• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Midwest Airlines Quality of Life

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you'r planing on living in Milwaukee the QOL will be very good, if you are commuting, Midwest have a commuter policy of have to be listed on 2 flights, quite a few crashpads in the area, we can hook you up with phone numbers if you like.

Generally reserve is 11 days off, I usually fly about 3 to 4 trips a month on reserve, but we are getting some new guys here soon, so that will change. Usually you get a 4 day off period in the line, all our bidding is done through Flica which is a great system, you can modify your entire line through open time, since our recall some guys already have lines next month, we will also be losing about 4 F/O's here very soon, we are getting 4 more 717's next year, most new hires come into the 717.

Training is top notch, great guys and great programs, nice clean aircrafts and a lot of our passengers really like our product, so mostly you will see a lot of friendly passengers, can't say the same about my previous regional job.

Upgrads, who knows, we still have some captains flying the right seat (downgraded) so can't say when, but it might be a while.

If you need anyother info just ask, if I don't know I will find out the answer for you, good luck to you

ps. Midex guys please feel free to correct me if you see inacurate info. in my post.

Chuck Yogourt said:
I think you are in need of anger management. BOY. Do you cry to your boyfriend every night "That mean ole Chuck is making fun of Delta. I hate him". WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.....................

Another thing: I never said a word about the people of Delta. I just have a problem with "THe world owes me because I am a Delta pilot" attitude. Why do care what someone from little old Midwest has to say anyway. Oh, I get it, Midwest didn't lose 1.3 billion last quarter. I'd be pissed also, I guess.

Thanks for proving my point kid.. Time to get off your dad's computer. Its past 7:00pm chuck, its a school night. Good night kid, have a good time at 5th grade tomorrow. Bundle up, I understand it will be quite chilly tomorrow.
funny how chuck mentions the 1.3 billion. Yep its a lot of money. You never hear any DAL pilot mention its not a lot of money. But compare that to a company that has 33 airplanes, losing 27 mil in a quarter, I'd be worried if I were a midwest employee. Of course chuck doesn't need to worry, he isn't an employee there, but a 5th grader.

You did it once again, Chuckalamadingdong...

Wow, you are really portraying your airline in a wonderful light with that potty mouth of yours. Oh, yeah, I'm sure you give the "best care in the air" with that wonderful attitude of yours. No wonder no one is defending you. You are the biggest pr!ck out here; but, then again, you already know that.

By the way, I noticed your new avitar. Is that what happened to you when you got your blanket party, or are you preparing for the beating you will get when management comes to you for a) more of your money, b) your seat, or c) your job. Be careful what you wish for to happen to others because you are next.

I feel sorry for the real MidEx pilots on this site. You are such a tool!

Oh, that's right. I forgot. You are only a 5th grader on dad's computer, son.

737 Pylt said:
Thanks for proving my point kid.. Time to get off your dad's computer. Its past 7:00pm chuck, its a school night. Good night kid, have a good time at 5th grade tomorrow. Bundle up, I understand it will be quite chilly tomorrow.
funny how chuck mentions the 1.3 billion. Yep its a lot of money. You never hear any DAL pilot mention its not a lot of money. But compare that to a company that has 33 airplanes, losing 27 mil in a quarter, I'd be worried if I were a midwest employee. Of course chuck doesn't need to worry, he isn't an employee there, but a 5th grader.

Again, another quote by a professional Delta pilot. Why are you on this board? Still crying because "Mean ole Chuck keeps putting us down."? Say what you want to about my company. Last I saw, Midwest is not about to go under. Yours is. Real soon, we will find out if you are full of it by caving and taking a huge pay cut, or you will strike and kill your company. You have drawn a line in the sand. Now shut the hell up and quit worrying what one pilot at a small company thinks about you. Now dry those tears and tell us all how good you have it. 1.3 BIIIIIIILLLLLIIIIIOOOOONNNNNN.

Last edited:
Boy Chuck, your a real piece of work. I cant wait until your pulling gear for Ty Webb on the 737. Should be a fun month for you.

You MidEx guys know the MD80/717 ground school instuctor with the initials DP? He was my neighbor for 7 years up in ORD. Great guy. Tell him his favorite AA pilot and former neighbor says hey next time you are in recurrent.

Unit
No More Snow Blowin For Me (MIA as of July)

AMRCostUnit said:
You MidEx guys know the MD80/717 ground school instuctor with the initials DP? He was my neighbor for 7 years up in ORD. Great guy. Tell him his favorite AA pilot and former neighbor says hey next time you are in recurrent.

Unit
No More Snow Blowin For Me (MIA as of July)

DP is a great guy and a very knowledgable instructor. I am sure he would love to hear from you.

Please ignore the punk; stop dignifying his nonsense w/ a response. I work for Airtran & all the friendly rivalry aside, I truthfully hope it works out. In terms of style, Airtran is no Delta but there’s always been enough business for everybody and, perhaps, given better management & an improving economy, things will start looking up. There is not a lot I could say to help the situation but to the extent I’ve been exposed to your pilot group (jumpseating), you’ve maintained nothing but a professional & a very respectful demeanor every single time and even in light of the latest. It’s easy to kick someone when they’re down & I’m surprised a 16-yr Midex veteran wouldn’t recognize bad karma if it hit him in the nutz. Good luck, gents, whatever your decision will be (a lot of people are watching) & it is only YOURS to decide. Either way, I can see your point of argument & if/when the opportunity presents itself, I just hope to show the same cohesiveness & solidarity…

crosscut said:
Please ignore the punk; stop dignifying his nonsense w/ a response. I work for Airtran & all the friendly rivalry aside, I truthfully hope it works out. In terms of style, Airtran is no Delta but there’s always been enough business for everybody and, perhaps, given better management & an improving economy, things will start looking up. There is not a lot I could say to help the situation but to the extent I’ve been exposed to your pilot group (jumpseating), you’ve maintained nothing but a professional & a very respectful demeanor every single time and even in light of the latest. It’s easy to kick someone when they’re down & I’m surprised a 16-yr Midex veteran wouldn’t recognize bad karma if it hit him in the nutz. Good luck, gents, whatever your decision will be (a lot of people are watching) & it is only YOURS to decide. Either way, I can see your point of argument & if/when the opportunity presents itself, I just hope to show the same cohesiveness & solidarity…

For all you Delta and Airtran people: This thread is not about you. It is about pilots who are interested in Midwest. With that said, READ THIS:
Delta People: I couldn't care less about your "situation". BLA BLA BLA. Go on strike, take a pay cut, who the hell cares. I don't. Go out of business. I DON'T CARE. I don't care about you, I don't care about your company, I don't care what happens to your family. I don't ride on you, I don't buy your product. Your company sucks. That is why it is "CHAPTER 11." Go whine somewhere else because again, I DO NOT CARE. I will be happy to compare Midwest stock price to Deltas any day. As for you Airtran people, go away. Everyone hates you. Me included.

This's what I meant. How can one argue with it? No reasoning or any coherent debate; just emotional attacks & insults.

Latest resources

Back