Mesaba Rapes Labor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KaptainKarl said:
I love it. Pretty much sums up the attitude at XJ.

Read: I will biitch and moan, but when it comes down to it...... yess i need that check, small as it will be. I wanna work.

I love it, new hires, single guys with no responsibilities or married guys with responsibilites who has a wife making good cash calling all the people PU$$IES for not walking out on the job. You are a big man, Kaptain Karl. Just not that easy for sum people. Do what you need to do and let people do whats best for themselves.

Whoa!!
Back up. I got no problem with someone giving in, or settling, or caving, or "doing what's best for themselves". JUST DON'T COME ON THIS BOARD AND TELL EVERYONE YOU AREN'T GOING TO GIVE AN INCH. DON'T TELL US HOW TOUGH YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY IT. DON'T TELL US HOW READY TO WALK YOU ARE. DON'T EVEN THINK OF USING THE WORDS "walk, strike, close the doors, or not going to give"

Tell us " I am going to do what is best for myself. I am a person who thinks of myself and myself only. "

TinGoose1 said:
Someone posted that they think withdrawing service after a court injunction would be a violation of the law. Well, they were wrong. You have the right, after the courts impose the new concessions, to self help.
Actually, that's not a sure thing. This has never been tested in the courts before, so it's still up for debate. The airlines think that self-help is illegal in these cases, ALPA thinks it's legal. Both sides have their legal briefs prepared, so it's up to a judge to decide who's right. The law isn't exactly clear on the subject and there is no case law yet. We won't know the real answer until someone tries it.

KaptainKarl said:
Whoa!!

Tell us " I am going to do what is best for myself. I am a person who thinks of myself and myself only. "

Spoken like a true ALPA rep. I'm placing a wager at the local book here in Vegas, that Wychor throws ALL of the Fo's under the bus, to save what's left of the senior pilots careers.

KaptainKarl said:
Whoa!!
Back up. I got no problem with someone giving in, or settling, or caving, or "doing what's best for themselves".

That's nice to know. Interesting words you use to describe someone who takes a different approach than you.

KaptainKarl said:
JUST DON'T COME ON THIS BOARD AND TELL EVERYONE YOU AREN'T GOING TO GIVE AN INCH. DON'T TELL US HOW TOUGH YOU ARE GOING TO PLAY IT. DON'T TELL US HOW READY TO WALK YOU ARE. DON'T EVEN THINK OF USING THE WORDS "walk, strike, close the doors, or not going to give"

Since you quoted me earlier, I though I'd add a little info. I'm not a AMFA drum beater. I do not believe in concessions. I was a chairman for the strike committee during our contract. Stop generalizing.

KaptainKarl said:

Unless you live under a rock, this is how the industry works. Don't you remember the NWA strike? Remember how they were going to "reward" us with a flow through for striking with them? That lasted until it was going to cost them something.

If we walk, we walk. If not, then fine. My only point is that no one should believe that we are going to better the industry or make some sort of statement by walking off the job.

What Is Everyones Point?

This is a wonderful place to speak your mind, Keep it comming but the only one getting worked up over this is 1/100 th of the pilot group. Yea this sucks the major big one but what are you gonna do? If you can find something bigger and better, stop your bitchin and do it. I am in the same boat as all of you and until the fat lady is singing I will try to keep doin what I'm doin. When she sings, hopefully she doesn't suck.....This is the job, the industry, and look around.....we as pilots are not the only profession getting the shaft....

You think life is bad, turn on the 5:00 news and listen.......Our lifes seem a little better now don't they......?????????

KaptainKarl said:
Whoa!!

I don't get it, if you want me to do what you want me to do, aren't you only thinking of yourself? In the end, don't we do what is best for ourselves?

And, how do you know all the chest pounders don't mean what they say???? Can you verify this???

So long KaptainHOTKarl!

avrodriverj85 said:
Spoken like a true ALPA rep. I'm placing a wager at the local book here in Vegas, that Wychor throws ALL of the Fo's under the bus, to save what's left of the senior pilots careers.

He won't get the chance, they're going to do some fancy footwork, petition the judge to let them furlough out of order, thereby taking the highest paid out of the equation - Wychor may even be one of them!
Then they're going to exercise options on CRJ's (only they'll be 70 - 90 seaters), replace the DC-9's with eitheer us, or 9E in them, thereby reducing the # of seats in the market, while keeping their routes / slots open with cheaper everything! By the time we realize what is going on, it will already be too late and people like Wychor will have to either swallow their pride / principles and fly the bigger jets, to keep their jobs and income going or the SAAB will go very senior (not going to happen).
Think I'm talking out of my a$$??? Just wait, if you keep your ears open, listen to the Chief pilots, the training dept. and anyone who has been up north on training recently, then this scenario may be closer to the truth than you think!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone hear about the comment that slipped from a sim instructor at Bombarier recently??? Something about how he couldn't understand why we were training in a -200 when the remainder of our orders are to be filled with -700's.... All speculation, but curious if anyone else had heard that????

Latest resources

Back