more ACA furloughs

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Humty72

50 more to be furloughed in addition to 96 already on the street.

Starting in Nov. - Jan. ..

crud.:eek:

50 more at ACA

Humpty72

T.O. Hey whats happening! :0( This sucks! I know that a lot of my friends have been waiting and wondering if they were going to get furloughed. I guess the rumor is now a reality! So are all of those guys and gals from that big flight school in AZ going to get put on the street. If so I wonder how many will make their way back out there.
Best of luck to everyone at ACA but especially to those who are going to be furloughed. I feel terrible for all those that I know that could be out of a job soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no idea what I'd be doing if that happened to me. There are so few jobs out there right now!

:confused:

I empathize and sympathyze with those about to be furloughed.......In the past few years we've seen what used to be considered the "primo" regionals become the least desirable to work for..............

Best of luck to you all..........

That really is sad. I wonder what the final plans are with United? Are they going to split or not? Would there be more furloughs if they have to give up the FRJs? Good luck to all.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes:

General.......I really try and refrain from making any comments about anyone's post. But it seems sometimes you can't resist throwing a little quick jab when you try and play the good guy. I am also sad to hear of the the F's and really hope things can be transformed to make ACA another top player in the Low Cost world. Do you really have to ask if more F's will take place if the FRJ's go........think really really hard and maybe you can come up with an answer. I really hope ACA and Delta works something out that shuts all of you guys up about "we're going to get them!!!!!!!!!" It's really sicking. And I know wht your da.mn contract says.........when's the last time a contract was written in stone. I know all of us at Air Wis can answer the question for you if you really think things can't be changed.......flame away, I'm bored. AD

Avro,

Thank you for your animated response. AS far as being sad about the furloughs, unless you have been in Iceland for the last year or so, you would know that I do fight for our furloughs at Delta, and it would make sense that I probably feel the same way about other airlines. I wouldn't wish a furlough on anyone. As far as little "jabs"---I really don't know what will happen with ACA and the FRJs--and I was asking about the progress in that situation. I hope nobody loses their job, and I really was asking about the ACA/UAL relationship--since I haven't heard much lately. If you do get bored and the weather is nice, I suggest doing what I do when I am at home---ride a bike 3-4 miles, and then work out for 1 hour--with free weights---it feels great. Good luck.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

A whole lot of folks around here at ACA have been living in a dream world. The "no more furloughs" thing was rediculous, but even more absurd was the extent to which this pilot group bought it. I guess people just need to cling to whatever good news they can wrap the hopes around. Not trying to be fatalistic here...just get ready for a bloodbath. Do the math (including the loss of the FRJ...and Delta has EVERY RIGHT to get rid of us), and it becomes fairly obvious that more furloughs will be necesary. And that"s all predicated on ACA's continued success as an independant carrier.

Sharks circling kids.

Speaking as one who is in that most unfortunate 50 I can say only one thing -

Just remeber that it won't be on the backs of our employees (also no more pay cuts).

general,

no news here on the UAL front, but there is no deal, united has already started taking some overnights from us and is moving skywest into ord starting in oct. for some limited flying. the company's statements have indicated that unless united wants to give us our original deal with increases yearly and all that other stuff the original contract entailed then we are out.

but the new rumor is that the dojet guys will have the option of going with the planes to comair or being let go. (obviously not endorsing, just repeating)

on another note congratulations on the DAL recalls.

Latest resources

Back