Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

YourPilotFriend

YourPilotFriend
You just got 36 jets, now have at it. How low can you go?

After Pinnacle's picketing last night in Detroit Mesaba MEC Chairman Tom Wycor was given a pair of boxing gloves signed by almost 100 Pinnacle pilots as gift showing support for the Mesaba pilots in their "Fight" against this exact thing. Tom asked Pinnacle MEC Chairman Wake Gordon to come up to the podium and they each put one glove standing together and spoke about unity. There are pictures floating around some where.

We are organized and for the most part unified. The question now is ... what under paid pilot group is going to step in and operate these planes?

I'll take a stab...Mesa?

There are 96 additional options that will be converted to Q400s at a later date. No word on DC-9 replacements, which with this order seems highly unlikely.

None of this matters. Nothing counts until the planes (more than two, at least...) are painted and parked in your hanger, and 20 or so guys have gone through training. And none of that even counts until management goes back into their cages.

My wager is that the Mesaba pilot group will cave, in order for growth. Their union has already offered a 15% cut.

Sure, there are many people around that airline saying "Not one dime!" But, put them at a table with a ballot, and they will vote anything in that puts them in a different situation than what they currently are in.

weasels.

I trust that the Mesaba pilots will not cave. They are one of the most pissed off pilot groups I've seen lately (rightly so). Most not only will vote NO on concessions but will also for current book. Mesaba management has now painted themselves into the corner, and it's their problem now. They wanted a fight, I fear they have one. Good luck folks at Mesaba and hold the line.

Northwest won't be able to control Mesa or any other regional like they enjoy doing with Mesaba and PCL. It would definitely be a move that they would regret rather quickly.

Game On!

FWIW, as the EMBs are going to Compass, NWA furloughees have %100 of the seats reserved.

As NWA is purchasing/leasing the CRJs, NWA pilots own half those seats also.

Nu

Latest resources

Back