• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba VS. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
... It's like Michigan and State. That's the simple truth. As long as the bitter whipsawing continues (compliments if Doug at NWA) a peace treaty between the 2 Airlink Red tails is highly unlikely. Tell me where I'm wrong.

And in the end, we all are Tigers fans then. Let's root together on the common denominator.

Its a fact that we weren't offered pref. interviews. Ask the 226 that were furloughed.

Again, even if there were, 9E wasn't in my future plans...neither were AWAC and XJET. Its kinda like in sports, if a guy gets knocked down, offer him a hand to get back up. Wether he takes it or not, its up to him.

The idea behind a "preferential" interveiw is that those affected would get an opportunity they normally wouldn't have much of a chance for. Every last furloughed Mesaba pilot could have a interview at PCL if they wanted one. It has been this way for years.

PCL doesn't hire low time pilots because they want to. They hire them because they need to.

Why Don't We All Stick Together, Quit Bickering About The Past, And Realize We Need To Stick Together Here If Anything Is Ever Going To Change. Which It Will Never As Long As You Fly For A Red Tail...

Did you apply? I just finished a furloughed XJer's IOE.

Most of us wanted noting else to do with the Northwest family after this bs started. Nothing against the PCL pilots, NWA land is just not a nice place.

Mesaba can operate up to 36 76 seaters without giving up 1/2 Capt and 1/2 FO seats. Pinnacle would have to give up the seats to get any of these jets.

The choice is quite simple. Either Mesaba and/or Pinnacle give up super seniority rights to NWA pilots for these jets in the event of a flowback, or the jets simply go to Compass where mainline furloughees have rights to 100% of the seats in the event of future furloughs.

Who said anything about super seniority? If an NWA pilot occupies a seat in one of these CRJ-900s, there is nothing in the NWA contract that says they get super seniority. I would imagine they would be the most junior.

What will happen to the seniority of Compass pilots if it gets sold to another airline? I don't think the NWA contract has a provision for this either, they just get to keep their seats.

All of this is irrelevant if nwa recalls quickly. Of course, NWA has 125ish DC-9s being replaced by RJs. So who knows.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back