you are in fact who you say you are. If you are management, then this is a waste of time. If you are not management, then your motives are suspect, as is the amount of time you've spent on your knees in the last two years.
3. As far as the D.O. finding out who I am, I can only hope he does, and I hope if he does he'll call me and I'd be happy to buy him a beer. I have nothing against him. This isnt about him. I just asked if he was quitting. I would hope, however, that he has better things to do than try to uncover such an insignificant thing as my identity. If he has such "power", which is your quote, I can assure you that it would be put to better use, such as representing the pilots, which is part of his job description, or at least should be.
WHY IS THAT MY HANDS ARE SHAKING SO BAD, AND I'M LOSING SLEEP BECAUSE OF ALL THE THINGS THAT THE POWERFUL D.O. CAN DO TO ME.

piaggiop180, hopefully I've made myself clear. Next time I'm in PIE, which is where I suspect you spend alot of time, I'd be happy to even buy you a beer, because I think you're probably alright- just a little confused and misguided.

angryoneincher said:
Word is that our D.O. quit yesterday. Rumor has it that our new investor is already tired of this outfit and is pulling out. Anybody else hear this?

Dear Mr. One Incher,

First, let me say I find your honesty about your "one incher" refreshing. Honesty, especially about the size of your appendages, is something not found throughout avantair's staff.

Second. The DO rumor is not accurate, but it's mildly warm. ;).

Regards!

PiaggioP180: I think you need a new pair of knee pads because the current ones are beyond worn out.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back