Midwest Flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
jvrac said:
Best of luck to both Air Wisconsin and ExpressJet.

How about best of luck to the skyway guys/gals! Hopefully addition of 328's and attrition will prevent the possibility of future furloughs......

Ive heard from reliable sources at Skyway that only CRJ operators are in the running right now for the RFP. That is rumored to be AWAC, Pinnacle, and Mesa. It seems like everybody is all fired up that AWAC already has it but don't jump the gun so soon. It is no secret at Skyway that our Ex-CEO Rankin who left for AWAC, left on horrible terms and management is pissed with him. Let's not forget that there could be some insider trading conflicts going on here too if AWAC gets it. I am not bashing AWAC at all. Infact they would probably be my first choice. But let's be honest. There are very few people at Skyway that want this RFP to go through, including me.

1973Arrow said:
Hey lets smatter company news all over the internet that comes from internal sources. Great idea....
You are a d0uchebag!!

hey said:
How about best of luck to the skyway guys/gals! Hopefully addition of 328's and attrition will prevent the possibility of future furloughs......
Thanks, It seems this thread can really care less what happens to Skyway pilots, with all the salivating going on.

Master Shake said:
Along that line...I pulled up the armrest in A/C 574 the other day and it said "If you're flying this airplane and your work for CHQ, go F**K youself".
Hella funny.

There was also the same kind of thing on one of the urinals in CLE the other day..."if you're pissing here and you work for CHQ, etc etc etc". Went back to the same urinal the other day and it was gone...too clean cleveland i guess.

A senior CA "source" told me we were one of the 3 in the finals along with AWAC...who knows, we be probably too expensive for Midwest as well.

I agree, I'd certainly like to see XJT find something to do with the idle airplanes, but if not, hope the Whiskey guys make out. Good company, good and decent operation.

Nobody here wants Skyway pilots to lose their jobs or have their career impacted by this 50 seat RFP. To think otherwise would be foolish.

Moustache said:
You are a d0uchebag!!

Funny, I agree with him. By putting this information out to public sources we at AWAC are feeding our competition. Funny that we have not heard from the other companys involved with the RFP, they were probably smart and kept this information confidential. The only people that need to be concerned with this information are AWAC employees, thus it should have stayed out of a public forum.

As for salivating over skyway flying, no one here is doing that. No one here wishes bad on the skyway folks, but this RFP is happening whether they like it or not. Its got to be tough for you guys at skyway, but your company's line is clear, they want to finance Boeing or Airbus aircraft, not 50 seaters, hence the RFP.

I doubt midwest and AWAC will merge, airwisconsin is going to buy skyway and then will be integrated as a wholly owned sub of midwest airgroup. There is no way thet AWAC will integrate the pilot group with ME, 65% of ME pilots would be FOs on an RJ. .....

I also think it is very unforunate that the Skyway boys and girls are not doing this flying. They deserve it and have worked hard fot the ME bottom line for years now. I hope that somehow there is a silver lineing in all of this for the Skyway folks.

As an aside, I doubt very seriously that you will see XJT doing this flying. I'm not so sure it's the direction our mgt has chosen and the leases south of the border will generate revenue for the company. Who knows.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back