In the event that a transaction such as the one which gave rise to this Letter
of Agreement occurs in the future,
where such transaction involves in a net
loss of pilot positions at Mesaba and a net gain of pilot positions at Express,

it is hereby agreed that the parties shall enter into a Letter of Agreement to
provide for the transfer of Mesaba pilots to Express, under terms and
conditions no less favorable than the terms and conditions of this Letter of
Agreement.

One of our recalled MEC members has already stated on another forum that we should give them as good a deal that Mesaba MEC gave to Express pilots, "if not even better."

One of our recalled MEC members has already stated on another forum that we should give them as good a deal that Mesaba MEC gave to Express pilots, "if not even better."

That is correct. The LOA states the minimum of what has to be offered. Anything offered over the minimum will come at the expense of seniority for current 9E pilots. I can't even imagine the firestorm that would be created if our MEC gave seniority away. As I said earlier, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions. What ever happens there are going to be a lot of po'd pilots.

...unless we get a TA by the 15th
icon21.gif

I can't even imagine the firestorm that would be created if our MEC gave seniority away
Well, I think pilots are used to it. The junior FOs had a wage increase turned down, and then had their bonus money tied to W2 earnings, which were obviously lower since the union had turned down a raise for year 1 and 2 pilots. Yet, when it came to Mesaba new FOs, our MEC in a heartbeat got them a MOU of coming to Pinnacle with transferring longevity. I think it's clear that others come first, Pinnacle junior pilots come last. To address your comment, I wouldn't be surprised if Pinnacle pilots were sold down the river by our own. It's happened before, it could happen again.

Funny how all the CJC alpo chest thumpers where blabbing on and on about this new contract in 45 days! I just laugh at you guys.. WTF were you thinking?? I mean this is PNCL mgmt we are talking about. Just own up to it and tell the pilot group the TRUTH! There will be NO contract anytime soon.. (my guess another 1-2YRS) CJC ALPA has been on the road visiting all the bases to talk to the pilots about the progress of the negotiations.. BUT, they are still blowing sunshine up everybody's arse. Another thing... I keep hearing 50 seat pay for the Q400? SERIOUSLY!!! But its ok because its based on CRJ 50 seat pay.. gimme a break. Welp,, Here is one big NO vote. Pay for the seats and the profitability of the plane, not what powers it.

Just remember ..... this business is constantly changing. Mesa is coming out of bankruptcy very soon, they have some of the best performance in the industry, and one of the best pilot contracts. I think its interesting that Mesa chose NOT to change the ALPA CBA in bankruptcy when nearly every other airline has.

Just my two cents

Just remember ..... this business is constantly changing. Mesa is coming out of bankruptcy very soon, they have some of the best performance in the industry, and one of the best pilot contracts. I think its interesting that Mesa chose NOT to change the ALPA CBA in bankruptcy when nearly every other airline has.

Just my two cents

The best for who? Pilots, or management?

Pinnacle management has been laughing all the way to the bank for 10 YEARS! How many millions has Phil deposited on the back of the lowest wages in the industry?

At the same time giving the union the middle finger. Simply Amazing.

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
If the JCBA doesn't happen by the 15th and the CRJ's start to be transferred to 9E what makes you think the LOA will not apply? I assume that you've read the LOA?

Here is part of the LOA:

G. RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT
In the event that a transaction such as the one which gave rise to this Letter
of Agreement occurs in the future, where such transaction involves in a net
loss of pilot positions at Mesaba and a net gain of pilot positions at Express,

it is hereby agreed that the parties shall enter into a Letter of Agreement to
provide for the transfer of Mesaba pilots to Express, under terms and
conditions no less favorable than the terms and conditions of this Letter of
Agreement.

Not going to happen. This is not even close to "the transaction such as the one that gives rise to this letter." Not to mention the reciprocation section states a negotiation would have to take place.

We will merge nicely, or this company will fail divided. Quit looking for your personal gain in this. You will be swinging my gear even if there were a 2-1.

I hope these last couple of posts are not indicative of my future work environment!

That is correct. The LOA states the minimum of what has to be offered. Anything offered over the minimum will come at the expense of seniority for current 9E pilots. I can't even imagine the firestorm that would be created if our MEC gave seniority away. As I said earlier, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions. What ever happens there are going to be a lot of po'd pilots.

...unless we get a TA by the 15th
icon21.gif

Why would there be a "firestorm" against Mesaba pilots? Shouldn't you have a "firestorm" against the company that hasn't given you a new contract in 5+ years? And where was the offer when Mesaba was in bankruptcy losing half their pilot group and Pinnacle was hiring because they were still taking 200's? This situation is different because NWA pulled airplanes from Express and gave them to Mesaba. Is Delta pulling airplanes from Mesaba and giving them to Pinnacle here? I would venture to say that when Mesaba was in bankruptcy was much closer to the situation the LOA is talking about than this situation now.

edit: And why aren't the Mesaba pilots grandstading and saying they are going to give Colgan pilots 2 for 1? Because it isn't the right thing to do?

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back