More changes at Avantair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
piaggiop180 said:
I will say it again this is the best aviation job I have ever had. I helped get the company where it is. I am going into my third year and an IOE captain in year 3 earns more than you can at any other fractional in year 3. In fact I would still be an FO. I don't know why these posts are started. I am hopeful it is not union plants that spread this stuff. Hopefully I set the record straight. If anyone wants to get the truth call the DO yourself.

Since you "set the record straight", what says you now?
These posts are started because in many cases, it's the only way to know what's REALLY happening here. As a matter of fact, I've gotten more factual information about avantair from here than I EVER have from management.....oh wait, you ARE management. Makes sense now.

ilikecheese said:
The director of operations has resigned.

From what i hear at CDW, he stormed out. some new guy,an older man, lock PT out of his own office. CDW says the old guy is some new president in the company.

Last edited:
I just got the word from cdw today. I hadn't heard anything about the new "old guy. Guess we will just have to wait for some official notice as to who is taking over. Not even going to try and speculate.

dont need to speculate. Assistant CP, CM, took the job.

Last edited:
Imagine me dusting off my western garb...;) That was faster than I thought it might show up. Oh yes, I had my ear to the ground. I agree about getting good info here. My pilot friend that kept me advised was right on target. Figures that something involving the FAA would set off some ground tremors (changes). I guess we'll all stay tuned for the rest of the story...:eek: In the meantime, I'm gonna go check my mailbox. My best to all the Avantair pilots and their families during these uncertain times.
Hang in there!
NJW

Last edited:
I was fowarded an email that PT sent out to the Scheduling department regarding the Do's departure.

Here is part of the email, it does not say much,

This email is to update you all on the events of today. I regretfully anounce
that today Joe Murphy our Director of Operations has decided to resign from his position with Avantair. Joe made this decision based on his own personal
reasons. Joe will be missed by us all. Curt Miller has taken over this position
for the time being.

indefinitehold said:
I was fowarded an email that PT sent out to the Scheduling department regarding the Do's departure.

Here is part of the email, it does not say much,

This email is to update you all on the events of today. I regretfully anounce
that today Joe Murphy our Director of Operations has decided to resign from his position with Avantair. Joe made this decision based on his own personal
reasons. Joe will be missed by us all. Curt Miller has taken over this position
for the time being.

Mr. PT will not be around much longer either. Too bad he doesn't know that.

On second thought... him not knowing is kinda fun to watch. (I am an evil bastard! :pimp: )

That is too funny. His people in the Scheduling Center have been telling him to get out for some time now. They are all confused by his actions, and especially his propagandy email to the troops. We thought that he would have woke up after the DO bailed.

hear is the rest of the memo:

On a good note I want you all to know that I am staying with Avantair and will
do whatever it is that I have to do to keep this department running and to keep
all of you with me until we move. As you all know the move date has been set.
This move date may or may not be reality and I will be in a meeting to discuss
this in Florida on Thursday. I promise you all that when I get back I will have
all of the answers that you need on this situation and others as well. I ask all
of you to please bare with me on this. I know that there are many rumors going
around and I ask all of you to also ask me about anything that you may hear
before you go and speak about any situations that you may question. I will do my
best not to let any of you down.

Any questions at all please call me any time.

I thank you all for your hard work and understanding.

netjetwife said:
My pilot friend that kept me advised was right on target. that something involving the FAA would set of some ground tremors (changes). I guess we'll all stay tuned for the rest of the story...:eek:

do you know something we don't?

indefinitehold said:
That is too funny. His people in the Scheduling Center have been telling him to get out for some time now. They are all confused by his actions, and especially his propagandy email to the troops. We thought that he would have woke up after the DO bailed.

hear is the rest of the memo:

On a good note I want you all to know that I am staying with Avantair and will
do whatever it is that I have to do to keep this department running and to keep
all of you with me until we move. As you all know the move date has been set.
This move date may or may not be reality and I will be in a meeting to discuss
this in Florida on Thursday. I promise you all that when I get back I will have
all of the answers that you need on this situation and others as well. I ask all
of you to please bare with me on this. I know that there are many rumors going
around and I ask all of you to also ask me about anything that you may hear
before you go and speak about any situations that you may question. I will do my
best not to let any of you down.

Any questions at all please call me any time.

I thank you all for your hard work and understanding.

Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah! Blah! Blah blah! Blah blah blah blah. I am PT! Check out my cool blackberry! Blah blah. Blah blah blah blah blah! Blah! Blah blah! Blah blah blah blah. You're fired! Blah blah blah! I always take care of my people (except when I'm talking about them behing their backs). Blah Blah. Look my my blackberry! Blah blah!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back