• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba Mgmt "Pleas for Sacrifice"

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Company propaganda machine is in full swing. The message to the "colleagues" was released to the media and it's been published in several papers across the country. One of the major items it doesn't mention is that less than two weeks ago $1.6 million in bonuses was paid out to management positions including the CP's (straight from the horse's mouth).

Let me see - we're losing $1 million a week and they paid out $1.6 million about a week and a half ago. Well, that covers the loss for that time period. Now, can the public and the media possibly start blaming something else besides labor for the problem with this airline?! What a crock!

Stand firm gang - the last big push is happening now.

Last edited:
Well, I pray that ALPA broadcasts this extravagant bonus information just as aptly as the company spews thier propaganda. It probably wouldn't hurt to let all the relevant judges know about it, as well.

How does one go about becoming management anyway. Will a B.S. Business Administration do it or at least an MBA? I'm not thinking of becoming a tool but I want to know where these people come from! What are their backgrounds?

Andrew_VT said:
How does one go about becoming management anyway. Will a B.S. Business Administration do it or at least an MBA? I'm not thinking of becoming a tool but I want to know where these people come from! What are their backgrounds?

They are recycled through the industry. The start of one's airline management career can be traced to their very first business disaster. Most businesses, with the exception of government agencies, require performance and results. The shareholders demand it as do your customers.

When the future airline management jacks up something at company "X", he is let go and gets a job with regional airline "A" in strategic cost management or some such crap. He then will climb the cubicle ladder until he reaches his greatest level of incompetence. Then he will change job titles, perhaps even airlines, until he rinses and repeats. This person will now have to stay with the airlines as a career. Since all airlines are broke or claim to be, a reputable company will not hire on someone lacking the ability to make the company profitable. Most CEO's do not want their managers only claims to fame to be:
1. The employees distrust me.
2. My company never made a dime while I had something to say about it.

Dodge said:
They are recycled through the industry. The start of one's airline management career can be traced to their very first business disaster. Most businesses, with the exception of government agencies, require performance and results. The shareholders demand it as do your customers.

When the future airline management jacks up something at company "X", he is let go and gets a job with regional airline "A" in strategic cost management or some such crap. He then will climb the cubicle ladder until he reaches his greatest level of incompetence. Then he will change job titles, perhaps even airlines, until he rinses and repeats. This person will now have to stay with the airlines as a career. Since all airlines are broke or claim to be, a reputable company will not hire on someone lacking the ability to make the company profitable. Most CEO's do not want their managers only claims to fame to be:
1. The employees distrust me.
2. My company never made a dime while I had something to say about it.

Aah but you forget that without the steady hand of______ (insert Airline CEO here) navigating the post 9/11 waters your airline would have gone under long ago. The perfect storm of 9/11, rising oil and the absolute need for cost cutting has created a scenario were only the best and brightest are able to lead at________(insert your airline here) These brave men are true visionaries.

Why just look at MAIR's Mr P. Fooly. While it may appear he does nothing and under his watch XJ has shrunk to half its size and at the same time the stock price is less than half what it was when he took over. The truth is he has managed to buy a airline..(big sky) .which may appear to be a looser...well it has lost money ever since he bought it. The truth is it is not his fault and I am sure he will make it all work. Look at his plans for a cargo operation with the SAAB's..sure it never actually worked...what a brilliant concept it was...surely that was worth his 1.3 million dollar salary.

Yes we can all rest easy with his steady hand on the tiller of MAIR. I only hope that all airline employees have such a brilliant man at the helm.

Andrew_VT said:
Knowing someone or sometimes it's political.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back