• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Money for nothing, copilots for free

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not a new story by any stretch. Thinking back to being a commuter pilot for years at very low pay, we had guys who would never fight for a livable wage because they were just "getting experience". Or using commuters as a "stepping stone to the majors". Well now a commuter job has become a permanent career for many and as furloughs continue at the majors, commuters hired since the commuter jets can do what majors used to do.

How many times did you hear pilots telling others, not to worry about the pay, just get the experience. That can be rationaled all the way up to the top, any pilots telling others that, needs to be taken out back and flogged

I know a bunch of guys that are doing just that. Anyone who tells them they shouldn't work for less money or they shouldn't pay for a new type-rating if it will get them back to work...is a class A moron.

Yeah lets just all race to the bottom, and offer to work for less than the next guy, or even pay for our training. That will really help everyone pay for houses and have jobs.

I bet all these pilots that are on the streets would gladly work for free if they knew it would lead to a full time job with a good salary in say 4-6 months.

What loser scumbags they would be right guys :rolleyes:

Get off the wagon already. The only loser scumbag pilot these days is the one that passes on ANYTHING right now the way things are.

I have 5 friends that fly Globals, they were all laid off in the past 2 months. They're all looking for ways to pay for their own training on Lears, Citations, Hawkers.....whatever gets them back to work making money so they can support their families.

Sit around and worrying about what other pilots think because you work for half what they were making 2 years ago, or do something for free to build time so you can get a paying gig, or pay for your own training so you can get back to work........now that makes you a loser.

One of my friends moved to friggin Russia, left his family here so he could work and make money s othey can keep their house, thats a real man. Not the douchbag that worries about what other pilots think. He hates being there, but he does it.

Do what you have to do.

This thread is gay.

A friggen MEN

The few times I have been in a position to hire pilots I encountered those who were willing to work for free.

Every time one of these yo-yos finished their pitch I told them that they had just blown the interview and had zero chance of ever working for me.

You get what you pay for and amateurs have no place in a professional cockpit.

Anyone who is willing to work for free deserves to never work for pay.

There is a reason that, in addition to work experience, most reputable employers require a salary history. If your previous employer assessed your value as zero why would I suddenly see value there?

Last edited:
For those of you that are too old to remeber why we love airplanes... We love to fly and at some point in our lives would take this chance for the experience. but now we are seasoned and stubborn and don't want the market for us to go down.

Give the guy a break that would give his left nut to do this and remember we were all student pilots once.

It just pisses me off some rich ASS is to cheap to give a guy something for his time... seriously what would 100 bucks a day hurt. For the guy who is in charge of this, if your boss is picking at that low of an expense, get your resume ready. You will be the only unemployed pilot that I dont feel bad for. Man what an bunch of ****************************************.

This could be worse. They could be CHARGING FOs to get flight time in the Bravo. I am surprised the cheap owner didn't think of that...

For those of you that are too old to remeber why we love airplanes... We love to fly and at some point in our lives would take this chance for the experience. but now we are seasoned and stubborn and don't want the market for us to go down.

Give the guy a break that would give his left nut to do this and remember we were all student pilots once.

I remember being a student pilot. I don't remember being a back-door hooker taking a paying job from someone so I could do it for free. Please don't paint all student pilots with the brush that tars yourself. Grow a sack, and encourage other spineless jellyfish to do the same.

It's pilots that think, They (owners) can afford it that really get us in trouble. Save your owners every penny you can and if you're lucky you will get to stay around a while.

Did anyone recieve a reply from this joker?

I sent him a very calm and semi friendly email regarding his operation's affect to the aviation community.

Did anyone recieve a reply from this joker?

I sent him a very calm and semi friendly email regarding his operation's affect to the aviation community.

What??? You mean that he hasn't responded to your email and thanked you for enlightening him with your wisdom on how everyone in the aviation community is now going to have to take a pay cut since he's allowed some low-time pilot to fly along and build some time and experience in what would otherwise be a single pilot operation??

The nerve of that guy!!

Latest resources

Back