• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest getting new aircrafts????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
whats a lease payment on an 80 to a brand new 737? how about hull insurance on a $4 million dollar airplane versus a $60 million dollar one? last i checked allegiant was doing quite well on the 80.

a lease payment on an '80 is around 100K give or take a few thousand $, vs. 425K plus for a 73NG.
by the way did you see an article about how Hoeskema should get a thank you card for keeping Midwest private, I personally believe he should get a few extra thank you cards, a cookie platter and flower bouquet for the 35 furloughs (I'm lovin' my summer off!), 22 captain downgrades, 15 volunatary furloughs from F/A's and shutting down Skyway!

Last edited:
whats a lease payment on an 80 to a brand new 737? how about hull insurance on a $4 million dollar airplane versus a $60 million dollar one? last i checked allegiant was doing quite well on the 80.

60 Million Dollars! Don't think we paid near that much for the 737's

Hoeksema Party

If we're having a "Get the Hell out of the Industry" party for Uncle Timmy, let me know. I'll arrange a tour bus full of ex-Skyway'ers and bring lots of party favors for decorating the front lawn.

If we're having a "Get the Hell out of the Industry" party for Uncle Timmy, let me know. I'll arrange a tour bus full of ex-Skyway'ers and bring lots of party favors for decorating the front lawn.

I'm sure hoping Hallmark makes one of those cards "Get the hell out of the industry". Unfortunately, I don't see MCI anymore (being furloughed) other wise I would make a personal trip to their facility to request one!

here's the link to the article, basically only time will tell if it was a wise move on Midwest part to remain a stand alone carrier..... their basis for the "THANK YOU CARDS" is shareholders received $17.00 a share.

I can see it from the shareholder's perspective. They got a bunch of money. Didn't TH make the argument when AAI made the first offer that he could ignore the shareholders wishes and make decisions based on "the good of the company?" Then he turned around, gave them the $$ (and put $10M in his pocket), screwed the company, screwed the employees, and screwed the city.

I can think of a long list of things I'd like to send that SOB, and a thank you card is not one of them.

here's the link to the article, basically only time will tell if it was a wise move on Midwest part to remain a stand alone carrier..... their basis for the "THANK YOU CARDS" is shareholders received $17.00 a share.

http://www.biztimes.com/blogs/milwa...lders-should-send-thank-you-cards-to-hoeksema

Yep, any shareholder can go right back to AAI and thank them for the initial offer that essentially resulted in TH having to cut a deal with TPG.

AAI forced the hand of MEH. Had TH NOT been able to sell out to TPG, the AAI offer would have expired and the stock would have been right back to 4 bucks or so as it was prior to the AAI offer.

No question that shareholders should be happy!

I can see it from the shareholder's perspective. They got a bunch of money. Didn't TH make the argument when AAI made the first offer that he could ignore the shareholders wishes and make decisions based on "the good of the company?" Then he turned around, gave them the $$ (and put $10M in his pocket), screwed the company, screwed the employees, and screwed the city.

I can think of a long list of things I'd like to send that SOB, and a thank you card is not one of them.
one thing that does come to mind is from the movie billy madison, a paper bag on fire full of dog Sh** on his door step!

a lease payment on an '80 is around 100K give or take a few thousand $, vs. 425K plus for a 73NG.
by the way did you see an article about how Hoeskema should get a thank you card for keeping Midwest private, I personally believe he should get a few extra thank you cards, a cookie platter and flower bouquet for the 35 furloughs (I'm lovin' my summer off!), 22 captain downgrades, 15 volunatary furloughs from F/A's and shutting down Skyway!

it was 20 downgrades.

and if i was a shareholder, then TH appears to be a genius. too bad i am not one, simply a minion employee.

how much is a 737-7 if not $60m? this seems to think my figure was reasonable.
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/prices/

On a serious note....
All Midwest pilots. Give to the GB fund please.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back