• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba VS. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now I heard our mec asked and 9E pretty much "tabled" the discussion. I would like for the respective mec's to answer tse rumors. anyway it's to late to fix it. what's done is done.

Let's concentrate on the true battle. Those crooks in management.

Sounds like "brand scope" is a total failure.

Any comment on when XJ pilots were looking at going to 9E but nobody at 9E ALPA would consider it?

Please get your facts straight. Please contact your Chairman, Captain Wychor. I have personally discussed the issue of LOA 21 with him, and he has made it clear that the MSA MEC does not believe that the terms of that LOA should be activated at this point. At no time has the MSA MEC ever believed that the LOA should be activated to allow XJ pilots to come to PCL. There has never been a request by Captain Wychor or any other member of your MEC to even consider implementing this LOA up to this point.

Please get your facts straight. Please contact your Chairman, Captain Wychor. I have personally discussed the issue of LOA 21 with him, and he has made it clear that the MSA MEC does not believe that the terms of that LOA should be activated at this point. At no time has the MSA MEC ever believed that the LOA should be activated to allow XJ pilots to come to PCL. There has never been a request by Captain Wychor or any other member of your MEC to even consider implementing this LOA up to this point.

I'll comment on this. I was ON THE XJ MEC at that time. After the initial discussions were rebuffed by Wake Gordon and/or the 9E MEC, we decided it probably wasn't worth starting a legal fight with pilots who are supposed to be our brothers and sisters. So no, the formal request was never really made.

We should probably let this one die now since we are all having to fight the evil at NWA managment. Lets stick together for once.

The point I was trying to make was that when we made the offer to the 9E pilots, the conditions for the ALPA fragmentation policy to kick in TECHNICALLY had not been met. We took the high road and made the offer anyway. While the policy had probably TECHNICALLY not been met when we went to 9E for the reciprical part of the agreement, all we got in return was a bunch of legalease telling us that the conditions of LOA 21 had not been totally met. That is where the difference comes in. We were looking for a way to help our ALPA brothers, while they were looking for a way out of the LOA. How many would have went, I would guess probably almost none. It just would have been nice for 9E to make the offer.

The bottom line wasn't airframes, it was total block hours. When both MEC chairman and others did the math it didn't come close to achieving the trigger. Even Wychor agreed and that was the end of it. There was no need for a formal request from Mesaba or any type of denial by Pinnacle. It just wasn't there.

On another note, I'll walk the line with you guys anyday. I'm getting tired of the whipsaw.

Yes, this has been talked about way too much. XJ did not need to offer anything to the Express pilots. Nor did Pinnacle need to offer anything to XJ pilots.

I had forgotten about this whole historical event until it was brought up. Perhaps for some, it isn't important enough to put back on trial toward determining one pilot group's stance toward another. I say let sleeping dogs lie on this issue.

Latest resources

Back