• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Finally, what did it take...seven pages of people going "Ohh, ohh, hey, I want to do that flying! Oh yeah...sorry Skyway, that really sucks."

I find it more than a little ironic that XJT folks are creaming their pants for this Midwest flying, and turn around and say stuff like "If you're reading this and you fly for CHQ, go #### yourself."

Using that logic, if XJET is awarded the flying, you should see the same sort of message from all the Skyway pilots that have yet more bad news heaped upon them. XJET, welcome to the world of outsourcing. You reap what you sow. Don't expect the entire airline industry to give you guys a free pass just because "You need a home for the 69 aircraft" that you decided to keep. Don't take this as an attack - I'm merely pointing out that after pages and pages of insults thrown at the CHQ pilot group, it seems just a little silly to hear the XJET folk jumping on every possible opportunity for new flying. Oh, wait, I shouldn't be angry with the pilots - I should be angry with management, right? Ironic.

And as far as AWAC goes, they are, of course, the logical choice. I wasn't aware that Rankin left SYX under bad terms; that could sabotage the deal right there, as someone else pointed out. Who knows. I hope SYX does the flying - whether they have to add a new fleet type or not.

Take care,
-brew3 (ex Skyex-er)

brew3departure said:
Finally, what did it take...seven pages of people going "Ohh, ohh, hey, I want to do that flying! Oh yeah...sorry Skyway, that really sucks."

I find it more than a little ironic that XJT folks are creaming their pants for this Midwest flying, and turn around and say stuff like "If you're reading this and you fly for CHQ, go #### yourself."

Using that logic, if XJET is awarded the flying, you should see the same sort of message from all the Skyway pilots that have yet more bad news heaped upon them. XJET, welcome to the world of outsourcing. You reap what you sow. Don't expect the entire airline industry to give you guys a free pass just because "You need a home for the 69 aircraft" that you decided to keep. Don't take this as an attack - I'm merely pointing out that after pages and pages of insults thrown at the CHQ pilot group, it seems just a little silly to hear the XJET folk jumping on every possible opportunity for new flying. Oh, wait, I shouldn't be angry with the pilots - I should be angry with management, right? Ironic.

And as far as AWAC goes, they are, of course, the logical choice. I wasn't aware that Rankin left SYX under bad terms; that could sabotage the deal right there, as someone else pointed out. Who knows. I hope SYX does the flying - whether they have to add a new fleet type or not.

Take care,
-brew3 (ex Skyex-er)
AWAC managament wants this deal bad. For all the obvious reasons plus the tax code that was overturned which will save them millions per year. I guarentee that if Bringing Rankin onboard would end the deal he would not be here.

brew3departure said:

Take care,
-brew3 (ex Skyex-er)

I understand your frustration here, however there is a big difference. The market has changed. I too believe that a wholly owned SHOULD be the one doing the flying. But other that Eagle, Skyway and Piedmont there aren't any wholly owned anymore.

The difference is that if XJT or Air Wiskey get the flying it's because they are a quality operation. No one has taken pay cuts to get the flying. The pilots are not undercutting each other to obtain the flying. If anything these are two pilot groups that are helping the profession by raising the bar. I mean, isn't it ironic that if AW or XJT get the flying they will be paid better than Skyway guys?

Moustache said:
You are a d0uchebag!!
that's funny, I would hope that awac management sees this post and never puts out a PIF about anything related to additional business without a public press release posted first again.

it's rediculous that this info was immediately posted here on flightinfo. this is for awac employees eyes only IMO.

obviously awac isn't the only company in contention, and the management at the competitors now know at least one company that is.

thanks johnychimo.

AWAC management is going to be sending this request to the entire pilot group in a few days.

Try and look at the 'Big Picture'. They have to show Midwest their AWAC pilot group is trained to serve, obey and work with the company, not against it.
With the exception of the concession, this is a done deal.

The worst thing the AWAC pilots could do at this juncture is rock the boat or give the slightest inkling to Midwest they are unwilling to cooperate with their management. Remember, Midwest is 'looking at you' as their future B717 staff. That means; Bigger Plane, Better Schedule, Better Pay, Better Job Security, Better Life.

Take whatever they offer and understand you are looking at the 'Big Picture' and investing in your families future. Don't risk losing it by playing petty games because of a few loud mouthed malcontents among every pilot group.

This is a small sacrifice to secure a dream job.

Again, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!__________________

Oops, Sorry....this was meant for a different thread. Please disregard the above comments, stay unified brothas'.

I still say TH ought to open up the purses and buy some new effin A/C for SYX and not worry about buying Airbuses for mainline. Here's to hoping it will stay inhouse.

Jobear
Tuna and 580 are still da' bomb

Taildragon said:
MKE is the only hub!
OMA use to be a hub!
MCI never a hub! D*umbs*it

Midwest will grow in 5 years, when every good market has been developed and there is no more money to be made.

sure about that?

CHICAGO (MarketWatch) -- Midwest Air Group (MEH), parent of Milwaukee's Midwest Airlines, will continue to carve out more market share, Timothy Hoeksema, president and chief executive, said in an interview.

The 22-year-old airline is the market leader in Milwaukee, with a 51% share of passenger traffic in May at Mitchell International Airport, and Midwest ranks second behind Southwest Airlines Corp. (LUV) in Kansas City, Midwest's second hub city. Midwest Air will increase capacity in Kansas City by 15% this year, Hoeksema said. "Since last year, we've more than doubled our market share in Kansas City," he said.

Article

d*umbsh*t?

brew3departure said:
it seems just a little silly to hear the XJET folk jumping on every possible opportunity for new flying.
Why wouldn't we? Weren't you excited when you found out about your deal with CAL? A lot of us are getting antsy since we haven't heard a peep from the Mothership. You think we're jumping up and down at the thought of 20+ aircraft going to a Mexican airline without us? C'mon, this has become a dog-eat-dog world. One pilot's ray of sunshine is another's raincloud. It's just the way this thing has turned out, and it really sucks.

Latest resources

Back