• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba/Colgan guys, some 9E news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the JCBA doesn't happen and the RJ's are moved to 9E the only seniority rights the XJ pilots will have is at least what LOA21 offers. At a minimum, this means 1 for 2 seniority for CA's and staple for the FO's. That is the minimum that has to be offered from LOA 21. If it does come down to the LOA and the 9E ALPA gives more seniority to the transferring XJ pilots then they will have to contend with the 9E pilots who would not have their best interests looked after.

What ever happens, it will be a VERY contentious issue. Even though I do have a dog in the fight, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

The latest 9E union memo pretty much makes it clear we will not be getting a JCBA done by Nov 15.

Are you talking about the joint communication from the Joint Negotiating Committee? The 9E MEC has not been giving detailed negotiations updates.

Technically, our ulcers started May 2005.

Weren't you still taking flying lessons in May of 2005?

A quick question, if they were to just forcefully move the jets, what would they use for bidding for the pilot moved wiht the jets? DOH? I am sure some would say staple, but a lot of us at mesaba would walk

Pilots can only be added to the Pinnacle seniority list by means of a seniority integration or being added as a new hire.

Well I don't trust our union. No wonder we've had massive recalls and replacements (in the union) in the past year and a half.

Two out of 15 have been recalled and that happened over a year ago. Is that MASSIVE RECALLS in your mind? If so, your mind must be pretty small.

We've constantly been the #1 carrier among regionals for on time performance throughout the past few years.

You must not have checked the numbers for any months in the past year. Last I checked we were close to last in the industry.

If the JCBA doesn't happen and the RJ's are moved to 9E the only seniority rights the XJ pilots will have is at least what LOA21 offers. At a minimum, this means 1 for 2 seniority for CA's and staple for the FO's. That is the minimum that has to be offered from LOA 21. If it does come down to the LOA and the 9E ALPA gives more seniority to the transferring XJ pilots then they will have to contend with the 9E pilots who would not have their best interests looked after.

What ever happens, it will be a VERY contentious issue. Even though I do have a dog in the fight, I'm glad I'm not the one making the decisions.

I Knew some blank would bring up some letter of agreement that has no bearing or is relevant to our current situation. Try crap like that and guess what? Pinnacle will be short a lot of pilots.

Are you talking about the joint communication from the Joint Negotiating Committee? The 9E MEC has not been giving detailed negotiations updates.
Yes, thank you for correcting me. I could never count on the 9E MEC giving detailed negotiation updates, what was I thinking? It had to be the joing communication from the JNC.

Weren't you still taking flying lessons in May of 2005?
By our I meant the collective pilot group.

Two out of 15 have been recalled and that happened over a year ago. Is that MASSIVE RECALLS in your mind? If so, your mind must be pretty small.
I include the negotiating committee removals as well. We put in an entire new team, and then barely a few months into negotiating, we removed another main pilot negotiator. So add these numbers in there, and yes, to me it's massive!

You must not have checked the numbers for any months in the past year. Last I checked we were close to last in the industry.
It is true, we are. But this is coming years late and a dollar short.......

This whole thing is so predictable. Same thing has been happening when it was just 9E-ALPA negotiating. They work on the easiest areas first, and claim great success, while leaving the thorny issues til last (scheduling and money) and then it's a big shock they couldn't get anything done.

And what are WE (collective 9E, XJ and 9L pilots)going to do about it? Nothing. The pilots will still fly sick, block out on time, block in on time, fly broken airplanes, fly fatigued and taxi at the speed of NASCAR. And epicmissmanagement knows it. WE are the suckers.

And what are WE (collective 9E, XJ and 9L pilots)going to do about it? Nothing. The pilots will still fly sick, block out on time, block in on time, fly broken airplanes, fly fatigued and taxi at the speed of NASCAR. And epicmissmanagement knows it. WE are the suckers.

What he said.

I Knew some blank would bring up some letter of agreement that has no bearing or is relevant to our current situation. Try crap like that and guess what? Pinnacle will be short a lot of pilots.

If the JCBA doesn't happen by the 15th and the CRJ's start to be transferred to 9E what makes you think the LOA will not apply? I assume that you've read the LOA?

Here is part of the LOA:

G. RECIPROCAL AGREEMENT
In the event that a transaction such as the one which gave rise to this Letter
of Agreement occurs in the future, where such transaction involves in a net
loss of pilot positions at Mesaba and a net gain of pilot positions at Express,

it is hereby agreed that the parties shall enter into a Letter of Agreement to
provide for the transfer of Mesaba pilots to Express, under terms and
conditions no less favorable than the terms and conditions of this Letter of
Agreement.

Back a few years ago when everyone was hiring, 9E MEC took a strike vote, and over 99% of our pilot group voted yes in favor of strike action. But fast forward a few years. The worst recession came, a huge downturn. No other airline hired. Now, the typical 9E pilot didn't want to 'rock the hive.' MANY are tied to Pinnacle and if Pinnacle lets them go, they wil have NOTHING in their hand. And they know it! With no other regionals/majors hiring, most people want Pinnacle to do well. To do very, very well! Hence our performance was top notch through the recession, 2008, 2009. And, as time has gone on, we have more lifers here now. These are people who have hit a point where they realize that their 18-20 day off lines with 3 vacation weeeks and all weekends off is too hard to give up. So more and more people are making Pinnacle their retirement place. The whole mentality has changed. I would love if the strike vote was taken again, I can gaurantee you it won't be anywhere near 99%. Too many people are now tied permanently to Pinnacle, and they do not want to break the umbilical.

Latest resources

Back