• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba in KATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oh, stop it already. You know you want all the ATL flying. It will help you in Snow-Town, Mo-Town, or No-Town. Plus you will provide a better product. You guys could probable provide a better product for the 777. I mean you all have the best safety record in North America, right?

Tell the truth.

OK, I will bite on this one. First I want to make it clear that you work for or you use to work for Pinnacle that once was called Express 1.

I am not gloating that we have the best safety record in the industry, but I think it is pretty good. I can say that Mesaba has not had a loss of life....EVER....in their company history. Nor has a pilot had a loss of airframe. I say pilot because there is a lossed airframe that a mechanic caused that sits at the approach end of 36L in MEM.

I don't work at Pinnacle, but can you tell me what kind of safety record Pinnacle has.

And I agree that airline culture has a lot to do with a safety record.

15 year Contract. Began end of 2005 I believe. Nobody's read it, as it's behind vaulted doors. There are some highlights to it that mgmt publishes once in awhile. But there are 2 main trigger points. At the end of 5 years, ASA must be the 2nd cheapest in the DCI portfolio. (ASA gets first right of refusal and/or can match competitor like XJT did with Continental) Additionally, our performance must remain above a certain level. I don't know what those levels are, however, if they're the DCI Goals (incentive money goals), then ASA has met them since Feb and continues to. 99.3% for completion. 88% for On Time, etc.

Trojan

Nice. And that is a great peice to argue on as to why you guys need to retain flying.

I have been at Mesaba since early 98 and have seen contracts come and go. That is all I am saying. They are great argueing points, but can never be written in stone.

As we start to show up in ATL let me be the first to say that here at Mesaba our list holds some very junior pilots. Anybody at Mesaba that has been on the property less than 2-3 years feel free to harass. They don't know much and need a good arse kicking. Even the captains. These guys and girls have no clue what kind of punishment mother Northwest now Delta can hand down. They have only heard the stories and like to tell thier fellow buddies what kind of beat down we have gotten. When in fact they have never seen a beat down before.

And for you Mesaba Pilots that have been here at XJ for less than three years. Keep your mouth shut on this board about Mesaba and our history. You have no idea what is happening at ASA, Comair and the rest. For our time is coming again, and when we do get our arse's handed to us then you may comment. Other than that, shut your hole and just apologize for what is being handed to us.

For the guys at Mesaba that has been around longer than 3 years. Just remeber how we felt.

ASA's performance numbers have hit well over the mins. since Feb. We'll see, but I doubt it.

Trojan

did the contract say for just months after feb, or all months? if the numbers weren't there, was there a limit to get back on?

Nice. And that is a great peice to argue on as to why you guys need to retain flying.

I have been at Mesaba since early 98 and have seen contracts come and go. That is all I am saying. They are great argueing points, but can never be written in stone.

As we start to show up in ATL let me be the first to say that here at Mesaba our list holds some very junior pilots. Anybody at Mesaba that has been on the property less than 2-3 years feel free to harass. They don't know much and need a good arse kicking. Even the captains. These guys and girls have no clue what kind of punishment mother Northwest now Delta can hand down. They have only heard the stories and like to tell thier fellow buddies what kind of beat down we have gotten. When in fact they have never seen a beat down before.

And for you Mesaba Pilots that have been here at XJ for less than three years. Keep your mouth shut on this board about Mesaba and our history. You have no idea what is happening at ASA, Comair and the rest. For our time is coming again, and when we do get our arse's handed to us then you may comment. Other than that, shut your hole and just apologize for what is being handed to us.

For the guys at Mesaba that has been around longer than 3 years. Just remeber how we felt.
Thank you for a post with class.

did the contract say for just months after feb, or all months? if the numbers weren't there, was there a limit to get back on?

Again, nobody knows the specifics except my guess is ASA execs, and SkyWest Inc. I do know that Delta is extremely pleased with ASA's performance and Jerry A. and Richard A. were pretty chummy a few months ago at a Regional Association meeting. That's not to say anything could change at any given moment, but Jerry A. and Company know what they're doing. If there is a problem or ongoing problem, they WILL fix it. They've done more for ASA since BH got here, then the 12 years I've been at ASA previously.

Don't go doom and gloom on me. Yes it's a cutthroat business but ASA is positioned to continue on as a Delta Connx Carrier and other Carriers as well. That's straight from BH. That's why we need to continue to provide an extremely reliable product and BH and Co. will get our costs down. No doubt there.

Trojan

OK, I will bite on this one. First I want to make it clear that you work for or you use to work for Pinnacle that once was called Express 1.

I am not gloating that we have the best safety record in the industry, but I think it is pretty good. I can say that Mesaba has not had a loss of life....EVER....in their company history. Nor has a pilot had a loss of airframe. I say pilot because there is a lossed airframe that a mechanic caused that sits at the approach end of 36L in MEM.

I don't work at Pinnacle, but can you tell me what kind of safety record Pinnacle has.

And I agree that airline culture has a lot to do with a safety record.

Ok, I'll bite. Express Airlines 1 is PCL. Express 1 was a USPS contract cargo carrier. I'm not trying to get the "ups" on you, just trying to keep it clear.

I will agree that XJ's safety record is what you claim.

I will agree that PCL has no room to talk about their safety record, because it is nothing to be proud of.

I will agree that airline culture has a lot to do with a safety record.

Now, can I get a "pro-post pat on the back".

Ok, I'll bite. Express Airlines 1 is PCL. Express 1 was a USPS contract cargo carrier. I'm not trying to get the "ups" on you, just trying to keep it clear.

I will agree that XJ's safety record is what you claim.

I will agree that PCL has no room to talk about their safety record, because it is nothing to be proud of.

I will agree that airline culture has a lot to do with a safety record.

Now, can I get a "pro-post pat on the back".

Arggg....You are right. Express 1 was cargo and you guys were just Express.

New South, you are the man! I give you pro-post kudos. I give the respect to the older 9E guys that they all deserve. You guys have had your noses in the mud since your last contract in 01 that got you the inital CRJ's.

Latest resources

Back