• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

midwest/frontier going to become 1 airline

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be surprised if it becomes Bryan Bedford Airlines with his face on the tails.

Oh.. it will be his picture ..... His picture Spank'n the Monkey thats already on the tail....:rolleyes:

V1

Lynx is a class act....

Actually, I do apologize for being a little "hard" on the RAH guys. They have no choice in the matter of who buys what. They are just pawns flying multi-million dollar aircraft for peanut wages and mediocre workrules. I just wish they would sally up and DEMAND what they are worth..

CYA
Which we did back in 2003. The airline started changing in 2009. Our contract expired in Oct. 2007. We opened negotiations in April 2007. So, on an expired contract all of these changes have been made. You can't truly believe for one second that we are happily sitting on our thumbs? Negotiations have slowed to a crawl for the moment. The main reason is so we can get the SLI complete and then all of the airlines can take part in these negotiations. What we had accomplished at the table prior to the acquisitions has all been tossed out the window. We're starting over from square one because RAH is an entirely different airline than it was 18 months ago and the new contract desperately needs to reflect that.

Which we did back in 2003. The airline started changing in 2009. Our contract expired in Oct. 2007. We opened negotiations in April 2007. So, on an expired contract all of these changes have been made. You can't truly believe for one second that we are happily sitting on our thumbs? Negotiations have slowed to a crawl for the moment. The main reason is so we can get the SLI complete and then all of the airlines can take part in these negotiations. What we had accomplished at the table prior to the acquisitions has all been tossed out the window. We're starting over from square one because RAH is an entirely different airline than it was 18 months ago and the new contract desperately needs to reflect that.

I dont know what you did back in 2003 but in 2009 your contract is a shame. I am sorry I am not impressed with your pay or work rules.

Also, I have notice a few RAH pilots with fangs exposed, chomping at the bit to fly the AIRBUS at all costs. I hope it is not true but I have heard if BEDFORD offered RAH E190 rates to RAH PILOTS to fly the Airbus, the RAH pilots will take it with pleasure.<--------I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE.

CYA

I dont know what you did back in 2003 but in 2009 your contract is a shame. I am sorry I am not impressed with your pay or work rules.

Also, I have notice a few RAH pilots with fangs exposed, chomping at the bit to fly the AIRBUS at all costs. I hope it is not true but I have heard if BEDFORD offered RAH E190 rates to RAH PILOTS to fly the Airbus, the RAH pilots will take it with pleasure.<--------I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE.

CYA

Well, with comments like that, and your tag line, it seems like you're more interested in inciting animosity between groups. I'm not going to try to speak for our whole pilot group, but the number of people who would be interested in flying the Airbus for our current junk wages is somewhere near zero. 99% of us are just hoping for something near an amicable integration... not sure how likely that is, but we can all dream... By the way, no one here is impressed with our current contract pay or work rules either... if you want to know about 2003, well, CHQ was a 50 seat and less company flying codeshare for a few partners... around 300-350 or so of our current pilots were even around then to vote on it and - given the state of things at the time, it apparently seemed like a reasonable contract - albeit with some big loopholes and overlooked issues in hindsight - again, not unlike some other contracts within this new RAH.

I look forward to working with you in the future, however things shake out, and perhaps consider getting rid of that dumb tagline, posted by someone apparently falling under our 1% rule (every company has a few).

The only place the RAH kool-aid even exists is on these message boards. In reality, nearly all of us know our CBA sucks, our work rules suck, and our management is treating us and our newly acquired pilot groups like crap. People at RAH are pissed, especially since to avoid training costs the company COMPLETELY DISREGARDS seniority with language like "displacement vacancy".

Eventually it will come to a strike, and we RAH pilots need to be prepared financially and mentally to get what we deserve. I worked 5+ years at this place and watched it grow from 50 seat no-name operator to the most hated airline in the industry. Its quite frankly embarrassing and I want to fix it as much as anybody else.

BTW....F*(K the RLA.

