• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest looking for 50 seat A/C

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
yeah the company is cheap, but safe, and a good place to work, or have worked with good guys/gals.... i dont know what the above is talking about $13, although he did work here so he must have some point.

right now i dont think there is a bid out yet, they are to cheap to pay anyone good to fly for them. so they better keep us, or go with mesa and let it turn into a sh!thole.

dwstl2327 said:
yeah the company is cheap, but safe, and a good place to work, or have worked with good guys/gals.... i dont know what the above is talking about $13, although he did work here so he must have some point.

right now i dont think there is a bid out yet, they are to cheap to pay anyone good to fly for them. so they better keep us, or go with mesa and let it turn into a sh!thole.

Hey dwstl1227, mvedepo is talking about the additional fee MEH employees pay for buddy passes to ride on mainline Midwest. Back in the day when they had great food served on china and free booze, you paid an extra $13 to help cover the cost. Then after 9-11, we went from shrimp scampi to a granola bar and the $13 fee remained. Its part of the $49 (or what ever it is now) that you pay for that round trip pass when your uncle wants to go to LAS.

I caught a ride on a 717 the other day and was served a cup of coffee in a styrofoam cup. As unlikely as it is, I hope the premium service will return some day. Best of luck to the SYX 1900 people, it’s a shame this is going to happen to such a great pilot group.

o, gotcha.... just jumpseat its free... and i dont think we have the best buddy pass system either, 55 bucks is what it is now, plus taxes even for your parents

3rd party doesnt have to mean "3 parties" - it just means someone other than mainline. Nowhere does he say Skyway is out of the loop - he's just saying they are evaluating options.

Good luck

mvedepo said:
I doubt that WAC will never fly for Midwest. Midwest would NEVER pay what it would cost to get carrier like AWAC. I am not even sure Midwest would pay Mesa rates. Midwest will always try to save a $1 even if it costs them $10. Midwest is so cheap that as far as I know Midwest still charging its own employees $13 per pass for a meal that they dont serve anymore. We will see.

Agreed. I don't see how XJet would be cheap enough for them either since apparently they are now too expensive for Continental. I would put my money on Mesa, TSA, or CHQ to pick up this flying.

RP170 said:
Agreed. I don't see how XJet would be cheap enough for them either since apparently they are now too expensive for Continental. I would put my money on Mesa, TSA, or CHQ to pick up this flying.

Let me in on you inside info please because obviously you know the answer. What was Republic-CHQ bid and what was XJTs bid. Or maybe it didnt matter how cheap we would do it CAL wanted to diversify. Show me some numbers and back it up please.

Until then none of us really know whats going on behind the MGMT Smoke screen. When it happens it happens boys and girls.

supposedly this summer they will be done with this.

Latest resources

Back