Monterey, CA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
semperfido said:
dropped a small fortune in Nevada Bobs and other golf shops in that area as well. Take the "17 mile Drive" down to pebble beach, past spyglass, spanish bay and cypress point (one of the most exclusive GC in the states). enjoy!

http://www.ncga.org/monterey.htm

the monterey peninsula is without a doubt one of the best places you can layover as a corp pilot.:D

operational info, fog/scud is a normal morn occurence in the morn and will burn off.

I love Monterey. I couldnt agree more its a great layover spot..

wish I had the opportunity and the bucks to live there.

definitely eat at the fish wife good food better prices,if your nice to the girls at the counter they will give you their dukes card wich will get you huge discounts on golf, you can play delmonte pretty cheap and it is actually one of the property courses of pebble, close to the airport and quite challenging. also you can allways get passes to the aquarium,dont forget 17 mile drive

RoyBoy said:
definitely eat at the fish wife good food better prices,if your nice to the girls at the counter they will give you their dukes card wich will get you huge discounts on golf, you can play delmonte pretty cheap and it is actually one of the property courses of pebble, close to the airport and quite challenging. also you can allways get passes to the aquarium,dont forget 17 mile drive

that delmonte course is nice, i forgot about it- also,
i think it has the distinction of being the oldest golf course west of the mississippi.:)

Better yet, I've you've got a military ID or are a CAP member, check into going for a flight in the T-34 at the Navy's Aero Club. Way cheaper than a round of golf at the expensive links.

If you stay at the Monterey Marriott, try the Montrio Bistro for dinner. It's situated a half block up Calle Principal from the Marriott in an old 1910 Firehouse. The Concierge (who may be related to someone who works at the Bistro) told me the restaurant had been voted best in Monterey four times. Anyway, it's has a good menu, a wine list of principally California wines and is reasonable.

I recently ate there. I had a Grey Goose Gibson, shared a cockles and mussels appetizer skillet with the flight attendant, had a sort of Florentine Halibut filet served on spinach and rissoto with grilled asparagus, and an unassuming Sauvignan Blanc, while she had a great cappellini, all for $89.00 with a 15% tip.

GV

Really, 15% is cheap, am I the only one still tipping 5%? I just tell them I am a United airlines pilot. If you wear your eppaulets you can get away without tipping at all.

Grey Goose? I just can't do the French thing. Kettle One or Stolli does the trick for me

GVFlyer said:
I recently ate there. I had a Grey Goose Gibson, shared a cockles and mussels appetizer skillet with the flight attendant, had a sort of Florentine Halibut filet served on spinach and rissoto with grilled asparagus, and an unassuming Sauvignan Blanc, while she had a great cappellini, all for $89.00 with a 15% tip.
Good grief... are you one of those guys that sips tea with your pinky extended?:D

GVFlyer said:

GV

the "Galloping Gormet" of the sky :)

google if unfamiliar

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back