Well, with comments like that, and your tag line, it seems like you're more interested in inciting animosity between groups. I'm not going to try to speak for our whole pilot group, but the number of people who would be interested in flying the Airbus for our current junk wages is somewhere near zero. 99% of us are just hoping for something near an amicable integration... not sure how likely that is, but we can all dream... By the way, no one here is impressed with our current contract pay or work rules either... if you want to know about 2003, well, CHQ was a 50 seat and less company flying codeshare for a few partners... around 300-350 or so of our current pilots were even around then to vote on it and - given the state of things at the time, it apparently seemed like a reasonable contract - albeit with some big loopholes and overlooked issues in hindsight - again, not unlike some other contracts within this new RAH.

I look forward to working with you in the future, however things shake out, and perhaps consider getting rid of that dumb tagline, posted by someone apparently falling under our 1% rule (every company has a few).

FAIR Enough. Just remember, EASY COME, EASY GO. We need to not only DEMAND the best for our work groups, WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THE MIDWEST GUYS.<-------My confusion with the MIDWEST GUYS is why the hell would the SENIOR MIDWEST guys continue to fly when their mngmt axed 3/4 of their pilot workforce.. Were they selfish or were they blind and thought maybe things will get better? I know if I was a senior cat and mngmt started "furloughing" 3/4 of our workforce, I would be more prone to STOP working and Strike..

Anyhow, I really feel that we need to take care of ALL the Midwest guys. Especially when RAH is flying the routes and colors. EASY COME; EASY GO (KARMA)..

On a side note. POPEYE is a complete idiot. That Tag line is a reminder and a wake up call that there still are some IDIOTS and SELFISH "PUNKS" amongst us.

CYA

The only place the RAH kool-aid even exists is on these message boards. In reality, nearly all of us know our CBA sucks, our work rules suck, and our management is treating us and our newly acquired pilot groups like crap. People at RAH are pissed, especially since to avoid training costs the company COMPLETELY DISREGARDS seniority with language like "displacement vacancy".

Eventually it will come to a strike, and we RAH pilots need to be prepared financially and mentally to get what we deserve. I worked 5+ years at this place and watched it grow from 50 seat no-name operator to the most hated airline in the industry. Its quite frankly embarrassing and I want to fix it as much as anybody else.

BTW....F*(K the RLA.

Thank you.

Cya

Last edited:

BTW....F*(K the RLA.

Good to see.

FAIR Enough. Just remember, EASY COME, EASY GO. We need to not only DEMAND the best for our work groups, WE NEED TO TAKE CARE OF THE MIDWEST GUYS.<-------My confusion with the MIDWEST GUYS is why the hell would the SENIOR MIDWEST guys continue to fly when their mngmt axed 3/4 of their pilot workforce.. Were they selfish or were they blind and thought maybe things will get better? I know if I was a senior cat and mngmt started "furloughing" 3/4 of our workforce, I would be more prone to STOP working and Strike..

Anyhow, I really feel that we need to take care of ALL the Midwest guys. Especially when RAH is flying the routes and colors. EASY COME; EASY GO (KARMA)..

On a side note. POPEYE is a complete idiot. That Tag line is a reminder and a wake up call that there still are some IDIOTS and SELFISH "PUNKS" amongst us.

CYA

Several were asked that on the MEH ALPA website. It was mostly a "nothing we can do about it" defense on their part.

Several were asked that on the MEH ALPA website. It was mostly a "nothing we can do about it" defense on their part.

I question the MEH senior pilots' action a lot. Then I say to myself, "ALPA did not object or say not to fly while 3/4 of the pilot group got booted." After I say this to myself, I realize the reason for the downward spiral of our quality careers or what once was quality is because we have ni-eve and hungry pilots that will do anything to keep flying and not question CHARLATAN motives from our managers.

Shame on us. On the same note, our senior F9 pilots took jobs flying 737s for 50k/yr....Hmmmmmmm..I just hope these guys arent gonna represent us.

CYA

Latest resources

Back