• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba in KATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
wasn't the 80 percent part of the atl flying based on perf nums? since the numbers weren't there, that 80 percent doesn't really mean much. not my fight, but I did see a forum about it earlier. delta will find a way out of the 80 percent

Delta's CEO has a long history with Mesaba and respects what our company will now bring to the table; a safe, economical and reliable regional carrier for the new Delta. It's as simple as that

The new chest thumpers on the block, thats some funny stuff!

No one is gloating, just stating the facts. My statements are based on "fairly credible" information. I'll say it again: Delta Airlines Inc. wants Mesaba's new base in ATL to be a large as the DTW base as soon as possible. What is so hard to understand about that?

Looks like XJ is going to slash their presence in DTW huh? It all makes sense now. :bomb:

Well this ALPA "brotherhood" is working out just great now....isn't it....:uzi:

Welcome to Atlanta Mesaba.
Welcome to holding for no reason..
Welcome to having your ontime factor down the tubes....
Welcome to the armpit of the south....
:bomb:
I hear GoJets is hiring...maybe you would be more happy there.

wasn't the 80 percent part of the atl flying based on perf nums? since the numbers weren't there, that 80 percent doesn't really mean much. not my fight, but I did see a forum about it earlier. delta will find a way out of the 80 percent

ASA's performance numbers have hit well over the mins. since Feb. We'll see, but I doubt it.

Trojan

ATL the armpit of the south? Hardly! That glorious title hands down, MUST go to MEM.

As for XJ in ATL - the only thing we KNOW is that there will be some saab flying, there will be some 900 flying and as of now noo base. So this size of DTW and gloating BS is just that.... BS.

Once again... thanks for the welcome to DCI. Mesaba wasn't born yesterday and neither were the crews. It's not as if this new found XJ fortune is because we're all wet behind the ears and were spawned from Ch11 and this merger. I think we can handle the rigors of ATL and what games DL and DCI will play.

More than half our pilot group is less than 2 years old. From there it takes a sharp curve up on longevity.

No one is gloating, just stating the facts. My statements are based on "fairly credible" information. I'll say it again: Delta Airlines Inc. wants Mesaba's new base in ATL to be a large as the DTW base as soon as possible. What is so hard to understand about that? Delta's CEO has a long history with Mesaba and respects what our company will now bring to the table; a safe, economical and reliable regional carrier for the new Delta. It's as simple as that.

I hope you are kidding with this post because if you are not...This is exactly what Tarzan is talking about being wet behind the ears.

If you believe we have a long relationship with Delta and that Delta respects us or whatever we bring to the table...LOL, you are one niave S.O.B.

I expect Delta to honor their DCI Contract. What percentage of that 20% cut will XJ get?

Trojan

Here is another great believer. Let me be the first to tell you that contracts only mean that their is a speed bump before change. That is it. Period, end of story. Do not pin any expectations on a contract that you believe exists and written in stone.

And for the record I don't believe that you have ever read it, and have only heard about it via crew room chatter. If you have read it (for the record, I have not read it or have ever seen it either) I am sure their is all kinds of exit clauses in it.

Here is another great believer. Let me be the first to tell you that contracts only mean that their is a speed bump before change. That is it. Period, end of story. Do not pin any expectations on a contract that you believe exists and written in stone.

And for the record I don't believe that you have ever read it, and have only heard about it via crew room chatter. If you have read it (for the record, I have not read it or have ever seen it either) I am sure their is all kinds of exit clauses in it.

15 year Contract. Began end of 2005 I believe. Nobody's read it, as it's behind vaulted doors. There are some highlights to it that mgmt publishes once in awhile. But there are 2 main trigger points. At the end of 5 years, ASA must be the 2nd cheapest in the DCI portfolio. (ASA gets first right of refusal and/or can match competitor like XJT did with Continental) Additionally, our performance must remain above a certain level. I don't know what those levels are, however, if they're the DCI Goals (incentive money goals), then ASA has met them since Feb and continues to. 99.3% for completion. 88% for On Time, etc.

Trojan

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back