• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Money for nothing, copilots for free

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is no shocker, There is always going to some greedy american SH!TBAG trying to exploit the desperate, and lost. These types have no morals except on to themselves. They will justify this type of behavior and call it capitalism. I bet money, the owner thinks his taxes are charity. I bet money, everyone who works for this person can't say anything decent about them.......I bet money.

So just how is someone in the right seat going to log any time in this jet. If it is a single pilot aircraft then I don't see how you can log anything. You might as well sit in your car, write down "N" numbers, guess where they might me going and log the time. Makes about as much sense.

NOT PAID.....Cool. I don't have to pay for flying anymore? Sign me up.
Pathetic. Vae pilots ( there is no pilot word in latin)

I bet all these pilots that are on the streets would gladly work for free if they knew it would lead to a full time job with a good salary in say 4-6 months.

What loser scumbags they would be right guys :rolleyes:

Get off the wagon already. The only loser scumbag pilot these days is the one that passes on ANYTHING right now the way things are.

I have 5 friends that fly Globals, they were all laid off in the past 2 months. They're all looking for ways to pay for their own training on Lears, Citations, Hawkers.....whatever gets them back to work making money so they can support their families.

Sit around and worrying about what other pilots think because you work for half what they were making 2 years ago, or do something for free to build time so you can get a paying gig, or pay for your own training so you can get back to work........now that makes you a loser.

One of my friends moved to friggin Russia, left his family here so he could work and make money s othey can keep their house, thats a real man. Not the douchbag that worries about what other pilots think. He hates being there, but he does it.

Do what you have to do.

This thread is gay.

Last edited:
Fly91 said:
I have 5 friends that fly Globals, they were all laid off in the past 2 months.

Where those your same friends that bought their own types for the lucrative contract pilot industry?

Where those your same friends that bought their own types for the lucrative contract pilot industry?

NO. These are Turnberry Global pilots, Whole Food Global pilots and another 91 operator out of West Palm. All guys who live here with families.

All those guys are doing well. One recently moved to Singapore for a crazy azz high paying job on a G550.

rich enough to own a jet. four star hotels and awesome meals?? but.......no money for an SIC? Yah, the F/O pay is the real problem here.

rich enough to own a jet. four star hotels and awesome meals?? but.......no money for an SIC? Yah, the F/O pay is the real problem here.

There's thousands of people that are now just like you and me were in the beginning, who started their flight training 1,2,3 years ago to have a career in aviation as a pilot. Now they are screwed because of the economy. Should they not take every advantage, like flying for free, that comes there way to build time, or maybe pay for training to get that first SIC jet job???? Hell no! They should do everything and anything. I tell all fo them to do what you need to do.

Just like the economy is responsible for putting the already experienced professional pilots on the streets, they should do whatever they can to get back to work flying ANYTHING for any pay.

I know a bunch of guys that are doing just that. Anyone who tells them they shouldn't work for less money or they shouldn't pay for a new type-rating if it will get them back to work...is a class A moron.

Glad to see all of you are so rich you can pass on work unless you're making top dollar or you can tell an employer to shove it because they won't pay for your type-rating.

Did you guys ever stop to think how people get rich in the first place....by beating the system in most cases. If they can slum off this bad economy knowing they can get pilots to work at half the daily rate, or pay for their own training...THEY WILL DO IT. And you know what, good for them. There's good and bad everywhere in this crappy world, live with it.

Its all these wonderful ex-airline guys that are out of work in the past 5-7 years that have killed the 737 BBJ industry for working at a daily rate of $300. Are these gusy your brothers, your pilot family, fellow pilots. No, you hate them.

How gay.

This is not a new story by any stretch. Thinking back to being a commuter pilot for years at very low pay, we had guys who would never fight for a livable wage because they were just "getting experience". Or using commuters as a "stepping stone to the majors". Well now a commuter job has become a permanent career for many and as furloughs continue at the majors, commuters hired since the commuter jets can do what majors used to do.

Its understandable the feelings here as I do remember the DESPERATION when I was impatient after school. I would do almost anything for time And the hacks prey on that depreciation. I have always done what lets me sleep good at night and that's the best advice I have.

The guy who works for free for this Arizona outfit, will most likely not get proper training on the aircraft, or crew management training, or any other long term foundational benefit. This will show when he/she actually gets into a cockpit where they expect a professional skill level. Technically, if its a single pilot aircraft, with a SIC who is untrained by an accredited training facility, and is not required by the certificate, the time is not even usable as experience.

And in ten years when this person actually has experience, and bills, and needs a job, some hack will work for free. Using the same logic and continuing the cycle.

The argument for doing anything for experience also falls flat when commuters continue to hire, train and even pay. You don't have to wash the plane, get the donuts, kiss the bosses behind. Just FLY 8 hours a day come hell or high water in and aircraft requiring two proficient pilots. If airlines are not for you then get the commuter experience and then transition.

The problem with the retired and furloughed airline guys lowering the pay for BBJ pilots is very true. These guys pride themselves on working hard and cheap. Supply and demand has not been in the pilots favor in the last twenty years. That issue is a whole other thread.

There's thousands of people that are now just like you and me were in the beginning, who started their flight training 1,2,3 years ago to have a career in aviation as a pilot. Now they are screwed because of the economy. Should they not take every advantage, like flying for free, that comes there way to build time, or maybe pay for training to get that first SIC jet job???? Hell no! They should do everything and anything. I tell all fo them to do what you need to do.

Just like the economy is responsible for putting the already experienced professional pilots on the streets, they should do whatever they can to get back to work flying ANYTHING for any pay.

I know a bunch of guys that are doing just that. Anyone who tells them they shouldn't work for less money or they shouldn't pay for a new type-rating if it will get them back to work...is a class A moron.

Glad to see all of you are so rich you can pass on work unless you're making top dollar or you can tell an employer to shove it because they won't pay for your type-rating.

Did you guys ever stop to think how people get rich in the first place....by beating the system in most cases. If they can slum off this bad economy knowing they can get pilots to work at half the daily rate, or pay for their own training...THEY WILL DO IT. And you know what, good for them. There's good and bad everywhere in this crappy world, live with it.

Its all these wonderful ex-airline guys that are out of work in the past 5-7 years that have killed the 737 BBJ industry for working at a daily rate of $300. Are these gusy your brothers, your pilot family, fellow pilots. No, you hate them.

How gay.

Its called self respect.

You have none.

Latest resources

Back