• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Captain Writes About BUF Colgan Crash

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Good point. Some of you guys did pay your dues. However those who took the old school civilian road seem to be a dying breed.

hmmmmm has Midwest ever had a fatal crash attributed to pilot error? :rolleyes:

It happened. It was unfortunate. Hopefully we can take something away from it prevent it from happening again , ie. guard and retard. Its a shame that this individual wants to push his opinion by grave dancing.

He will not publish articles, give interviews, or permit his name to be used in any manner likely to bring discredit to another pilot, the airline industry, the profession, or ALPA.

Taken directly from the ALPA Code of Ethics.

I move that Scott Kaley be relieved of his ALPA membership...any seconds?

It seems to me that many people on this thread have no issue with the airlines denigrating the pilot profession by having no set minimum experience level. This is the root of the problem and it is why our careers are no longer as prosperous as they used to be.

Taken directly from the ALPA Code of Ethics.

I move that Scott Kaley be relieved of his ALPA membership...any seconds?

Tim Hoeksema already took care of his ALPA status.

It's ok as ALPA national will sign off on the MPL soon enough further denigrating our jobs.

Tim Hoeksema already took care of his ALPA status.

It's ok as ALPA national will sign off on the MPL soon enough further denigrating our jobs.

I've been out of ALPA work for a year, but the last I checked, ALPA was fighting the MPL with all available resources.

There are a plethora of "mainline" airline accidents that could have been avoided by a 250 hr commercial pilot. Case in point: forgetting to set takeoff flaps.

Making sure you put the right fix into the FMS and the verifying it with the other pilot.

..making sure you actually land on a runway and not the taxiway.

....going to another airport when your airplanes x-wind limits are exceeded and you are tired.

....not landing on a snow covered runway and delaying action.

.....not jamming the rudder around and causing the tail to snap off.

....making sure your wings are free of ice and snow.

.....I'll stop there.

The dude is a DB.....

Last edited:
If you're referring to the EAL crash in the Everglades, they weren't "on approach". They were on extended vectors while troubleshooting their gear warning light.

You might want to read up on stuff before you post inaccuracies.

and that makes it less dumb.

I've been out of ALPA work for a year, but the last I checked, ALPA was fighting the MPL with all available resources.

Just like they "fought" age 65......

Oh my god.. Last week, a child shot himself in the head with his fathers pistol while he was playing with it. If I were to say "Parents need to practice better security with their firearms or there may be more accidents, which it looks like may have caused the accident last week." Now, was that statement against the poor little kid who did not know any better,or against the irresponsible parents?

His statement was directed toward the companies that hire low time pilots, not the deceased crew members. I know plenty of pilots who got hired at their regional with 300 hours, as many of you probably do as well. I don't blame them for taking the job, if I could have with 300 hours, I probably would have also. There were times when I was an FO and the ******************** would hit the fan, I would think "Thank god I wasn't the Captain." I have also had Captains tell me "Glad you were here".

On this notion that he is an a##hole for saying that the accident "may have been pilot error". I offer this.

To all the Conservatives on here, better ban fox news
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,495267,00.html

Heres one for the liberals
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29233475/

Google it and see for yourself.

Latest resources

Back