Mesaba/Colgan guys, some 9E news

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Flyer1015

The latest 9E union memo pretty much makes it clear we will not be getting a JCBA done by Nov 15. What have you guys been told? I hope no one got their hopes up! Pinnacle Corp management is not interested in its employees, they only care about the bottom dollar. For 9E guys, it means continuing to work under a 1999 CBA with no end in sight.

Mesaba guys: The biggest concern for ya'll would be what Pinnacle Corp decides to do after Nov 15. With no JCBA, there's no SLI, but I still see Pinnacle Corp trying to move your RJs out anyway. Hopefully your fragmentation policy can help, but this game will get ugly. At least now both Mesaba and Colgan pilots have gotten a taste of what 9E management is really like. Anyone thinking we'd get a new CBA done in 45 days was drinking some heavy amounts of kool-aid. We've been in neogiations for 5+ years with no decent TA to show for it, did anyone really think we could pull one in 45 days? Oh, and thankfully, we did cancel our DTW picket because the company "told" us they wanted one contract, one list. Hooray! Go union! I won't be holding my breath for that one contract, one list any time soon, as our management's actions have clearly dictated. Amazing how quickly our union would cancel a picket, huh? Management gives us an inch, we give them a mile.

Funny how all the CJC alpo chest thumpers where blabbing on and on about this new contract in 45 days! I just laugh at you guys.. WTF were you thinking?? I mean this is PNCL mgmt we are talking about. Just own up to it and tell the pilot group the TRUTH! There will be NO contract anytime soon.. (my guess another 1-2YRS) CJC ALPA has been on the road visiting all the bases to talk to the pilots about the progress of the negotiations.. BUT, they are still blowing sunshine up everybody's arse. Another thing... I keep hearing 50 seat pay for the Q400? SERIOUSLY!!! But its ok because its based on CRJ 50 seat pay.. gimme a break. Welp,, Here is one big NO vote. Pay for the seats and the profitability of the plane, not what powers it.

yeah not sure our combined pilot group has the leverage that it was thought to have (I always wondered how paying 2/3 of the pilot group saved Pinnacle money when they got this new contract done). I laughed when the first email came out how fast things were going when they were breezing through the easy stuff. The the first money issue came up (deadhead pay) and Pinnacle threw back the 75% offer we had on the table when they had offered that in their other TA! What happened? They set that aside. I must say this, have faith in what our unions are doing. They cannot send out an email outlining their strategy and give it away to the very company that they are fighting. lets give it some time and see what happens. I for one am prepared for the worst, that is for sure. A quick question, if they were to just forcefully move the jets, what would they use for bidding for the pilot moved wiht the jets? DOH? I am sure some would say staple, but a lot of us at mesaba would walk

There's been plenty of people on here saying the PCL union leadership could get it done.

Again, the bottom line is that it's Pinnacle management. They are going to do exactly what they want to do. If you don't like it, they will tell you to sue them...they don't care.

Same playbook for over 11 years and counting. How much more do you need to see?

Cancel anymore picketing events?

There are words I want to use to describe pinnacle corp/inc and its executive management, but they would just be blocked from view anyway.

Honestly, Mesaba pilots, be prepared for the worst run airline, and the worst employee treatment you can imagine.

I don't recalling anybody in the Mesaba crew room in MSP saying the contract would be done. The union said there were many reasons for Pinnacle management to get the contract done. Personally I didn't believe it could be done but I know the unions were going to try.

It is stunning to me that some of the posts on here think we at Mesaba have been some pain sheltered, happy go lucky pilot group. I guess you think being under the thumb of NWA was easy. 2003 contract negotiations, loss of 2 fleets, bankruptcy, buy out and now sold. Yep, it's just been great.

I know there is some hard feelings about our supposed great contract. We had it imposed on us. There was some gambles within the contract. This time we happened to be on the winning side. I personally would have preferred to not experience the fowl atmosphere of bankruptcy and forced base changes and commuting. Believe me there isn't much we haven't felt and none of us at XJ would be surprised if something nasty is about ot happen.

But I trust our union. They did well in the bankruptcy - lets all give them a chance. Even our XJ union reps are saying March now.

Well I don't trust our union. No wonder we've had massive recalls and replacements (in the union) in the past year and a half.

And lets get one thing clear: Pinnacle management has been able to drag us out for so long because the pilot group by n large is spineless. We've constantly been the #1 carrier among regionals for on time performance throughout the past few years. When you're #1 under the current old expired (amendable) contract, you give management no reason to give you a new one. What will Pinnacle pilots do? Take your pick: Nothing, definitely nothing, seriously nothing, most definitely nothing, or all of the above.

Latest resources

Back