• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Mgmt "Pleas for Sacrifice"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You guys stick to your guns and let the place shut down. All airline management are ranked somewhere between whale ******************** and adlof hitler. They can all piss up a flag pole the lot of them. That goes for any airline. I say let them all tank!

If you guys give in, your "status" in the industry will be lower than MESA and Skywest (90 seaters on 50 seat pay). Stick to your guns or let it burn!!!!!!!!!!

Men, (and some Ladies), It is time to shut this place down.

Many feel this way.

Why won't the union speak up, and stop their campaign of "We think we can work this out...we will be taking cuts...but it will be better in the future." I'm tired of that.

SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN.

Once you do, Spanjers will be out of a job, and forever be known as the President that was a loser to labor. Not a good title for someone when they are looking for another job.

On Your Six said:
If you guys give in, your "status" in the industry will be lower than MESA and Skywest (90 seaters on 50 seat pay). Stick to your guns or let it burn!!!!!!!!!!

Sad thing is, although it will me a moral victory for all the great people at Mesaba, nothing in the industry will change.

I would love to be there after Spanjers floats down on his golden parachute so I can challenge him to a Reaxchambo (sp?) competition.

The sad part is if (big if) mgt accepts athe union offer and then it is ratified by the pilots XJ will still be 'lowering the bar', crossing the line in the sand, add whatever stupid piece of crap union slogan here. 5% pay cut puts XJ below industry avg and in my opinion unacceptable. XJ made money I believe can make money with what they already have. Just a case of them trying to get all the golden eggs at one time (chocking the chicken ha), or what ever stupid mother goose saying works here. The vote of noconfidence speaks for me. if I could i'd vote no until mgt walks without the hard earned money of xj then maybe consider some options.

legally, i believe to negotiate in good faith they have to try to work it out, using tactics that will get us a deal we can live with. They cannot just try to shut the place down. I am sure the union reps know that everyone is pissed and will not undercut the industry to get more planes. They just have to play the game. To my knowledge, i have already taken a pay cut! going from a line holder to reserve, then to training, then back on reserve. I think thats already a 15%-20% pay cut, while the management team has not taken one cent of a pay cut. So, i will say, i will say no to then imposing any deal they have offered! I have said it in a different thread, but someone should write up a generic resignation letter with spaces open for name, seniority number and date or even when the last day of work will be. for expample...

I___________, seniority number________ offer my resignation two weeks after the day Mesaba airlines changes or imposes different work rules and payto the current contract. If this were done, would they impose? The union could organize this, and show the company the stack of resignations, no names would get to the company until they impose, but the threat would be there.

Good faith bargaining is a two way street. Take take take is not acceptable hence the lack of bargaining. This letter from Spanjers is bullcrap. You want a deal call the union negotiators and get serious, don't put out some crappy memo and a press release hoping to sway my beliefs. Mesaba mgt is killing the company not the unions!

I read the special issue News Launch. All the talk is simply a rehash of all the doom and gloom we've heard up until now. I have to jump on the bandwagon here. Let the place burn. Then at least I'd be released of my seniority and free to pursue whatever I could get my hands on. My 6+ years is the only thing keeping me here. In my gut I know that if Mesaba miraculously turns around and takes delivery of aircraft as fast as Pinnacle did at their prime, I could be in good shape rather quickly. At the same time, "quickly" is a relative term. Where's my beer? BTW, Spandex sure looks upset in that picture in the article.
MM

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back