• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest/frontier going to become 1 airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm trying to (still) figure out why you're mad at just the RAH pilots. As best as I can tell, all parties needed to agree to a timeline. Sounds like YX wanted it done faster (understandably) than the other 3 groups. The RAH MEC isn't running this show so I'm not sure why it's all their fault.

Because you are the only ones saying that all the parties agreed to something that wasn't the case. I haven't seen FAPA or even LYNX people spouting such nonsense. BTW there are 5 groups.

Frontier and Lynx aren't gaining anything at the expense of other people by delaying. RAH pilots are. All the recalls at F9 are because of the 3 new F9 aircraft coming online. So yes I blame the RAH pilots.

Because you are the only ones saying that all the parties agreed to something that wasn't the case. I haven't seen FAPA or even LYNX people spouting such nonsense. BTW there are 5 groups.

Frontier and Lynx aren't gaining anything at the expense of other people by delaying. RAH pilots are. All the recalls at F9 are because of the 3 new F9 aircraft coming online. So yes I blame the RAH pilots.
As usual, pilots are left to clean up the mess created by management. At some point pilots will stop taking out their anger on fellow pilots. I hope I get to see that day during my career.

Who is the fifth group being integrated? Lynx, F9, YX, RAH.

As usual, pilots are left to clean up the mess created by management. At some point pilots will stop taking out their anger on fellow pilots. I hope I get to see that day during my career.

RAH management.

I'm trying to (still) figure out why you're mad at just the RAH pilots.

Nothing personal but I'll explain, you are very smart and should understand:

1) You guys are flying aircraft that say MIDWEST on them except you arent MIDWEST and you dont get paid MIDWEST salaries: actually you get paid almost half of what the MIDWEST pilots got paid. Because of this unequal pay scenario, The "real" MIDWEST pilots are NOW unemployed.

2) You guys are flying E190 aircraft, in my opinion, a mainline aircraft. EXCEPT You arent even close to the pay scale that should go with that aircraft.

I understand you are doing what your UNION is telling you and you arent crossing any lines. I also understand Heller and BB are "kinda" whipsawing you and making the RAH pilots take the blame with their actions. So most of the blame is in the name of "BUSINESS". And right now, RAH mngmt is taking care of Business with what is available and a very co-operative labor group.

You can not fault anyone for blaming RAH and being angry at your UNION. People have lost their jobs (MIDWEST) and growth abilities (DEN F9) because there is an availability of LOW LABOR PILOTS (RAH) on a MAINLINE AIRCRAFT (E190). MNGMT has the upperhand now, that is fine.

I expect RAH guys to grow some COURAGE and DEMAND what is right:

1) PAY and Benefits for aircraft operated.
2) Pay and Benefits for the outstanding professional group you have.
3) AND to take care of the MIDWEST PILOTS, especially the junior ones who got screwed by their senior pilots.

Lets make it work.

CYA

Last edited:

I think history shows that the way to overcome obstacles like this is when party who has gained puts out the hand to lift the downtrodden party up the ladder. What has happen here is that the party who has gained not only have they left their hands in their pockets but they have kicked away the ladder after reaching the top.

Another way would be to join together to fight management but by all evidence your EXCO is either woefully incompetent, in bed with BB or immoral.

I wish that Animaltale had some say in what was going to happen. We all know that many pilots including greedy bassstards that work or worked at RAH, F9, and Midwest all only care about one thing: themselves. Most of these guys shouldn't even have an ATP(an airline transport pilot must be of upstanding moral character). I have had the extreme privilege of working with some of the best flight crews in the business, many genuinely caring about the job they did, but I saw the other side too and what is going on right now would make anyone of even the strongest constitution queasy. What have we become when we are climbing on the backs of carcasses that aren't even cold yet.

Yes Midwest pilots got screwed, yes rah pilots have an old bad contract, yes, anyone at Lynx had to see the writing on the wall as did F9 mngment. But the real point here is that no one is trying to rectify the problem and go after this in a unified way. I have seen utterly deplorable behavior by rah pilots and they know who they are. Young, cocky, entitlement ridden fools that think that because their mngmnt fleeced Midwest and MKE that it can't happen to them. I am saddened by the whole process.

I still wish all of you the best, NOT a BB statement, but God bless us all, we'll need it, especially if we all don't realize that we need to be unified for any of us to succeed. Otherwise I expect that RAH will eventually meet the same fate as MEH.

Good luck to all, fly safe and maybe someday we will unify.

I wish that Animaltale had some say in what was going to happen. We all know that many pilots including greedy bassstards that work or worked at RAH, F9, and Midwest all only care about one thing: themselves. Most of these guys shouldn't even have an ATP(an airline transport pilot must be of upstanding moral character). I have had the extreme privilege of working with some of the best flight crews in the business, many genuinely caring about the job they did, but I saw the other side too and what is going on right now would make anyone of even the strongest constitution queasy. What have we become when we are climbing on the backs of carcasses that aren't even cold yet.

Yes Midwest pilots got screwed, yes rah pilots have an old bad contract, yes, anyone at Lynx had to see the writing on the wall as did F9 mngment. But the real point here is that no one is trying to rectify the problem and go after this in a unified way. I have seen utterly deplorable behavior by rah pilots and they know who they are. Young, cocky, entitlement ridden fools that think that because their mngmnt fleeced Midwest and MKE that it can't happen to them. I am saddened by the whole process.

