Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mindset of the typical US Airways east pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While I certainly agree with your sentiment I advise caution when referring to financial health of an airline. One can adequately discuss career expectations without bringing that bogeyman up.

Suffice it to say the USAir pilots in 2005 had zero career expectations and the reason is irrelevant. Even Nicolau didn't dwell on that; he simply stated the Easties had far more to gain from the merger than the West. Facts like these drive liars like St. Nic and his indistinguishable East buddies crazy.

Really? Project Zanzibar! Ask Kirby about it

Don't have a dog in the fight either....anymore, but understand why they did what they did and support them as they were my brothers and I think they got screwed.

If the union got off their ass and had a merger policy that wasn't so up to interpretation and easier to implement....you wouldn't have this problem.

A350

I get that it's subjective
But again you ignore my point-
You seem to be doing it on purpose for someone w/o a dog in the fight

they didn't do anything to change the merger policy until it affected them adversely

Is that understandable to you?

They're doing it on wages where a SWA 6 year FO equals or exceeds their max A-330 captain pay. Where their airbus captains make a LOT less than upstart virgin america Airbus pilots.

I would only understand their actions if a) they'd been proactive before the merger and b) they didn't have such a terrible contract

As it's been I don't see how anyone "understands" it

Ok, i'll bite

What's project Zanzibar ?

I've found nothing on a quick google search

Scott Kirby
AWA's bankruptcy plan in 2005
He talked about AWA's poor outlook during a crew news and Zanzibar was their bk plan

The westicles think they worked for Southwest or something and swooped in and saved US legacy. Scott Kirby set the record straight in a crew news.

Awa was on the edge in 2005. A ship taking in water. The senile arbitraitor, bought and paid for by alpa, went along with the story to screw the east. That's how a 17 year pilot ended up next to a new hire.

Usapa was born

Really? Project Zanzibar! Ask Kirby about it
Nice non sequitur. Arguing with you is like the proverbial argument on the Internet so I only say this for the benefit of those unfamiliar. Merger arbitrations rely on a PID, policy implementation date, known as the "snapshot" date, so that post-merger changes caused by the actual merger aren't confused with pre-merger career expectations. So Zanzibar or anything else stated by management is irrelevant.

Quote from the Nicolau Award, Page 25:

"[FONT=&quot]The US Airways [/FONT][FONT=&quot]reliance on post-merger statements by America West's CEO, clearly [/FONT][FONT=&quot]made to assuage growing concerns of America West pilots who had [/FONT][FONT=&quot]seen a post-merger end to hiring, an increasing return of long-[/FONT][FONT=&quot]furloughed US Airways pilots and a flattening in their own [/FONT][FONT=&quot]advancement, is misplaced."

[/FONT]

It wouldn't surprise me that you're into conspiracies
So...
I'm sure you have a valid link to source right?

A phantom rumor of something with an exotic sounding name like Zanzibar(why do you need a name for a BK plan anyhow. Too much Tom Clancy) versus the waterfall of information regarding USAirways impending implosion, which would you believe?

Maybe St.Nic actually thought he heard "Pansy Bar" and wanted to know the where's and whens.

Every bankruptcy a large company goes through has a code name. Obviously all the consulting firms and people working on it can't have "Brand XXX bankruptcy" all over their documents. Northwest's was Project Duckling.

Most of that crap comes from crew news sessions where some west pilot thinks he or she is gonna pin Parker or Kirby down with the tough one, only to get a bull******************** answer thrown back in their face.

Latest resources

Back