• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba/Colgan guys, some 9E news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry if you took my comment personally. It was only intended to further your post. You stated the 9E union has been unwilling to stand and fight, and I stated XJs union is strong and willing to see the process through. My statements were not meant to imply your abilities, willingness, or union involvement.

Of the grandpa comment, I took it as senior and not old. I'm proud of my seniority at XJ. I'm ready to move on, but feel I'm in a good situation however this merger works out.

Actually I said, and meant that our PILOTS were not willing to fight. I generally support our current union leadership with a few exceptions. They are trying really hard. But they are fighting an incompetent and ruthless enemy. Not a good combination when we live in a country that gives all of the legal power to such a ridiculously stupid bunch of mismanagers.

Our union isn't the primary problem, it is our pilots that cut any bargaining power out from under them by picking up the pieces of this company everyday, instead of letting them fail on their own short comings. At least until they bargain in good faith.

Lets move on.

9E mgmt. Would be hard pressed to staff 61 aircraft with NO pilots taking an "Employment Opportunity."

You might want to research how the LOA came about. PM me and I will put you in touch with several of them that would tell you they were not screwed in the deal. Also, your arguments show your willingness to screw those same pilots again, plus several others that had nothing to do with that LOA. Nice.

I am telling you this as a friend, although you are correct that it would be difficult to staff those planes, NEVER underestimate the greed and stupidity of the 9E decision makers. They just might try it.

Actually I said, and meant that our PILOTS were not willing to fight. I generally support our current union leadership with a few exceptions. They are trying really hard. But they are fighting an incompetent and ruthless enemy. Not a good combination when we live in a country that gives all of the legal power to such a ridiculously stupid bunch of mismanagers.

Our union isn't the primary problem, it is our pilots that cut any bargaining power out from under them by picking up the pieces of this company everyday, instead of letting them fail on their own short comings. At least until they bargain in good faith.

Lets move on.

One last thing on this....

Your pilots... Are your union. It's not made up of the individuals that step up and volunteer, but rather every pilot on the property. You must all be moving in a coordinated direction to have a strong union. If not you are doomed to fail.

Think of an army. It cannot win if it is made up of just officers. It needs the grunts on the ground doing the legwork, down to the cook, to win the war. If they are fighting more amongst themselves, than they are the enemy, how could they ever win?

We all have a personal responsibility in this. We need to be working together, in an allied front. But first EVERYONE must accept that we will not screw the other group in integration and stop looking for personal gain in this.

Editorial note: This is not saying that you are not involved, nor trying to screw anyone. It is meant as a statement of my frustration on the buddy f..ing I read into some of these posts in this thread. Non of which came from you.

One last thing on this....

Your pilots... Are your union. It's not made up of the individuals that step up and volunteer, but rather every pilot on the property. You must all be moving in a coordinated direction to have a strong union. If not you are doomed to fail.

Think of an army. It cannot win if it is made up of just officers. It needs the grunts on the ground doing the legwork, down to the cook, to win the war. If they are fighting more amongst themselves, than they are the enemy, how could they ever win?

We all have a personal responsibility in this. We need to be working together, in an allied front. But first EVERYONE must accept that we will not screw the other group in integration and stop looking for personal gain in this.

Editorial note: This is not saying that you are not involved, nor trying to screw anyone. It is meant as a statement of my frustration on the buddy f..ing I read into some of these posts in this thread. Non of which came from you.

Yes, I agree. I was specifically telling you which component of our army was deficient.

But I also have seen nothing from xj pilots bit excessive effort to be on time and excessive taxi speeds relative to the situation we find ourselves in. You will discover that it is not helping our fight in about 9 days. Unfortunately, our pilots do the same. I guess no one has a problem with 6 years of negotiating.

But I also have seen nothing from xj pilots bit excessive effort... Unfortunately, our pilots do the same. I guess no one has a problem with 6 years of negotiating.

This isn't meant to belittle, but I honestly believe the Mesaba pilot group wouldn't have gone the 6 years that you guys have. I fly with some pretty militant guys and gals. ASA showed you what you needed to do in september 2007 when they "got" their contract. How is ASA different than PCL?

Remember this?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=102765&highlight=ASA+campaign

This isn't meant to belittle, but I honestly believe the Mesaba pilot group wouldn't have gone the 6 years that you guys have. I fly with some pretty militant guys and gals. ASA showed you what you needed to do in september 2007 when they "got" their contract. How is ASA different than PCL?

Remember this?

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?t=102765&highlight=ASA+campaign

PROVE IT. In 8 days, you will have your chance. Put your money where your mouth is.

+1....hahahaha I agree. Lots of "we are so tough, hear us roar" talk going on. Well, the chance to show how tough you are is about present itself very soon...

PROVE IT. In 8 days, you will have your chance. Put your money where your mouth is.

No offense, but if we don't have a contract in 8 days that isn't reason alone to "put our money where our mouth is."

Now if they start moving planes around, it's a different story. Mesaba pilots FULLY support Pinnacle and Colgan pilots in getting a contract (finally). But let's not jump the gun, either. If this isn't done in 8 days, it is not reason alone to burn the place down. Let this play out.

One valuable lesson we learned in 2004 was that leverage doesn't always mean going nuclear. Pinnacle will be losing money too if they don't have the single list. That may be motivation for them to negotiate (yeah, I know... "You don't know this management team, blah-blah-blah...")

Let's all be calm, be READY for war (not anxious), and remember we are all on the same team. Let's learn from past mistakes but not let past events cloud our judgement.

Again, we ARE on the same team now. We should all act like it.

6 years of negotiating would justify an ASA style "havoc" campaign. Missing a 45 day optimistic goal? ...not so much.

I did say that I fly with some pretty militant folks, but I'm talking more about a Michigan autoworkers union mindset, and less of a Michigan Hutaree militia one.

Latest resources

Back