Mesaba Rapes Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Workin'Stiff,
Does that mean you have to do proving runs on flight simulator at home for the -700? :)

j3ben said:
Workin'Stiff,
Does that mean you have to do proving runs on flight simulator at home for the -700? :)

Have there been any furloughs on Virtual Mesaba Airlines???

Since you quoted me earlier, I though I'd add a little info. I'm not a AMFA drum beater. I do not believe in concessions. I was a chairman for the strike committee during our contract. Stop generalizing

We know who you are, <edit>.

Some are not walking off to change the industry. Not that nieve. Just sick of the bull$hit.

Last edited by a moderator:
KaptainKarl said:
We know who you are, <edit>.

Some are not walking off to change the industry. Not that nieve. Just sick of the bull$hit.

Naming someone on this board is juvenile. Grow up.

Last edited by a moderator:
PCL 128,

You are correct. However, Mesaba would be the perfect proving ground for this agruement. Don't you think that the company would be less likely to try taking concessions if they knew you would walk? I just can't see how a judge can force a pilot group to work for wages that will not pay the bills. Under these circumstances, a labor force cannot be forced to work for wages that will put them below the poverty level. This would be less of an issue at the majors where the compensation is considerable higher. I'm not sure but I would wager that Mesaba's pay isn't that much higher than the national median income. Either way, I hope you guys stand strong.

TinGoose1 said:
However, Mesaba would be the perfect proving ground for this agruement.

That's certainly true. If we're going to try this out, then trying it at a regional will get the most sympathy from a judge. It's hard to convince a judge that an FO making $23,000 needs a pay cut. Hopefully it won't come to this anyway.

I think that the gia pft'ers should walk out en masse. It would really show that they are willing to take one for the team. Gotta start reducing the pool of candidates somehow.

kmox29 said:
Don't you remember the NWA strike? Remember how they were going to "reward" us with a flow through for striking with them? That lasted until it was going to cost them something.

Were you even here during the NWA strike?

Latest resources

Back