• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Message From UAL MEC Chariman

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It will be a cold day in hell when this CAL REP Goes To Management!
Will never happen!

Jayson Baron
EWR CAL CA Rep

Good to hear that, hopefully the rest of LEC and MEC officers follow. If so, I might just start believe in ALPA again. I know its perfectly legal but you know what would really turn some of us ALPA haters around? If all the union officers signed some sort of affidavit swearing that they will not take a management position for X number of years.

If anything, it's an even more precarious situatuion for Skywest now....

The 70+ seaters are going to continue to fly until a JCBA is attained. Looks to me (from the outside) like the groups are not keeping their eye on the ball.

Yeah so lets negotiate a contract that uses a concession-filled BK contract as a template.

What a moron

You might want to check a few facts before you shoot your mouth off. Section Three was ALREADY negotiated by BOTH negotiating committees, THEN the UAL MEC decided to renege. If you can't see this an anything other than a seniority grab, I can't help you.

Please see Section XI, Paragraph C.1 through C.4 of the Ground Rules For The Northwest-Delta Pilot Seniority Integration Arbitration:
XI. Joint Exhibits and Stipulations.

The following documents shall be considered Joint Exhibits and shall be submitted to the Board prior to the commencement of the arbitration:

C. 1., 2., 3 and 4. Northwest and Delta Pre-Merger and Combined Collective Bargaining and Retirement Agreements, and Delta LOA 19.

FDJ2, you are incorrect.

No actually you make my point.

I stated that arguments were made by both sides on pay rates, but that that the pay rates both pre merger and JCBA were inconsequential to the construction of the list.

IOW, you are wasting your breath and wasting an opportunity. Don't let it derail your merger.

Sign a seniority list process agreement that excludes JCBA pay rates from the discusion if it makes you feel better and then get on with it.

The 70+ seaters are going to continue to fly until a JCBA is attained. Looks to me (from the outside) like the groups are not keeping their eye on the ball.

Not CAL flying they won't. Matter of fact, better advise Skywest pilots not to bid any of it. Let the company assign it. That's the only way they can keep their names off a list... If the airplanes take off in the first place.

A list...ohhhhhh...noooo.... CAL knows about lists I think, see how bad it was for them.......the irony....

Is there a strike going on? A message from Nat'l talking of pilot not flying those new routes? etc etc etc? Where's the statement from the CAL mec regarding this?

More particularly, the CAL-MEC and its officers have advocated that the compensation proposal be crafted a certain way – specifically with regard to which aircraft are banded together – in the hopes of “leveling the playing field” and attempting to thwart our predominantly large wide body fleet.

Gee, perhaps if CAL would just give away scope like United has, then they could have a predominantly wide body fleet too!

CAL guys...I'm with you on this. I don't understand why UAL MEC is protecting 24 747s from the banding. Frankly we have bigger fish to fry...SCOPE and SCOPE. Get the contract, THE SCOPE, workrules and pay (figure the stupid rates out just look what DAL did) and then get the SLI done. I'm sick and tired of the bantering. The sooner we get a contract the sooner we get the teens back in the turboprops.

And all while the EWR rep plays a love triangle with the IAH sec. treasury against the IAH reps. running to his buddy the CAL MEC chairman to tell him the latest gossip. Outrageous!

JHFC are you delusional!

Ask yourself why the stories coming out of the BOD seem to align all to one side. Hell even other MEC's (SPA, XJT, DAL) have corroborated against the story being told by BS.

I guess that kool-aid the IAH reps have been pouring you tastes really good. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
East vs West all over again

Geez, this makes USAir/AWA merger look like a hop scotch contest. Can't wait to read about the outcome in the June 10, 2020 edition of the Wall Street Journal.

HA!

Latest resources

Back