• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba VS. Pinnacle

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
All I can say is: When do we get to shut this freaken place down? The latest I'm hearing is March/April!!!!

Been waiting FIVE PLUS YEARS for this! :)

36 CRJ's - 35 Avros - 1 CRJ (to compass)=no growth at XJ. After seeing both of the latest proposals being thrown around, I couldn't afford to and won't work there if I were called back. Absolutely dispicable what managment has done to that company.

Spanjers can kiss my hairy beanbag and I hope he gets crabs.

And don't forget, there used to be 60+ saabs, now reduced to 49.

And don't forget, there used to be 60+ saabs, now reduced to 49.

I've been waiting for someone to notice that one also. This isn't growth, 36 planes would be less shrinkage.

I noticed this back in Feb of 05 when I was hired. The new hire paperwork made it sound like XJ had well over 100 airplanes. Go to class to find out it was actually only 95 or so. Did those 60 or so Saabs inlcude the few from 9e? How many Saabs has XJ actually lost?

Within the last year Mesaba got rid of the 11 killer B's from 9E and the last three A-models, 027, 099, and 110. I believe that's an accurate count.

#2. Because of the QOL problems we are not getting the replacement pilots. The last couple of months we lost about 100 pilots. We were able to replace about 10 of them. So we can not take any more flying. With that, dont use us as your excuse for your future crappy contracts.

FWIW, as the EMBs are going to Compass, NWA furloughees have %100 of the seats reserved.

As NWA is purchasing/leasing the CRJs, NWA pilots own half those seats also.

Nu

NW can't get enough pilots to come back off furlough to fly dc 9s right now and is cancelling flights. I doubt any of them would fly emb capt for 66k. Even if NW decides to give some bottom feeder like Mesa ALL the regional flyng...who's gonna fly the planes...now all the kids who are at Jet University and ATP are all salivating....but the insurance companies don't let you START an airline with 1500 capts and 200 hour fo's and if the did...I would LOVE to ride along on the proving runs.....

This is getting interesting.... there is no shortage of qualified pilots....
just QUALIFIED pilots willing to work for these wages...plenty of UNQUALIFIED pilots willing to work for free..... Passengers beware....

Avro Clause

I believe that if those Crjs ever did come to xj that all the seats would be filled by xj pilots due to the same scope exception that has allowed us to fly the avros to begin with.

I noticed this back in Feb of 05 when I was hired. The new hire paperwork made it sound like XJ had well over 100 airplanes. Go to class to find out it was actually only 95 or so. Did those 60 or so Saabs inlcude the few from 9e? How many Saabs has XJ actually lost?

At the high point there were 36 AVROs, 49 B+ Saabs, 11 B- Saabs (from PNCL), and 23 A model Saabs. For a grand total of 119.

Latest resources

Back