I still wish all of you the best, NOT a BB statement, but God bless us all, we'll need it, especially if we all don't realize that we need to be unified for any of us to succeed. Otherwise I expect that RAH will eventually meet the same fate as MEH.

Good luck to all, fly safe and maybe someday we will unify.

The Truth. Nice Post.

CYA

Lets say that the sli is complete in early summer if it stays on schedule. Does anyone know how the midwest pilots would be brought back to the line and under what contract they would fly. When a new plane arrives and they can hold seats on it under what contract do they do trainning and so on. Anyone have any ideas. This is why it will be real important to get a single contract once we have a single pilot list.

Nothing personal but I'll explain, you are very smart and should understand:

1) You guys are flying aircraft that say MIDWEST on them except you arent MIDWEST and you dont get paid MIDWEST salaries: actually you get paid almost half of what the MIDWEST pilots got paid. Because of this unequal pay scenario, The "real" MIDWEST pilots are NOW unemployed.

2) You guys are flying E190 aircraft, in my opinion, a mainline aircraft. EXCEPT You arent even close to the pay scale that should go with that aircraft.

I understand you are doing what your UNION is telling you and you arent crossing any lines. I also understand Heller and BB are "kinda" whipsawing you and making the RAH pilots take the blame with their actions. So most of the blame is in the name of "BUSINESS". And right now, RAH mngmt is taking care of Business with what is available and a very co-operative labor group.

You can not fault anyone for blaming RAH and being angry at your UNION. People have lost their jobs (MIDWEST) and growth abilities (DEN F9) because there is an availability of LOW LABOR PILOTS (RAH) on a MAINLINE AIRCRAFT (E190). MNGMT has the upperhand now, that is fine.

I expect RAH guys to grow some COURAGE and DEMAND what is right:

1) PAY and Benefits for aircraft operated.
2) Pay and Benefits for the outstanding professional group you have.
3) AND to take care of the MIDWEST PILOTS, especially the junior ones who got screwed by their senior pilots.

Lets make it work.

CYA
See, now what you said makes sense to me. I guess I was viewing things from a different perspective. We (native RAH) didn't do this to you (YX,F9,Lynx). Our collective mgmt groups did.

At the end of the day, I think what transpired was bad for everyone, including the native RAH pilot group and especially bad for the FO's like myself. See, we were hired at a regional where we expected to bide our time, take our upgrade as CA's moved on, and then move on ourselves. In our wake the regional life-cycle continues. Hire on, low FO pay, low CA pay, get hired at a "real" airline. That's all been upset. We were hired on but all of a sudden, CA's are no longer "moving on." Many have decided to hang-out b/c why go to the bottom of another seniority list when the airbus and 190 that you could be flying there have come to you and your current seniority list. While you won't fly the airbus for at least 5 years and probably closer to 10+, at least it's now a possibility and you don't have to give up seniority/pay. That leaves the FO's stuck at a job that went from a regional upgrade timeframe to a national/LCC upgrade timeframe...but we're still stuck with the BS pay and workrules that come at a regional. We're all very, VERY aware that that has to change with this upcoming contract which is why we are all preparing for the inevitable need to strike (my strike fund is growing daily and I hope that's the case for everyone).

I truly feel bad for the YX FO's who will likely come over as FO's but at a far lower pay scale than what they left. Sure, it's a paycheck, but it's a bad paycheck to be doing the same thing you were doing last year. That's business and while I didn't do it to you and neither did any native RAH pilot, at least I understand the rawness of that deal. Meanwhile the masterminds behind it all sit around happy as could be that the pilots are at each others' throats. Divide and conquer.

See, now what you said makes sense to me. I guess I was viewing things from a different perspective. We (native RAH) didn't do this to you (YX,F9,Lynx). Our collective mgmt groups did.

At the end of the day, I think what transpired was bad for everyone, including the native RAH pilot group and especially bad for the FO's like myself. See, we were hired at a regional where we expected to bide our time, take our upgrade as CA's moved on, and then move on ourselves. In our wake the regional life-cycle continues. Hire on, low FO pay, low CA pay, get hired at a "real" airline. That's all been upset. We were hired on but all of a sudden, CA's are no longer "moving on." Many have decided to hang-out b/c why go to the bottom of another seniority list when the airbus and 190 that you could be flying there have come to you and your current seniority list. While you won't fly the airbus for at least 5 years and probably closer to 10+, at least it's now a possibility and you don't have to give up seniority/pay. That leaves the FO's stuck at a job that went from a regional upgrade timeframe to a national/LCC upgrade timeframe...but we're still stuck with the BS pay and workrules that come at a regional. We're all very, VERY aware that that has to change with this upcoming contract which is why we are all preparing for the inevitable need to strike (my strike fund is growing daily and I hope that's the case for everyone).

I truly feel bad for the YX FO's who will likely come over as FO's but at a far lower pay scale than what they left. Sure, it's a paycheck, but it's a bad paycheck to be doing the same thing you were doing last year. That's business and while I didn't do it to you and neither did any native RAH pilot, at least I understand the rawness of that deal. Meanwhile the masterminds behind it all sit around happy as could be that the pilots are at each others' throats. Divide and conquer.

This is why I dont like the idea of any RAH pilot going above any F9 pilot during SLI. You knew what your expectations were going into the regional, and now "some" of you are expecting a quick and easy jump over into the bus without taking the hit that the rest of us took when we "moved on" to another carrier.

Latest resources

Back