• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Mesaba/Colgan guys, some 9E news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ours have, and will. Join us, or get out of the way.

I haven't said anything negative about a Mesaba pilot (except Seven). But listen hear grandpa, I have seen nothing from Mesaba pilots besides a NASCAR taxi. Show me you guys will fight this management in a meaningful way, and then I will respect you. While you are on your high horse, I have flown with 3 former Mesaba pilots in the last month, and I am NOT impressed.

Now, gear up for a fight. We are going to need it, and 9E pilots have never shown the spine. Lets see what you got.

Why would there be a "firestorm" against Mesaba pilots? Shouldn't you have a "firestorm" against the company that hasn't given you a new contract in 5+ years? And where was the offer when Mesaba was in bankruptcy losing half their pilot group and Pinnacle was hiring because they were still taking 200's? This situation is different because NWA pulled airplanes from Express and gave them to Mesaba. Is Delta pulling airplanes from Mesaba and giving them to Pinnacle here? I would venture to say that when Mesaba was in bankruptcy was much closer to the situation the LOA is talking about than this situation now.

edit: And why aren't the Mesaba pilots grandstading and saying they are going to give Colgan pilots 2 for 1? Because it isn't the right thing to do?

Pinnacle was not taking delivery of aircraft during the NWA/Mesaba bankruptcies. Along with the capacity cuts that mainline and Mesaba took as part of the reorganization, Pinnacle had 15 CRJ-200s grounded. The bankruptcy was nothing more than unfortunate circumstances in an unstable profession where everyone shared pain. It in no way entitled you to jobs at Pinnacle.

We will merge nicely, or this company will fail divided. Quit looking for your personal gain in this. You will be swinging my gear even if there were a 2-1.
No merger unless a JCBA and a SLI come. JCBA looks very remote. I'd be more worried about what happens to XJ once the Saabs from the Delta system are parked. Going down to just 36 CRJ900s and 17 CRJ200s would be horrible. I wouldn't make any slinging gear comments at this point. :D

Pinnacle was not taking delivery of aircraft during the NWA/Mesaba bankruptcies. Along with the capacity cuts that mainline and Mesaba took as part of the reorganization, Pinnacle had 15 CRJ-200s grounded. The bankruptcy was nothing more than unfortunate circumstances in an unstable profession where everyone shared pain. It in no way entitled you to jobs at Pinnacle.

So, Express pilots were ENTITLED jobs at Mesaba? Or was it just a nice thing to do?

Not going to happen. This is not even close to "the transaction such as the one that gives rise to this letter." Not to mention the reciprocation section states a negotiation would have to take place.

We will merge nicely, or this company will fail divided. Quit looking for your personal gain in this. You will be swinging my gear even if there were a 2-1.

I hope these last couple of posts are not indicative of my future work environment!

I can't speak for you, but I'm not a lawyer. I think the there is a transaction taking place, there will be a net loss of pilots at Mesaba, and there will be a net gain of pilots at Pinnacle. If this is the case then the parties shall negotiate another LOA that would transfer pilots and seniority to Pinnacle. What kind of seniority credit is agreed to is the $64,000 question. Something is going to happen one way or another. This is the way I see it happening IF we don't get a JCBA. Obviously you don't agree.

Ah, the old "you'll be swinging my gear" barb. I don't mind operating the landing gear, in fact I do it all of the time when I'm the PM. With a 1-2 or DOH, I'll still be in the left seat.

, I have flown with 3 former Mesaba pilots in the last month, and I am NOT impressed.

Now, gear up for a fight. We are going to need it, and 9E pilots have never shown the spine. Lets see what you got.

How about a little respect for the guys that have just been put and are going through hell? I've been furloughed, and it ain't fun. I am not a violent man, but I remember many a pillow taking a beating. Just because they aren't a super pilot like yourself, doesn't mean you can talk smack. Again, a little respect for what they are going through please.

Why would there be a "firestorm" against Mesaba pilots? Shouldn't you have a "firestorm" against the company that hasn't given you a new contract in 5+ years? And where was the offer when Mesaba was in bankruptcy losing half their pilot group and Pinnacle was hiring because they were still taking 200's? This situation is different because NWA pulled airplanes from Express and gave them to Mesaba. Is Delta pulling airplanes from Mesaba and giving them to Pinnacle here? I would venture to say that when Mesaba was in bankruptcy was much closer to the situation the LOA is talking about than this situation now.

edit: And why aren't the Mesaba pilots grandstading and saying they are going to give Colgan pilots 2 for 1? Because it isn't the right thing to do?

No firestorm against Mesaba pilots, it would be against 9E ALPA for sacrificing 9E pilots seniority more than is provided for in the LOA.

There is no agreement between XJ and 9L for transfer of seniority and there doesn't need to be because there are merging.

Dointime is right there was no reason to reciprocate due to the circumstances of the BK. Now if you look back to about 2003, well then that's a different story.

Where's Higney85 to settle down his fellow pilots? This directly relates to our discussion about a month ago.

I haven't said anything negative about a Mesaba pilot (except Seven). But listen hear grandpa, I have seen nothing from Mesaba pilots besides a NASCAR taxi. Show me you guys will fight this management in a meaningful way, and then I will respect you. While you are on your high horse, I have flown with 3 former Mesaba pilots in the last month, and I am NOT impressed.

You got me Smarta$$, I am old. Old enough to have my job/seat threatened about 5 times here at XJ. Old enough to have been downgraded more than once. Old enough to have concessions forced upon me, only to have new hire pilots tell me I sold out in accepting the contract. Now I see junior pilots drooling over my aircraft and how they will screw me in integration. I'm still fighting though, except we fight mgmt. over here, not other pilots. Our MEC leaders and membership are strong, hardened in battle you might say.

I would rather have all these drooling pilots standing beside me. I would rather put up a united front, ALPA against mgmt. Instead I find myself on FI stating how a 13 year old LOA should not, will not, a cannot be accepted by this ENTIRE pilot group.

I might be old, but there's still a lot of fight left in me. Let's just focus that energy together against mgmt. To make this the best airline/contract/pilot group in our part of the industry.

Latest resources

Back