Mesaba Mgmt "Pleas for Sacrifice"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
kmox29 said:
Sad thing is, although it will me a moral victory for all the great people at Mesaba, nothing in the industry will change.

I would love to be there after Spanjers floats down on his golden parachute so I can challenge him to a Reaxchambo (sp?) competition.

B.S. ! Because the the Mesaba guys will go get better jobs that pay more.

kngarthur said:
B.S. ! Because the the Mesaba guys will go get better jobs that pay more.

I hope so...I really hope the best for everyine I knew and everyone I didn't get a chance to meet at XJ. However, the death of Mesaba will not change a Mesa, Go Jet, or Gulfstream race to the bottom. That was my point.

But, if you can tell me how a Mesaba guy getting a better paying job will stop the race to the bottom, the crooked airline managements, and the sham bankruptcies and holding companies...I'd be glad to listen.

I personally hope XJ folks get to burn the place to the ground. I friggin' HATE the SLT.

kmox29 said:
I personally hope XJ folks get to burn the place to the ground. I friggin' HATE the SLT.

Lets look at what SLT stands for.
S= Senior ...well most of these clods have been here for less than 5 years...not very senior
L= leadership...I think that speaks for itself...they have never led and will never lead...the puppet master (NWA) sees to that
T= Team..here is what Webster says about that word
Main Entry: 2team
Function: adjective
: of or performed by a team <a team effort>; also : marked by devotion to teamwork rather than individual achievement <a team player>

pixt.gif
I see absolutely zero team in the puppets "running" the show.

The cancer that is NWA management has completely isolated itself at XJ.

I hope we at xj can stand fast and tell the SLT to shove any and all proposals .we gave them a fair growth contract now deal with it.I for one could not look another pilot in the face from another carrier knowing that we had lowered the bar...screw em...let it burn

Here how to fixe the pay cut issue:
-Make sure you keep block or better.
-Take the % of pay cut ie 9% multiple by 2 = 18%
-Now over block your leg by an average of 18% and you got yourself a 9% pay raise!!!

fieldinsight said:
well since mgmt bonuses were handed out a couple weeks ago, there still no shared sacrifice. spanjers still doesn't understand that he and the SLT need to LEAD BY EXAMPLE!

do you have any links to articles about the bonuses they were paid out?

Der ist nicht to do mit our bonuses, you schweinhund pilots! I am Der Spongenbooben! You vill give to me all your monies! Schnell!

Last edited:
Star Tribune said:
Bankrupt Mesaba Airlines, losing money at the rate of $1 million per week, made a direct appeal...

Let's clarify where Mesaba might be losing $1M a week to:
1. downsizing the AVRO fleet; increased training costs, which are temporary.
2. inadequate staffing resulting in numerous cancelled flights
3. inadequate staffing resulting in inefficient crew staffing models
4. paying to staff an spokeswoman - for an airline this size???
5. OH YEAH, STILL PAYING THAT WORTHLESS "MANAGEMENT FEE" to MAIR???

The Transporter sums it all with this extremely valid reminder:
The Transporter said:
...we gave them a fair growth contract now deal with it...

ImbracableCrunk said:
Der ist nicht to do mit our bonuses, you schweinhund pilots! I am Der Spongenbooben! You vill give to me all your monies! Schnell!

That's freaking AWESOME.

I could see Colonel Klink saying that... "Spoonnnngebobbbbbb!!??? Zree veeks in zu koolah!"

Terry Hunter said:
4. paying to staff an spokeswoman - for an airline this size???

I haven't even thought of this angle. What else can a 49 aircraft airline do with out? I will start it out:

-soc that puts NASA to shame
-A brand new G.O. and training facility
-2 huge maintenence hangars in MSP and DTW along with all the maintence being outsourced.

p.s. I am on furlough, so I am a bit out of the loop. What is going on with the CRJ lines, and the "multi-class bid" that wasn't granted by the union?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back