Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Golf

Cheap golf in Monterrey!!

Try Pebble Beach, or if $300+ is not in your budget try Rancho Canada it is about $60 and a nice course.

duderino,

spent many a RON there. Try Pacific Grove- it is a poor mans peaple beach. that is probably the cheapest. but last time i played that was about 8 yrs ago so i don't know what it costs now.

You might try Laguna Seca or Fort Ord as I remember they were good bargains back in the day.

Good place to bike ride if you are into that. take a drive down to Big Sur for lunch- Ventana has got good food and nice patio overlooking Pacific.

Go to Carmel to poke around one day and eat lunch or dinner. watch out for Dirty Harry;)

There is plenty to do for a bored flight crew.:)

Last edited:
I think there is one that you can get on if you are or were a member of the armed forces. Very close to the airport too.. Pretty cheap and not a bad course. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Storm

Duderino said:
Anyone have any inside info for Monterrey, CA. Looking to play some cheap golf.
Millionair has some kind of membership thing you can use at several of the local golf courses, I know last weekend the guy I was flying with played 18 at Rancho Cañada (pronounced: Kuh-nada) for $22...

For some very good seafood at a very good price, try "The Fish Wife",
Address: 1996½ Sunset Dr., at Asilomar Blvd., Pacific Grove, CA, USA
Phone: 831/375-7107

It was a good place off the beaten "tourist" path, frequented by locals... Was there only once so far, but it was excellent...

Also stop by the Baja Cantina on Carmel Valley Rd. for some excellent Mexican and great Margaritas!

Storm Chaser said:
I think there is one that you can get on if you are or were a member of the armed forces. Very close to the airport too.. Pretty cheap and not a bad course. Not sure if that helps you or not.

Storm

it is the Naval Post Graduate course- cheap if you have an ID card:)

Man I can't wait. Thanks for all the help guys. Wish there was a way to post pictures here, besides the avatar. I'd be showing off my new Callaway x16. Woo.
Semper, I'll remember not to poke around for Dirty Harry. Thanks for the "heads up".

duder

Where are you parking? Both Millionaire and Jet Center have deals for local attractions and will be able to point you towards good golf.

I've spent countless RON's cruising the coast in Jet Center's convertible VW's. There's always something fun to do in MRY.:)

Have a good trip!

Duderino said:
Man I can't wait. Thanks for all the help guys. Wish there was a way to post pictures here, besides the avatar. I'd be showing off my new Callaway x16. Woo.
Semper, I'll remember not to poke around for Dirty Harry. Thanks for the "heads up".

duder

dropped a small fortune in Nevada Bobs and other golf shops in that area as well. Take the "17 mile Drive" down to pebble beach, past spyglass, spanish bay and cypress point (one of the most exclusive GC in the states). enjoy!

http://www.ncga.org/monterey.htm

the monterey peninsula is without a doubt one of the best places you can layover as a corp pilot.:D

operational info, fog/scud is a normal morn occurence in the morn and will burn off.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back