• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest has more than one foot in the ground

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The tragedy of this whole thing for pilots is the whole outsourcing angle. EVERYONE needs to sit up and take notice that the RAH outsource delivered the death blow to Midwest.

It could happen to you.

It does suck that MWA may be going under... sucks for all. But you should look at the facts before you post this. RAH gave them millions to continue operating.

The pilots here are RAH were not happy about this flying either.

AirTran expansion, company refusing any negotiations, Rumors of NWA/DAL taking over for Republic May 1, and our "Union" has a conference call tonight to discuss our fate.
Any news?

Any news?

Our MEC has filed for mediation. Our MEC gave mgmt a proposal for the financial portion of the contract back in Dec. Mgmt's henchmen (Seabury Group) told our MEC that they needed to "run it up the flag pole." They were supposed to come back in Jan with a counter proposal. They didn't. They just demanded that our negotiaters go back to work and come up with a proposal that is in their "zone." That zone is the outrageous ~40% paycuts they demanded last June when oil was $130 a barrel. Back then Uncle Timmy told us we needed to recognize the realities of the new energy economy.
So, our MEC didn't see the process going anywhere without going to mediation.
Here's another good one: Seabury tried to get our negotiating team to accept a B scale for all the people not flying right now. In other words, buy off the senior guys to sell out the rest of the list so that it would get voted through. Fortunately, our guys have not accepted that BS.
So the process will carry out through mediation now. There still is no plan whatsoever that has been presented to the pilot group, just rumors and inuendo if we sign up for cheap rates. And the huge question that still lingers is "who is calling the shots at the top of that flagpole?" TPG? DAL? Hucky? Why is this company being left on life support? We cannot fend off Airtran in the condition we are in. The folks in MKE will choose Airtran 717s and 737s over RAH E170s.

What, it's not about AAI pilots saying, "I told you so!"?!?!?

Duuuuuuude.....c'mon man. Let it out.

( No serious, did you find work?)

Don't hate the Tran. None of us wished this on MEH. At least none that I've talked to.

If we open a base in MKE, I'm going to have to buy another snow shovel (being that my wife is a Cheese Head and there is no way she will let me live in peace in my cozy southern confines).
It probably won't happen anyway, we are all going to be in the same boat if '09 goes the way that some are saying.

Oh, no wait, the Dems and O'bama have this cool stimulus thingy that's going to save us all.

Stock up on the Raman Noodles, it's going to be a rough ride.

I say Dave Ramsay for Pres. in 2012.

Duuuuuuude.....c'mon man. Let it out.

( No serious, did you find work?)

Don't hate the Tran. None of us wished this on MEH. At least none that I've talked to.

If we open a base in MKE, I'm going to have to buy another snow shovel (being that my wife is a Cheese Head and there is no way she will let me live in peace in my cozy southern confines).
It probably won't happen anyway, we are all going to be in the same boat if '09 goes the way that some are saying.

Oh, no wait, the Dems and O'bama have this cool stimulus thingy that's going to save us all.

Stock up on the Raman Noodles, it's going to be a rough ride.

I say Dave Ramsay for Pres. in 2012.

You think we would have opened another crew base by now. These "virtual" ones are interesting. Like you said, nobody at AirTran wished this on Midwest and it's definitely sad to see. 2009 is going to suck big time!

This "stimulus thingy" is better than any of the Republican ideas that got us here over the last 7-8 years".:bomb:

Sorry to hear this guys. You have givin me many rides over the years, ALWAYS greeted me with a sincere welcome and fed me more cookies than my waist line could take. Good luck to us all and thank you again.

This "stimulus thingy" is better than any of the Republican ideas that got us here over the last 7-8 years".:bomb:[/quote]

Don't spend your extra 8 bucks a week all at once.

This "stimulus thingy" is better than any of the Republican ideas that got us here over the last 7-8 years".:bomb:

Don't spend your extra 8 bucks a week all at once.[/quote]

Dude, don't knock it till ya try it, that eight bucks is about 4.3gal of regular! In your new hybrid that will be given to everyone Thats like 350nm of driving! Korea will be rich soon on the batteries we have to buy from them and all the plastic parts come from china! This is going to be great! sit back dont have to work get everything from the govt!! AWSOME... wait what happens when the rest of the world doesnt' want to play with us anymore... oh crap we have nothing viable to trade... we are so far extended we can't afford toilet paper... oh yea we become the ultimate welfare society! CAN'T WAIT
I should quit my job because i really don't want to pay taxes anyhow so if someone else will take care of it for me why work at all? Ah to reward piss poor performance/behavior the american way.

Latest resources

Back