• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Your right, Fuel CASM is now approaching 50% of total CASM. This just increases our advantage as the 737 burns the same amount of gas as the 717 but yet carries 38 more passengers than your 717's (and I won't even begin to compare our 737's with your MD-80's).

whats a lease payment on an 80 to a brand new 737? how about hull insurance on a $4 million dollar airplane versus a $60 million dollar one? last i checked allegiant was doing quite well on the 80.

You also have to ask how much of this traffic is MKE origination or destination. I believe our BOS, LGA, and DCA flights are timed to connect with our west coast service and vice versa. That means the bigger markets we are actually going after our big west coast cities to the big northeast cities with origination MKE traffic as gravy on top.

once again trans-continental traffic is a low YIELD market. BOS-LAX, LGA-LAX, etc.

Why wait 24 years to compare CASM's. The battle is now in 2008 for market share in MKE. The only thing that matters in this battle is Airtran's 15 year CASM vs Midwest's 24 year CASM. And Airtran can be profitable at a lower yield than Midwest due to our lower CASM.

We also have enough established routes to redeploy our aircraft to the routes that suit the season. Airtran is a very nimble airline in this respect. We don't stick with certain cities year round because they are not profitable year round.

well keep issuing convertible debt for cash raising purposes. it smacks of desperation.

the point is BOTH airlines are losing plenty these days and it is only worse by YOURS using predatory pricing in MKE. MEH has some deep pockets backing them to make sure AAI does not succeed in MKE (DAL does not want them to be there). sure they will dismantle us piece by piece, but in the long run the new DAL wants MEH in MKE and not AAI.

and a STATION MANAGER is not a credible source for how well revenue wise a station is doing. they will be the second to last to know, after the chief pilot. of course they're going to say they're "happy" with the performance.

with stagnant growth in the foreseeable future for AAI that low non-fuel CASM will only GROW and the bubble may burst.

How does your management know how many seats were bought at discount and how many were bought at full fare business class? I think the only one that know the true avg fare on our routes out of MKE are our bean counters in MCO. I don't even think you will find that information in our second quarter earnings release when it comes out.

it ain't rocket science. think of your management. are they that smart? of course not. ours is the same way.

aviation managers simply use a herd mentality and match fares, ie they legally price fix.

Last edited:
my f~cking lord....

Do you Air Tran guys really want us to do that badly, that you keep spouting your mouths off over and over again on every Midwest thread?

Or are you just responding to the posts of CitationLover, who everyone here knows should just keep his rediculous mouth shut.

Enough already... I know this is a playground message board. But just have some respect. Bashing each other won't make us go out of business any sooner. It's coming soon enough.

Last edited:
my f~cking lord....

Do you Air Tran guys really want us to do that badly, that you keep spouting your mouths off over and over again on every Midwest thread?

Or are you just responding to the posts of CitationLover, who everyone here knows should just keep his rediculous mouth shut.

Enough already... I know this is a playground message board. But just have some respect. Bashing each other won't make us go out of business any sooner. It's coming soon enough.
Yeah I heard by December Midwest will be shutting the doors..

it's ridiculous maroon.

you must be one of the wh0res picking up open time to keep your monthly credit up.

Yeah I heard by December Midwest will be shutting the doors..
Yeah, a month after AAI....
AAI is pulling out of BOS already, that's from a gate agent (AAI) in BOS....The 737 has to have a high load factor, if it runs against the 717 on certain routes. the 717 burns much less fuel. Against the 80 the 737 is much better .And the statements regarding AAI is doing great out of MKE from your CP. What else is he going to say. He knows that the ship is sinking. from 10% growth to- no growth aircraft deliveries pushed back, selling options to get cash, stockprice at around 3$.....

it's ridiculous maroon.

you must be one of the wh0res picking up open time to keep your monthly credit up.

Calling one of your own pilots a shade of "purple", I say you have crossed the line, sir!!!

BTW, I hope you guy's get Airbus Aircrafts(sic).

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back