Mesaba to take another hit?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
de Pez said:
NW has announced it is cutting 30% of the departures out of MEM... Is that a contract bargaining tool also? No, it's the difference between being in the the red or the black. It's business, and making money is the bottom line. If the bean counters say a CRJ is cheaper than a ARJ, then so be it (from the mngmnt perspective).

Also, I'm not sure: "Bring it on on!" is a great rallying cry. I believe that was something originally said by George Custer, or was it Richard Nixon?

Good for you for being outside looking in. Let me guess. Mesaba to Fed Ex.

The Avros represent more than an airplane to Northwest. It represents concessionary scope protection from the Northwest pilots. The Northwest pilots agreed to have 36 Avros with 69 seats only to be flown by "Mesaba Aviation".

If Northwest management gets rid of the Avros, they will also lose this consesionary scope agreement from the pilots.

It makes perfect sense which is why so many of you don't get it. I would explain but I'd probably run out of room to post.

exdashdriver said:
cl-65- Nice avitar.
Wouldn't be a Fighting Sioux would it?
You bet! It's not because I'm a Blackhawks fan. UND alum.

mesaba2425 said:
It makes perfect sense which is why so many of you don't get it. I would explain but I'd probably run out of room to post.

Why don't you try.

mesaba2425 said:

Translation: I don't know what the F#$% I am talking about.....

I bet Mesaba2425 is some 16 year old who thinks he knows everything thats going on.....

Last I checked, there isn't a limit on how long a post is, so humor us...

I can.....

....tell you right now that this is one Pinnacle pilot who stands behind my Mesaba brothers 110%. If you guys have to play hard ball and ever go on strike, I'll pay into the fund every month. I'll also walk the line with you guys, if you'll have me.

Thake it from someone who used to do business with mgmt. every day this is a scare tactic -- pure and simple B.S.

KEEP THE FAITH!!!!!!!

Thanks tittyjet, and I think I can speak for all Mesaba pilots when I say we'll have your back when you guys are up to bat. Hopefully someday we'll all get to bat together as one.

Latest resources

Back