• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

More changes at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone care to give more details of what happened with 136? This is the first I've heard about the situation. PM me if you'd like.

Thanks,

Dilligaff

Corona,

I never said I flew that unairworthy aircraft. I will be more than happy to write you a letter of recommendation if you wish to join avantair. I'd love to here your "carefully chosen words" then. Seeing is believing.

Last edited:
The sad fact is that pilots with families are even more vulnerable to arm twisting. When you have others besides yourself to think of, it tends to make you choke back some of the choice words you'd like to use. I think it's much better to have written protection to fall back on when things get worrisome. A contract that spells out the work rules can go far towards relieving some of the stress. I sincerely hope that the changes taking place bring improvements with them.
Good Luck!
NJW

Netjetwife shouldn't you be concerned about Netjets and the statements made by the Chairmen. Do you understand the seriousness of going deep into the red. This does not make shareholders happy. The writing is on the wall. Here is the formula

PROFITABLE COMPANY + TEAMSTERS = BANKRUPT COMPANY

We at avantair thankyou because you singlehandedly kept us from joining the teamsters. When we talked about it someone would say netjetwife and that was the end of the conversation.

QUESTIONS:

1. Why are the dues so high (1.8 percent of your salary)
2. Where does the 2 million plus a year collected from the netjets pilots go. Maybe you could contribute some of it to Netjets so that they wont dip so deep into the red.

No, I'm not at all worried about the company's coffers. They're doing fine. Companies that are broke don't expand, they trim back. That's not happening. Companies that are in financial difficulty stop hiring. Classes are full, so that answers that. If my common sense weren't enough to reassure me, I'd just recall those infamous words uttered by BB at the bargaining table. The gist was that the company had lots of money to fight the pilots. Furthermore, they continue to waste lots of dollars that a worried company would be clutching tightly. Sooo, after pausing to consider your question, the answer is still a resounding No.

Apparently you and your cronies don't talk to the pilots that PM me. They say something else entirely. I do hope you realize that many wouldn't have dignified that with an answer, but I believe in giving credit to the fine pilots that PM me.

1) The dues are less than many other pilots pay for representation. The pilots have gotten back far more than they paid in and consider the union a great deal. You'd be very hard pressed to find an 1108 pilot willing to give up their Local.

2) Some goes to the National--a very reasonable amount, I'm told. I'd assume the old saying that "it takes money to make money" could apply to the contract battle. I know that various committees have been started and were required to turn in a business plan. My following closely doesn't extend to a dollar figure--sorry. Let's see, a Pilot Mutual Aid Fund has been planned, they have an office, a secretary, phones...usual overhead associated with running a business. As to your last suggestion, send them hat in hand to the NJI pilots who have been paid more for years. If they still need more money, have them arrange for a discount at Flight Safety which BH also owns. The NJA pilots and their families have had the business built on their backs. If you're going to dance, eventually you gotta pay the piper.

let me understand this. are you saying they didnt loose money.
2 million for a secretary phones and a mutual aid fund. who is cooking the books. why don't you post their annual budget?

Netjetwife, a little friendly advice until you get your facts straight about BH and their holdings. Until then don't type just read, lots of reading!

Torch, tell me, please, are all of the posters here required to be experts in the subject matter they discuss or is that special requirement for me alone? :rolleyes:

P180, you're making a habit of skipping details, I notice. You rather conveniently shortened my list, didn't you? 1108 has an office. I suggest that those with questions contact the Local. I have heard no complaints from the pilots regarding their local and the expenditure of their dues. If they are not concerned with a matter that directly affects them, why would an outsider express such unwarranted interest? That seems strange to me.

piaggiop180 said:
We at avantair thankyou because you singlehandedly kept us from joining the teamsters.

pig180,
You mention WE and US at Avantair. I sent in my card. Don't speak for the group you idiot.
WP

And another fine aviator from Avantair speaks out....:D

Latest resources

Back