• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba in KATL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And Delta's DCI Contract requires ASA to do 80% of the Connection flying out of Atlanta. If ASA is a great example of how Delta runs wholly owneds, then Mesaba will learn. Don't get me wrong here, welcome to the ATL. Delta will siphon any and all money that Mesaba makes, and will give you just enough to survive and operate. Just ask the Comair guys how it is to be owned by Delta. Maybe if you're really lucky, Delta will send some of their Managers over to make the whole process complete. Need I give you a resume of how Skip Barnette (ASA), Brian Lebrecque(ASA), John Selveggio (Comair), and anybody else who ran these Companies fared?

Trojan

Wow, what a great lesson: Our corporate owners will suck every nickle from our operation, and leave us hanging. Never heard of that before...

Oh wait, yeah, we had that bankruptcy thing, where MAIR (where are they now?) sucked a hundred million or so away from us, and then we had to declare BK, because we were soooo pooooor, when all of our money was sitting as cash in the bank just one shell corporation away.

Look guys, we get it, we aren't all new to the industry.

NEWSFLASH:

Delta is giving us flying right now because doing so is the option which gives them the biggest bonus checks. When that is no longer the case, Delta will slash us to the bone and give the flying somewhere else.

We've spent way more time as the red-headed step child than as the golden boy.

Been there, done that, and the wheels keep turning round and round.

Last edited:
Wow, what a great lesson: Our corporate owners will suck every nickle from our operation, and leave us hanging. Never heard of that before... Oh wait,
yeah, we had that bankruptcy thing, where MAIR (where are they now?) sucked a hundred million or so away from us, and then we had to declare BK, because we were soooo pooooor, when all of our money was sitting as cash in the bank just one shell corporation away. Good thing we have these DCI vets to educate us.

Apparently you need educating if you aren't aware of the 80% DCI agreement in effect for the next 11 and a half years. That means 20% for everyone else. What will your cut be?

Trojan

This is gonna be so much fun!!!!

Mesaba, the proudest pilot group in North America. XJ has always been a better pilot group then PCL and always will be. But now, Mesaba is better then ASA, Comair, and Skywest. I can't wait for XJ pilots to school the rest of the DCI carriers. They are the best you know. Sooo much fun!!!

XJ has finally found someone else to educate. They don't win, they win big. They go big. They really should be mainline you know. Sooo much fun!!!! Yes, baby....yes!

Can I dig the grave? Please!

Flybywire is right about the turboprop holding....With very few exceptions, when the jets were holding, the turboprops would come right in under you guys. ATL approach sets in trail separation for jets and for turboprops....when there are only a few turboprops coming in....you hardly ever hold.

I stand corrected. We had to hold back in the Brasilla days, haven't been on a TP sinc then.

Apparently you need educating if you aren't aware of the 80% DCI agreement in effect for the next 11 and a half years. That means 20% for everyone else. What will your cut be?

Trojan

Um, I agree with you. I don't want your flying. I'm not concerned with what amount of the 20% of ATL flying goes to XJ. I do know about ASA's agreement for 80%. I don't want to work in ATL, personally.

I also know that XJ has no control over what Delta does, and don't think we are guaranteed anything from anyone. I agree that all regional airlines only answer to the mainlines they serve.

Did you read my posts?

Last edited:
Um, I agree with you. I don't want your flying. I'm not concerned with what amount of the 20% of ATL flying goes to XJ. I do know about ASA's agreement for 80%. I don't want to work in ATL, personally.

I also know that XJ has no control over what Delta does, and don't think we are guaranteed anything from anyone. I agree that all regional airlines only answer to the mainlines they serve.

Did you read my posts?

Oh, stop it already. You know you want all the ATL flying. It will help you in Snow-Town, Mo-Town, or No-Town. Plus you will provide a better product. You guys could probable provide a better product for the 777. I mean you all have the best safety record in North America, right?

Tell the truth.

AWWWWW C'mon!!!

I'll just come out and say it.

It sucks big dirty butts that XJ, Peanuckle, Skywest and whomever else are in the ATL doing flying that ASA should be doing!!!

Oh yeah... Comair, Mesa and sheetytaco too!!!

Time for a Coke sing-a-long commercial now.

Let's all share a crew lounge!!!!

blah blah blahh

My airline can beat up your airline!!!

Thanks you Tarzan and the rest of the DCI boyz for reminding me and many XJ pilots exactly what contract 2001-2004 and Ch11 was all about. It must have escaped our minds, how fun those years were.

Don't lecture any Mesaba pilot on how we got where we are today. We know very well, since we are carrying those sacrifices on our backs, everyday. So, who the heck are you to educate us as to the reasonings behind the current state of affairs at XJ?

Where were the rest of the regional pilots when Mesaba shrank, sacrificed and saw its darkest days? Oh, that's right... growing, prospering, riding the wave and furthering their careers. Now that it's our turn, the rest of our "brothers" throw rocks, call us sell outs, treat us like job stealers, undercutters and lecture US on how the industry works? That's rich.

First, I'm not knocking you guys on this stuff. I am knocking the attitudes of how XJ is taking on a new DCI flying. Other than that, Welcome. I'm not going back to see who posted that it wasn't due to CH 11. It was that which gave the rates that make you guys an attractive work force for Delta right.

Second... Sacrifice? Hardly. That stuff was forced on the XJ pilot group due to reorganization. If you want me to acknowledge it as sacrifice, I'll be happy to toss the Mesa name your way. However, it wasn't the case. I don't begrudge Pinnacle their flying either. They haven't taken one for the team to get the planes. They stuck to their guns. You guys didn't have the choice. It is what it is. Lighten up with the Holier than Thou BS.

Latest resources

Back