• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Mgmt "Pleas for Sacrifice"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As of right now the average seniority is probably up, but if and when they possibly grow to say 1000 pilots every pilot they have to hire at year one will bring the average seniority down. I think that most of the guys and gals furloughed in the first round have moved on, but the latest round of furloughs are probably going to wait it out and see what happens. Most F.O's can really only do a lateral move and whats the point of getting yourself wet jumping from one sinking log to another. Plus if your furloughed why would you resign your number unless you are asked to by another airline. So most of the resignations Im guessing are from the 4-10 year range

Im sure a lot of the resignations are coming from guys that can move to greener fields, maybe not the most senior of the group but those that have the quals to go to say Southwest, Fedex, Airtran. The 7-10 year range seniority which makes a difference on the bottom line. Even if senior F.O's are leaving management is cheering. Thats one less guy that will upgrade to the 6year payscale verses a newby that would upgrade on the 2year or 3rd year payscale. I obviously don't agree with this style of management and hope that we can reach a deal that is beneficial to all XJ drivers but Im just saying that this whole campaign has been designed to force guys out. Maybe after they reach there quotas they will just say OK, current book thanks for playing. Spanjers will finally put his reading glasses on and say "Oh ya I guess that is black ink we have been making money this whole time"

XJ-spartacus said:
Actually, I believe that with increased resignations the average seniority will increase. It's not the top guys who are leaving this company, it's the middle of the pack and semi-junior guys who are moving out. With fewer pilots, mainly super senior and low seniority guys the average will increase. I hope this back fires on our SLT. The only way Spanjiers will get the message is for our pilot group to deliver it to him.

-Spartacus

Take a look at history. NW shrunk 9e to about 230 pilots before growing them out to over 1200. What does that mean?? Other than about 200 or so pesky experienced pilots at PCL, the majority are in the 0-3 year range. That equals pretty darn low pay even with a good regional contract. I can't imagine that this situation is much different from 1998 at Express Airlines I, Inc. (now PCL)

Same crap
different day....
different property....

How long was 9E beat down before growth started again? Was it 97 with crj's in 00? I wonder what the plan is for planes. 70+ seat jets/props or both? Plus how does Compass play into the game now?

Whataboutbob said:
Maybe after they reach there quotas they will just say OK, current book thanks for playing.

Yeah, but the whole pilot group is so pissed off that even if Spanky offered current book, we'd probably still strike and shut the place down.

n32jk said:
Take a look at history. NW shrunk 9e to about 230 pilots before growing them out to over 1200. I can't imagine that this situation is much different from 1998 at Express Airlines I, Inc. (now PCL)

Express didn't start out with 1000 pilots when the shrinking by NWA started.
So shrinking to 200 pilots at express doesn't equel the same number at Xj.
But I do agree that the idea by nwa is the same.

Monster Buck said:
Express didn't start out with 1000 pilots when the shrinking by NWA started.
So shrinking to 200 pilots at express doesn't equel the same number at Xj.
But I do agree that the idea by nwa is the same.

I believe it had been at around 400 though......

I just heard a rumor today that Mesaba management is going to impose their 19% paycuts within a ten day time frame. Is there any truth to that?

If that were true, I see it as management committing suicide, plane and simple.

redflyer65 said:
I just heard a rumor today that Mesaba management is going to impose their 19% paycuts within a ten day time frame. Is there any truth to that?

I think a little judge that just landed on my shoulder may not allow that to happen...

MM

I wonder what managements next move will be? Im guessing they will use this as a chance to save face and ask the union to talk. Soon after meeting they will work toward a middle ground and they will continue to say they need 19.4% but they are willing to give a little since they really need to secure that financing. Soon a T.A will be reached. And NWA will give the green light to XJ management since they know that after they call back all the furloughed flight attendants under the imposed terms and only a quarter come back they are going to reach a T.A with that union. Everything will finally be in place and a/c orders will be announced. Just one mans perspective, you have to remember I only majored in basket weaving with a minor in raquetball.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back